Photo

Screenshot of the Week 126

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 126 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 126

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:42 AM

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Samus searches for the wrecked freighter in Aggron Swamp.

ZC-Ninja
user posted image
What a lovely place to put a cottage.

Zeldd
user posted image
"Link is hiding behind some rock..."

finally. I believe now is the part where I'm stood up on a pedestal to be beaten to death by thrown objects. these past few days have been, chaotic, to put it mildly

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:19 AM

Mighty Darknut: A nice and suitable combination of tilesets here to compose a good-looking screen. icon_thumbsup.gif The colors are also really smooth.

ZC-Ninja: My, those are some unusual colors! icon_odd.gif I like the tiles used a lot in this screen, though. They themselves are detailed; whether that was your job or not, it doesn't matter.

Zeldd: I'm not sure what to say... Gameboy colors are bad enough, but they've been applied poorly to the tiles you have, which, by themselves, make the screen look dirty. Keep trying.

I vote for Mighty Darknut.

Edited by nicklegends, 15 June 2006 - 01:19 AM.

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

Dylan, your shot is very confusing. Is that supposed to be outdoors? Or in a cave? There's a house and birds, but those walls make it look like a cave...

I nulled.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

Might Darknut's is the only one that's remotely good here and that's not saying much. None really impress me, but my vote went to MD.

#5 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

I must agree with DFW. I'm not one for metroid but that shot by Mighty Darknut is better than the rest.

#6 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

I loved MD's shot, and I love Metroid games as well.

#7 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

I liked MD's and ZC-Ninjas, just because MD's has well-blending colors, and ZC-Ninja's is just, well, I don't know, it's cool.

I'll vote for ZC-Ninja since he's getting dominated here.

EDIT: Looks like he's not getting dominated. But I'm still happy with my vote.

Edited by trip i fall, 15 June 2006 - 02:17 PM.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

Mighty Darknut: I knew that a metriod screenshot would eventually get my vote. It is interesting how you fit a swamp into a futuristic setting. Interesting idea.

ZC-Ninja: Not as good as most of the work I have seen from you, but luckily that doesn't hurt your work much. It is certainly a strange place for a cottage, and the detail is good, but there is something unexplainable about the screenshot that doesn't sit well for me. Part of it is what looks like a walkway in the pool of lava at the bottom of the waterfall.

Zeldd: Obviously it is lacking color, but I won't put you down for that, since you probably wanted it without the color. Outside of that, it is still just an okay shot. There is nothing there that makes me say "Oh wow!".

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

I voted for Zeldd.
I simply love the greyscale pallette and that pic is good for the eye. And she isn't using GB tileset, that's LttP tileset... And yes, her goal were to make a good black&white pic.

I simply don't know what random ppl like in MD's shot, it is just a simple gameplay pic. And I usually don't like metroid pics...
ZC-Ninja: Well, I was thinking about voting for you, but that lava-or-what tiles on the right are bad for the eye and now my head extraordinary aches, so it's even worse this way...
(Zeldd was standing next to me while I voted, but it didn't affect anything.)

#10 Brandon

Brandon

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

Voted for ZC-Ninja. Nice attention to detail, although the DMAP name is messed.

#11 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

MD- Good shot, nice flow. I really cant critize anything about it icon_biggrin.gif.

Me- The lava is still under work. Im basically testing with transparent layers ontop of more animated water from other sets... the effect is really cool occasionally. I need to edit the colors of the bottem one.. at least the blue water looks effing great.

The shot itself may or may not appear in the game. Im basically messing around with palletes and tiles for Ruby Path will be. If it is in (which is likely) than the couple will be some people you can meet about halfway (maybe the start, I dunno) that you can get healed by.

Zeldd- icon_blink.gif um.. you know how to use palletes right?

EDIT: Forgot to say I nulled. Hehe and from the looks like we have a tie so far.

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 15 June 2006 - 03:56 PM.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Mighty Darknut:

Pretty good, but I'd still do some more adjusting with the palette. The water is perhaps just a little bit too murky.

Is that mold on the south wall? Did you draw it? If so, excellent job. But why's it only on the south wall?... Hmm.

Overall, I like this shot.

ZC Ninja:

Excellent job on the whole screen, except for the water. The border is too blocky, and the colors are whacked. This is a weird screen, but it is quite good aside from the water.

Zeldd:

Offhand, I'd guess that this is the LTTP tileset, with the obscure DoR flashback tiles (hard to tell for sure when it isn't animated), and a weird black and white palette.

The palette is way too high-contrast; it kinda kills this shot. I'd make a new palette. Also, why hide Link, anyway?...

I vote for Mighty Darknut because he has slightly better screen design than ZC Ninja's.

#13 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 15 2006, 05:07 PM)
Mighty Darknut:

Pretty good, but I'd still do some more adjusting with the palette. The water is perhaps just a little bit too murky.

Is that mold on the south wall? Did you draw it? If so, excellent job. But why's it only on the south wall?... Hmm.

Overall, I like this shot.

ZC Ninja:

Excellent job on the whole screen, except for the water. The border is too blocky, and the colors are whacked. This is a weird screen, but it is quite good aside from the water.

Zeldd:

Offhand, I'd guess that this is the LTTP tileset, with the obscure DoR flashback tiles (hard to tell for sure when it isn't animated), and a weird black and white palette.

The palette is way too high-contrast; it kinda kills this shot. I'd make a new palette. Also, why hide Link, anyway?...

View Post

Yeah, I have the exact same opinion on these shots as Raiden, suprisingly. I voted ZC-Ninja, simply because I love those walls. I know thier rips, but I still love'em.

#14 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

Here is what I have to say about each shot.

Mighty Darknut - The dirt has little detail in it. The brown vines on the left center have a terrible-looking white outline in the water. Also, one thing I don't like about your style of walls is that they're too far up in perspective. Although the wall graphics themselves are all right, it just looks unusual. Despite that, it's the best shot here.

ZC-Ninja - "Fiker Vally" is split on the submap name section of the map. You should never do that in a submap name. You misspelled valley. Also, I don't know what the hell that stuff on the left is. If it's supposed to be lava, it looks terrible. There is no transition from the side of the cottage to there, making it look as if some force is stopping it from pouring onto the bricks. The falls look as though they're behind glass, and the brown section looks bad as well. The brown ground there also looks terrible.

Zeldd - Horrible, horrible palette. The pinkish ground does not help the shot. The top of the hedge also looks unusual. Even if you were going for that dream or flashback effect, you've done a lousy job of doing so.

Edited by System Error, 16 June 2006 - 08:24 PM.

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(System Error @ Jun 16 2006, 09:23 PM)
The brown vines on the left center have a terrible-looking white outline in the water.

View Post

That's part of the animation, which is quite common in water tiles. It isn't constantly white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users