Photo

Screenshot of the Week 116

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 116 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 116

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Dorian
user posted image
Will our hero find the key ?

Freedom
user posted image
From "The Adventures of Robinhood"

Link75
user posted image

Sylph
user posted image
That's BIG!

great screenshots this week! and remember, next week is Shot of the Month

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Not so good as last week, but better than nothing. =/

Link75, I like yours the most; Its a diffrence from what we see every single week, which is good.

*Votes*.

#3 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Freedom: We've seen so many awesome shots from you that this almost seems mundane by comparison. Regardless, awesome shot, and gets my vote easily.

Dorian: Kind of bland. Try to put more variation in your screens, as honestly, screens of that appearance are a dime a dozen.

Link75: The colors are alright, but I hate the floor. Something about it really doesn't sit well with me.

Sylph: An interesting shot. Solid, but not spectacular. Overall an OK shot.

#4 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

Mine got pwned by Freedoms shot. icon_sweat.gif

Dorian: nice room, but nothing very special. (like mine)
Freedom: Wow, this looks great. There is so much detail and I think everything was placed in good spots. I would vote for you. (Don't like the big Link though)
Sylph: I like it, but add some trees to the, uh, bottom area on the left and right.

Edited by Link75, 19 March 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

Kewl, I'm the first to comment icon_smile.gif

Dorian
Nice, but it lacks deatial, and it just doesn't look like SotW winning Material I don't like the square rooms and the lava is way too dark...

Freedom
Great, now that your back in the competition, I'll never win icon_razz.gif This is a great shot, but I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the big Link sprite It probably looks awkward next to enemies, and it makes everytihng else seem small. I voted for this shot none the less though icon_smile.gif

Link75
This is another very nice shot. It really looks like it is right from a GBC Zelda Game. I really love those shades of blue. Infact, I *almost* voted for this icon_smile.gif

Sylph
Again, not exactly SotW material, but I do like the torches. This screen lacks detail. I can see that you did well in terms of filling it up, but you should put some tress in the tall grass, and alter the tall grass in some way. Also the water is plain. It looks like the blue floor by Hyrule Castle from AlltP.

EDIT: Or not icon_razz.gif

Edited by Rex Zemenheart, 19 March 2006 - 09:33 PM.

#6 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

Apparently Freedom is the only talented zc'er participating this week. I'm giving my vote to him.

#7 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

Oooh.. a block puzzle shot.. Nice..

Dorian: Honestly, with what ZC can do now, I don't think the square room just cuts it anymore. Although, good use of the Newfirst set.
Freedom: *votes* Overall, good screen. (Can I get that link sprite? =P)
Link75: Nice block puzzle screen, mind if I "Borrow" the puzzle? =P
Sylph: Meh, It's sorta plain, I would have placed a little bit more detail in the water and the grass. Maybe a few trees in the forest-like schrubbery to make it seem more like a real forest.

#8 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

Everyone But Freedom- Nice shots, but all lack pazzaz, wether it be good looking graphics, or just lack detail.

Freedom- Although I find this shot disguisting, it still beats the others... the major issue I have with it is Gaint Link... I think I will forever hate these things, but oh well. It just looks so out of place, when you compare him to the trees, and surrounding. Another issue I have is the vast majority of trees... variation is cool, but its almost to the point of having every tree be different shape, which is ok, but most of those trees are meant for specilized areas. Youre Minish Cap graphics are nice, but I am getting kind of tired of seeing them... or at least them by them selves. Some mixtures would be cool.

*Votes*

#9 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

I voted for Link75

Dorian: there's nothing to look at here. And as Sephiroth said square rooms are no good.
Freedom: Quite nice. this would be my pick if the large link didn't clash to kingdom come with the GB trees.
Link75: Haven't seen anything out of CGBZ since I played Ganon's Claim. I can't explain it but I just get pulled by that shot.
Sylph: Erm yes the temple is an obvious focal point there's just a lack of detail.

#10 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Mar 19 2006, 07:42 PM)

Freedom: *votes* Overall, good screen. (Can I get that link sprite? =P)

He's in the Adventure Tileset icon_wink.gif
Let me know if you really start using him and I'll send you the ones I've done since I released it too, like the walking sideways with the shield tiles.
Otherwise I'll be releasing them too when I get the quest done, I was going to wait in case there were more changes to him.

#11 Firefly

Firefly

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

I voted for Dorian.

Dorian: I don't know, the screen has a... sweet color... I don't know how to explain it but I like it.
Freedom: I like your screenshot, the problem is that I don't like that it uses a lot of brown, which makes everything look dry, including trees and bushes, still it looks great.
Link75: Too much blue, it looks good and all, but the walls look like they were "cut off".
Sylph: The screen is way too simple...

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Mar 20 2006, 04:51 AM)
Everyone But Freedom- Nice shots, but all lack pazzaz, wether it be good looking graphics, or just lack detail.

Freedom- Although I find this shot disguisting, it still beats the others... the major issue I have with it is Gaint Link... I think I will forever hate these things, but oh well. It just looks so out of place, when you compare him to the trees, and surrounding. Another issue I have is the vast majority of trees... variation is cool, but its almost to the point of having every tree be different shape, which is ok, but most of those trees are meant for specilized areas. Youre Minish Cap graphics are nice, but I am getting kind of tired of seeing them... or at least them by them selves. Some mixtures would be cool.

*Votes*

View Post

I agree 100%.

But oh well, there's still no competition this week so Freedom gets the vote. *click*

#13 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Mar 19 2006, 07:51 PM)

Freedom-  Youre Minish Cap graphics are nice, but I am getting kind of tired of seeing them... or at least them by them selves. Some mixtures would be cool.

*Votes*

View Post

The only "Minish Cap" tiles in the shot are the house and Link. icon_wink.gif

#14 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

Don't blame me I'm just trying to do something icon_razz.gif

Freedom: beautiful colors! great
Link75: nice screen
Sylph: The temple is too big in the middle of the screen, and that's all we can see

#15 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

Dorian: I'm tempted to vote just because you're using Newfirst. It's quite underused these days.
Freedom: Pretty nice attention to detail here. Though, one tree has a brown spot on it. Make it a light green or white, and you'll be golden.
Link75: Nice block puzzle.
Sylph: Your average Pureset shot.

It was tough, but I ended up voting Freedom over Dorian. Dorian, might I suggest my newfirst update in the DB...?

I'd better start busting out with SD3 shots again. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users