Photo

Screenshot of the Week 120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 120 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 120

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
The biggest lock-block I've ever seen.

Peteo
user posted image
Another in-game screenshot from "Lost Isle"

Questions
user posted image
Wow looks like no one's bee here in a long time. It's all messy

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
No, it's not another new quest (icon_razz.gif), it is a change in BS grass and mountain tiles...

#2 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

Voted for mighty darknut. They're all good. Especially Peteo's. But I like the custom tiles.

#3 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

Mighty Darknut - Hmm... The screen is entirely custom, as your quest is as well... But it just seems to look squarish to me... But for all I know, that could be what you're aiming for. Nice map title, by the way.

Peteo - A dungeon that has been overgrown with plants... The overall style seems to be a enhanced MC look... And I'm not really and expert with colour contrasting, but the blue/green goes really well... Good job.

Questions - Overall, it's a good use of the DoR tileset. Though, I notice you use the same grass-clump combo on the screen, and the flower combos are mostly the same. Would do well to mix it up a bit there.

Rex Zemenheart - Hmm... Something seems wrong to me at the bottom with those mountains there... But it's a very good shot, none the less. And the grass makes it sort-of look like a jungle type area...

And the winner of my vote is...

I'm not telling. icon_razz.gif

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

Some great shots this week!

Questions and Rex Zemenheart - A good variety and placement of tiles can clearly be seen for both of these. However, they don't live up to the excellence of the other two shots.

Rex Zemenheart - In addition to what I said above, I really like the grass and how you mixed it with the barren soil.

Mighty Darknut - My second favorite. This is not like anything I have seen before, which shows your creativity with probably a combination of both custom and non-custom tiles. Great choice for walls and floor tiles too!

Peteo - I love everything about this shot! Is that a hedge maze on the side of a castle? It looks very well done, as the natural beauty of the scene is not compromised in the face of man-made creativity! I love it! This gets my vote.

#5 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

Mighty Darknut: Pretty graphics, but it just lost to the next one. =(

Peteo: Two words: TILESET! NOW! That stuff looks really good. Great, now I can't wait to play it... =(

Questions: I'm not really fond of the eges of the screen. They're all empty. =(

Rex Zemenheart: Another 1st remake? Nice graphics, but this screen is not very interesting to look at. =(

=D

#6 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:36 PM

I voted for Peteo.

The only thing I've got to say about it is the quality of the picture. It covers up some things; We really don't know how nice the area would look in ZC.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:52 PM

Voted for Peteo.

Mighty Darknut: Interesting, but not so special as others.
Peteo: Wonderful! Everything is placed well!
Questions: Good. But no more.
Rex Zemenheart: Nice grass and mountains! The additions make the screen very interesting. Definitaly the second best.

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Z @ Apr 30 2006, 10:26 PM)
Two words: TILESET! NOW!

View Post

Well... no tilesets planned yet, but I will definitely release "tile packages" of these Lost Isle dungeons in the near future (after LI's release). icon_smile.gif

It was unbeliveably hard to make those dungeon packages for the quest. First I tried to simply rip stuff from Minish Cap, but I gave up and drew everything from scratch. *sighs* So believe it or not guys but most of the tiles in the screenshot are self-made from scratch. But it is obvious that the tiles are heavily influenced by puretiles and MC tiles. Me and DFW like the results alot and I'm quite proud about the fact that I've been able to make the MC tiles look even better than they originally were in the game. Everyone has a right to disagree though. icon_razz.gif

#9 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

Woah nelly. Peteo for the win. Mighty definatly pulling up from behind.

MD- Nice shot, but its not as eye pleasin as Peteos is. Great shot all the same.

Pe- wow. This is purely beautiful. Is that little tree custom? (one near the middle). Just wonderful.

Rex- Eh... are you trying to follow in Raidens footsteps with the grass? This dosent really work as well, because of the contrast soely. You need to make it less detaild (eleminate some colors) and make it a tad bit more dull, so it doesnet look competly relastic with the rest of hte picture.

Questions- Ok, but it dosetn really do anything.

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 30 April 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#10 Boycm92

Boycm92

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

Looks Like Peteo Is winning this one, hands down by far! He has 1337ness Dugeon making skills. icon_lol.gif

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:15 PM

Rex Zemenheart. Why? Becuase that is one of the most refreshing shots I've seen in a long time, even if it's just the first quest with different tiles. Peteo's was very good as well, but the perspective on those tiles, even if taken from other Zelda games, really bugs me. icon_neutral.gif

#12 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

this one shouldve been closed before it even started,i dont even have to vote to know that Peteo won
early congrats

*nulls vote anyway

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hmm...

Mighty Darknut:
This is a nice shot. I like the perspective, and I like the way that you keep everything lining up, and keeping in tone with that perspective. It's not like seeing a shot with AlttP walls (Straight down view) with GBC trees (45º angle front view). There is nothing wrong with that, but if you're going for realism, it looks wierd. However, the wall tile were it turns a corner uses the same wall tile as a regular wall. I mention this because the turning wall has no black edge, so it looks wierd. I'm not trying to nit-pick, but it is hard to find things wrong with good shots icon_razz.gif

Peteo/ DFW:
This shot is awesome. I like the bright colors. It's always nice to something bright that stands out from the standard darker AlttP/ Pure Palette... Had I not entered, my vote probably would have gone to this shot...

Questions:
I can tell you're trying to add a lot of detail, but something just isn't quite right... You should have used more than two different grass tiles, and I'm not too fond of the redish shrubery. However, I will commend you for making an effort icon_smile.gif

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

Shoot, I missed the deadline for submission. >< Gashin, by what time do you want these in, anyway?

Yeah, Peteo's is darned impressive. Did you draw those hedges and bushes yourself? Or are some of them from Minish Cap like the castle tiles?

#15 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

Hedges and bushes are from the minish cap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users