Photo

Screenshot of the Week 114

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 114 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 114

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

I'm a bit late, but, it's still Sunday, and that's what counts

Anderson333
user posted image

Dark Lord Magus
user posted image
Typical Good vs Evil battle..

Linkus Mastii
user posted image
New Tileset? Maybe.

Mighty Darknut
user posted image

Sylph
user posted image
Watch out Link! Those Octoroks mean business!

XdragonSB
user posted image
What a lively place...

ZC-Ninja
user posted image
Most Pubbiest Pub there ever was!

if only I could get this many submissions EVERY WEEK *hint hint*

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

ZC-Ninja easily gets my vote this time. I just love the pub because it seems more real than any other pub screen I have seen, both in look and atmosphere. There are many tables scattered, lots of people, and a stage (although not necessary, it is a nice feature). I assume that the pub takes up more than one screen from the looks of it, so missing a few aspects is not bad either. Those windows really caught my eye as well.

#3 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

All of the others were above-average shots, but I'll have to go with ZC-Ninja here. That thread really helped you improve the area, but it was great even beforehand. Incredible attention to detail.

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

Anderson- Um... not bad, but nothing really stands out.

Dark Lord Magus- Would be better had you actually made a screen instead of just copying the final boss scene from Mystic Quest.
The health thing looks kinda wierd to.

Linkus- If I lose, I would prefer to lose to this one, as its the only one I actually really like... grahpics are wonderfully drawn. Nothing really bad about it other than the lack of sprites.

Mighty- The beach and water are to big of a off set for me to focus on anything else, although the rest is pretty good.

Slyph- Um... yet again, not bad, but nothing really stands out.

Dragon- GOD. Is it really that hard to take a snapshot from in the game??? At least you could cut off the sidebar or something!! Its a ok shot, but you should have put a bit more effort into it...

*Despite my effort, no one even bothred to reply to my request on how to get the fricken transperent layer to work... so here is what the shot actually should look like (The transperent layer keeps disappering ><)
user posted image
If anyone does know why the transperent layer wont work in Zquest could ya tell me?

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 05 March 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

ZC Ninja gets my vote.

Xdragon has a good one though. Better than last time. The Mountains don't match up correctly though and the it is a little square. Other that those details it is good. Weird that you have been using the Adventure tileset after you gave it a 3 star.

Sylph: It is okay. The design is more then most in there first trys. I think there is too many of the same trees though.

Mighty Darknut: A little too bright for me. It looks like Pokemon to me, is what you are going for.

Linkus Masti: I like the custom tiles. It looks really good. This would have been my second vote. Great job.

Dark Lord Magus: Looks like a cutscene. But not a bad looking one.

Anderson333: Great pallette. You are getting better and better Anderson.

Edit:
If anyone does know why the transperent layer wont work in Zquest could ya tell me?

Hey ZC Ninja, do you have the show trans layers checked in ZC?

Edited by Shoelace, 05 March 2006 - 11:40 PM.

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 5 2006, 08:39 PM)

View Post

I cant find that rule anywhere, unless you mean on the screen, which yes I do, hence why it showed up in the editor shot.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:57 PM

Yea, If I'd have seen it with the layer I'd have voted for it.
He said he had it checked, so that's why I never responded, it's anyone's guess what he's doing wrong to make it not work.
checked on the layer, or on the player?
IF you have it clicked to transparent, then maybe that's your problem, you're looking right through the stuff... who knows, if it's turned off on the player... well there you go, some people have had to check it others it was that way from the default.
I know Iriss had that problem.

#8 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

ZC-Ninja's shot of the pub is awesome, though the way Linkus Mastii's shot flows together perfectly is just too much for me to ignore. I vote for him.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

IF you have it clicked to transparent, then maybe that's your problem, you're looking right through the stuff... who knows, if it's turned off on the player... well there you go, some people have had to check it others it was that way from the default.

Yeah, that is what I meant. On the ZC PLAYER (Not ZQUEST), check to see if the show trans layers is off. You probably turned it off on accident.

Edited by Shoelace, 06 March 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#10 bastian

bastian

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:28 AM

Eek. More difficult to vote this week than I was expecting. (And here I thought I'd finally submit something. Ha!)

A lot of GREAT work from everyone, but I gotta give my vote to Likus. GREAT tiles.

#11 Dark Lord Magus

Dark Lord Magus

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Null Voted-

Anderson333- Nice shot, but it seems alittle bare..

Mine- Yes, it is actually right before a brief ( but comical) cutscene, unfortunately I had redone the lifebar after I submitted this shot (I changed alot of things around.. but my data is now corrupted and I no longer have access to my quest icon_frown.gif) this screen definately looks better animated-- you would swear you were playing through a better version of Mystic Quest ( which it was going to be..)

Linkus Mastii- Those are some very well drawn tiles.. if I would have voted mine would've gone here. Great shot overall.

Mighty Darknut- Ah, the brightest of all the Shots.. very colorful, and I notice another custom-tiled quest icon_razz.gif very nice.

Sylph- Hmm.. it seems abit too...green. Don't get me wrong, its a wonderful shot, but some overhanging trees or something would have made this shot look better.. and possibly some water.

XdragonSB- Another awesome shot, but the owl looks out of place balanceing in/on the hole of that house. Other than all I can say is very nicely put together.

ZC-Ninja- and finally, the most pubbiest pub there ever was! This definately would've gotten my vote, now im not so sure if id have voted for Linkus's or not.. the stage looks a ton of alot better centered icon_razz.gif but I notice your still useing Edward the bard! (lol) but the clock in the middle of the room behind the stage still looks alittle strange (I still say a giant window would have been better)

Everyone- Awesome job. Hopefully things will pick up and we can have a wonderful SoTW like this for several more weeks

#12 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 5 2006, 09:09 PM)
Yeah, that is what I meant.  On the ZC PLAYER (Not ZQUEST), check to see if the show trans layers is off.  You probably turned it off on accident.

View Post

THANK YOU... Why would there even be something that turns transperent layers off icon_blink.gif

#13 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:12 AM

Simple: to make the program run faster on slow computers.

Also, I voted for ZC-Ninja

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:02 AM

You know, I think this is the first week where I really, honestly have no idea who to vote for. icon_shrug.gif

I think I'll be going with Dark Lord Magus here. I just can't get over, ... well, ... everything in the shot. Dude, if you had more onscreen effects, such as twinkles, and that "Void"ish look, I'd be voting for the shot 20 times over. My specialty is theming, so, this definitely earns my respect, right next to ZC-N's shot. The only reason why I'm not voting for it is because I've seen it before, so the surprise factor is off. However, there's nothing else stopping me from voting for ZCN's shot, other than the fact that DLM's shot is so much closer to both a final boss and a cinematic, while still showing all all the graphics he used.

#15 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

Linkus Mastii or ZC-Ninja... hmm... both shots are awesome and both shots are very original (Ah, I love originality!).

Well, though Ninja's shot is full of details and it's perhaps the coolest SotW shot ever, I have to vote for Mastii as his shot is just sligthly more pleasent to my eye...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users