Photo

Screenshot of the Week 115

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 115 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 115

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

Freedom
user posted image
A screen from "The Adventures of Robinhood"

Linkus Mastii
user posted image
Ask, and you shall recieve! (the sprites)

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
Ignore the "Unregistered" thing at the top. The "lag" is not part of the shot, it is where the loop restarts…

Sylph
user posted image
Link: "Thanks... Looks like home!"

XdragonSB
user posted image
Wow, this place must have been used not to long ago...

ZC-Ninja
user posted image
I cant come up for a caption... its not the best I could wipe up, but hell, Ive been working all week on this boss.

another huge turnout! I guess complaining about how few submissions I was getting did the trick!

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Whoa.. Very nice shots! =O

FreeDom: I really like this shot. Reminds me of winter. Which is always good to me. =D

Linkus: Wow... I like how you used the sprites. Two tile tall, but not completely.

Rex: I don't nothing to say about it.. Nice animation?

Sylph: Could be less square-ish.

XB: I seen this shot alot already.. =p Umm its a good shot.

ZCN: Wow.. good job. But the boss looks so blurry. Did you re-size a sprite or something?

Linkus.. is who i vote for.

#3 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

Freedom- Good shot. Very realistic. Got my vote
Linkus Mastii- would have been my second vote. Also a nice shot
Rex Zemenheart- lacks alot of detail. But, it is a desert.
Sylph and XdragonSB are good shots, but there isn't anything special about them
ZC Ninja- Good shot, but it feels like its missing something.

#4 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

Lots of great stuff here today. I would have voted for Linkus, but I just can't ignore the quality in Freedom's shot. I voted for him.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

The only two possible things I could even come close to pointing out on Freedom's shot are the somewhat lackluster frames, and the lack of puddles or slush in the dirt. I mean, holy cow, Freedom. I haven't seen anything like that in ages. If only we had a Tales Of Symphonia Flanoir midi to go with it, coupled with This Snow.

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

Wow, not a bad shot in the bunch, going to be some stiff competition.

BH4,
Yep, I'm in the market for some good falling snow, with small flakes, if you know where there is any to be had.
That you posted looks like it would need a lot of re-editing work, with that white background and all.

#7 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Mar 12 2006, 03:14 PM)
with that white background and all.

View Post

Its a gif. Thats its transparent color. It has a black background.

#8 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

oh... well I grabbed it anyway, so I'll be taking a look at it.
I only have 2 screens in the snow area done so far.

#9 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

Freedom: WOW...that shot looks awesome. I can seriously say I see nothing wrong with it. But...if you can, see what you can do with Robin (Link) . He looks...kinda chubby. And make his hat more "Pointy" Anyway, you get my vote. You gotta love the house and the road and the mountain and everythng else!
Linkus Majestii:You would of gotten my vote, if not for Freedoms shot. But, anyways, love the sprites, and the houses look great!
Rex: I really like the big flag-things on the shot. It seems like it is lacking detail. Yet, that is what deserts are supposed to do. Try adding little mountains or something like that to the shot.
Sylph:I'm sorry to say, but...that shot looks almost unnatural. It is a little too square, and do something to the platform. Overall, it looks pretty good.
XdragonSB:Looking better...try using modefied floor tiles, like edit some of them to look cracked or something.
ZC-ninja:Cool. I wonder how you are gonna makie the custom boss...It looks good. Really good.

#10 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

... icon_eek.gif ... Hard for me to choose, but I'm going with ZC-Ninja, cus that boss looks wickedly insane... icon_heh.gif I guess I've got a thing for custom bosses...

Edited by xXVolvagiaXx, 12 March 2006 - 03:49 PM.

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

Ahh, Freedom's and Mastii's shots are great. But even though I'm alover of winter shots, an interesting looking custom boss fight always gets my vote over anything. icon_wink.gif

Great work you all.

#12 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

My shot I suppose is more a gameplay one than a actual SoTw shot, but I figured Id give it a shot ^_^.

Freedom- Mmm nice. I would vote for this, but I have a soft spot in me heart for nicely drawn custom tiles. I must give you 10 cookies though for all the coloring editing you have done on these tiles.

Linkus- Ah... just what youre shot needed, some good sprites. I can tell you right now, I plan on downloading this tileset and editing some of the tiles to fit into me quest. Good job!

Rex- Its just kinda... bland. Assuming you are using this for a endless dessert kinda thing, it works, but its not really SoTw kinda thing...

Slyph- Same as Rex although slightly better.

Dragon- I think Ive commented on this shot before... just refer to that.

#13 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

I voted for ZC-Ninja. Like Peteo, good looking custom bosses intrest me, good job. Second place, Freedom, good graphics and good scenery.

#14 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(DragonBoy @ Mar 12 2006, 01:20 PM)
ZCN: Wow.. good job. But the boss looks so blurry. Did you re-size a sprite or something?

View Post

It's a rip from Secret of Mana. You can view the full boss (though in a different pose) here. And yes, it was resized.

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

Some excellent shots for this week! They are very impressive indeed.

#6 - Rex Zemenheart: I like the idea of the sandstorm, but there should be more to it than what you have.

#5 - XdragonSB: You continue to get better with your screenshots, from what I have seen before. This is not bad for a more commonly occurring type of cave screen, but it doesn't compete with some of the other screenshots.

#4 - Sylph - I really like the concept. Of course I have seen a lot of screens that look a lot like this. It is good, but it is tough to compete with what is above.

#3 - Linkus Mastii - Now those are not your usual run of the mill looking buildings. I really like the style in them, and how they are placed near each other. It has a very "right at home" feel to it. My main criticism is that the trees along the edges of the screen are too well lined up, which is unnatural.

#2 - ZC-Ninja - You are always coming up with very unique ideas that make us want to stare. Your screenshots easily grab my attention most of the time, often because they are both stange and magnificent at the same time. My only criticism is that it feels very rectangular for something that should seem less so.

And #1 - Freedom - Simply amazing usage of snow and its effect on the whole environment of the screenshot! The trees and ledges blend in very well. In fact, everything in the screenshot blends in well with each other, except maybe the red door. It seems a bit too bright for a harsh environment, but your screen is still my vote choice despite that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users