Photo

Screenshot of the Week 129

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 129 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 129

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

DragonBoy
user posted image
Mock-Up for a my new quest idea.

Gashin
user posted image
Secret are or not, you still have to take the long way!

Mighty Darknut
user posted image

Radien
user posted image
The new Wood's Edge. Out with the old, and in with the new!

sorry for the delay. got caught up in Hyrule Fantasy yesterday and completley spaced SotW/M out

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

The first thing I looked at was Radien's screenshot. =O! Radien, those treetops look excellent. Very nice shot.

Gashin: Nice broken bridge there.

Mighty_Darknut: Its good, but not a excellent shot. I like the Chozo though. icon_wink.gif

#3 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:05 PM

DragonBoy - The ship looks slightly out of place, as if it is floating above the water. Try adding in some darkish blue around where it dips into the water. The gray cliff to the side looks odd.

Gashin - I honestly don't get why so many people like these shots. They're all pretty much the same formula - goldish green grass, BS mountains, deep blue/purple water with reflections, fancy trees. Although it's a damn good formula, the shots are pretty much a redux of one another. IOW, it's good, but I've seen it all before.

Mighty Darknut - Odd perspective, etc. The sand layout looks very unusual with said perspective. It's almost as if there is a "hole" in the sand.

Radien - A great shot. Very detailed. My one complaint is the peahats, which look too small and not "spiky" enough. Despite that, I vote here.

#4 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

All Nice shots, but Radien's treetops "overshadowed" the rest. icon_wink.gif

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

The ship looks slightly out of place, as if it is floating above the water. Try adding in some darkish blue around where it dips into the water. The gray cliff to the side looks odd.

I know what you mean about the boat. I'm having a hard time trying to make it look like it's in the water, not floating. =/

#6 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

Raiden gets my vote. I simply love the SD3 grass and the the tree tops.

Dragon boy: The picture is fine but the water looks a bit plan. Like system error says, try adding some more waves along link's ship.

Gashin: The things that sticks out is the broken bridge and the water. I didn't vote for you because I felt as if I already seen it before.

Mighty darknut: Ah, just what I was going to rip next! Nothing too special here but the Screw attack item sticks out.

Raiden: I don't think this CAN improve. It's good enough already.

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

Some nice screenshots this week! All are deserving of good comments. All show a good amount of detail, effort, and creativity. I prefer the cliffs in Gashin's shot more than in Dragonboy's, considering that Gashin's looks more natural. I also like to see neat stuff like broken bridges and underwater layers. Now if you could add stuff like seaweed and other foliage found in such a habitat, that would be very cool. I continue to see some good metroid screenshots by Mighty Darknut, which doesn't leave this one out, so don't stop. I love Radien's forest, as it feels like a real forest and I just love those DoR overworld tiles.

It all boils down to effort, and I see Gashin's work requiring the most effort and containing the most creativity. My vote is cast.

#8 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:32 PM

I prefer the cliffs in Gashin's shot more than in Dragonboy's

The cliff's on my shot are ugly, but I don't know which Mountain would resemble Wind Waker the most.

#9 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:40 PM

yes, as soon as I saw Radien's shot, I knew I was screwed. but that's alright, it's boring to win every SotW I enter [/ego]

and I just realized, my shot isn't even finished. there's supposed to be cracks and marks on the right pillar of the bridge, but instead it's smooth. oh dear..

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

Dragonboy: Amazing! Gets my vote. It is a very nice layout and the colors seem to be 130% right. SotY quality.

Gashin: Super as always, you get my second vote.

MD: AGAIN a Metroid screen? Well, probably every SotW will contain one from now on, but they will rarely get my vote.

Radien: Only the treetops are special... Very nice, though, this gets my third vote.

#11 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

edit-
actually, on second thought I think gashin's is better.. radiens has kinda grown against me, and theres nothing wrong I can find with gashins

Edited by .TakaM, 05 July 2006 - 01:27 AM.

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

Well well, all of the screenies look beautiful this week. icon_thumbsup.gif

But I guess Radien's tiles are just too gorgeous not to get a vote from me... Though there could be much more detail in Radien's screen. Flowers, animals, small stones etc. Yeah I'm a detail freak, so sue me! icon_razz.gif

#13 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Geez, this is a REAL contest this week. All of them are so good...

DragonBoy: A nice scene, but I HATE those mountain tiles.

Gashin: ... Do I even have to say it?

Mighty Darknut: I like the ruin tiles in the upper-left hand corner, but there is nothing that strikes me as "WOW!" In this scene.

Radien: Love the treetops and the grass, the whole thing is really pleasing to the eye.

My vote goes to... um... let's see... hold on... just a sec... lemme think... I guess... Radien since Gashin wins all the time.

#14 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Dang. Every screenshot is great today.
First, let's start out with Dragonboy, shall we?

Dragonboy: Great screenshot. Though it DOES look like the boats need to be floating on WATER instead of in midair (icon_razz.gif), great shot nethertheless. Gotta love that boat of red lions-thingy.
Gashin: My only complaint about it is that I have yet to see anything drastically new, like a dark forest, or a palace in the sky, ect. It's always the same-old, same-old. But still, it looks marvelous, but didn't quite get my vote.
Mighty Darknut: Well... my only complaint is that it's a little too "square-ish". Add some diagnal walls, maybe a couple of withering plants in it, some crumbeling stones in it, ect. But overall, good shot.
Radien: icon_wow.gif ...that smiley pretty much sums it all up.
I DO have some advice, though. You could maybe have flowers growing along the dirt path, or have a couple patches of grass along it. (Really small, though) What REALLY stood out was the treetops. Those look absolutely beautifull. The whole screen reminds me of the word "Mystic". Overall, brilliant job. Definetally gets my vote.

#15 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:35 AM

Radien's screenshot gets my vote.. o.o I just love the overall detail of that overworld screenshot. o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users