Photo

Screenshot of the Week 113

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 113 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 113

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

linkmystro100
user posted image
Ganon's gotten powerful.

Mighty Darknut
user posted image

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
This seems abit familiar now, doesn't it?

theryan
user posted image
Beware the ancient face of doom!

ZC-Ninja
user posted image

DragonAtma
user posted image

ZC-Ninja, if your screenshot had a caption, I apologize. I think I deleted your PM on accident when I cleared out my inbox last week. sorry

#2 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:03 PM

Write-in vote for my image.

user posted image

Oh, and if the picture vanishes, click http://img142.images...asotw0028kp.png

#3 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

Um... I dont think you can do that Atma.. I think you knda have to met the deadline.''

Hm... I cant even remeber what the caption was, but at least you still got the image some how.

LinkMyStro = Doesent Particularly stick out for me, but It is a very nice shot.

Mighty Darknut = It looks beautiful, but I cant stand the trees and the very edges of the mountains... thats about the only turn off I can say. Nice job.

Rex = Ok. Lttp set. Nothing really *pazzazy* here either.

Theyran = All the smashed pots look kind of akward, as do the 8 bombs on the ground. I do like the face though.

#4 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

Sure I can! Especially since mine has been rotting in Gashin's email box for at least sixteen days!

Oh, and mods, you'll have transfer my write-in into an official vote, as I null-voted when I passed my write-in vote.

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

DragonAtma, if you want your screenshot in SotW, PM me, and I'll put it up next time. do NOT do this sort of thing again, alright?

#6 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

I did. You ignored the PM. And if you ignore another, I'll petition WB to have you replaced as SotW manager.

#7 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

I have recieved no email, nor have I recieved a PM from you. what possible reason would I have to ignore you?

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Gashin)
ZC-Ninja, if your screenshot had a caption, I apologize. I think I deleted your PM on accident when I cleared out my inbox last week. sorry
Just a thought. icon_shrug.gif Accidents happen. When one person insists on one thing, and another insists on another, an accident is almost always the case.

Hey, everything is fine now though. Everyone's happy, and if they're not, then they're just overly *****y. XD

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

Great shots finally... xP I can't really decide who to vote for right now, but I really like DragonAtma's mountain. =o

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

My vote goes to Rex Zemenheart. I just can't help but love this look! He has done a lot with a little it seems. A close runner up for me is ZC-Ninja. I like the idea and the placement of things. The others shots are also good in their own ways.

Edited by NateA80, 26 February 2006 - 03:41 PM.

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:47 PM

linkmystro100
Well, it's a pretty nice shot overall. I especially like the layout of the screen because it has pots and multiple doors and raised ledges... It makes me think of Gohma in OoT with the grass around the room to restore health. icon_wink.gif

Mighty Darknut
I do like your custom graphics a lot, and I know you're devoted to making your quest using them only. The only dificulty I'm having with this shot is it seems very squarish. The building's roof comes to perfectly squared-off points, and the cliff's base corners also extend to a sharp corner. I know it shouldn't bug me that much, but it's the first impression the shot made on me. icon_shrug.gif

Rex Zemenheart
Well, it's great as a fresh perspective, but as a Shot of the Week candidate, I don't think it has enough graphic distinction. I applaud your efforts to revolutionize the first quest, though. icon_smile.gif

theryan
It looks like a great custom boss, however the room is very, very plain overall. You could have placed some occasional wall torches or altered the squarish shape of the room to make it less generic.

ZC-Ninja
I'm going to have to vote for this one. The colors are very... creative, but they fit the area perfectly, and the screen has an interesting layout. Well done! icon_biggrin.gif

DragonAtma
I like the "free-flowing" river and cliffside, but with a basic palette this screen does little more for me.

#12 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

linkmystro - It's a solid screen. The lightning looks a little thorny, though. I'll assume it looks better ingame. But, the screen itself just a wee bit too symmetrical for my tastes. Vary it up some. icon_smile.gif

Mighty Darknut - Hm. Well, there ya go. Very bright colors, and interesting graphics. The water stands out to me, and I want it. Gimme gimme. icon_lol.gif Those mountains irk me, though.

Rex - Well, it's the first quest with the lttp set. It's nice but, eh. icon_shrug.gif

theryan - Sir, that is the best nose I have ever seen. Seriously.. If you have this guy sneeze bombs, I'll fly to your house and highfive you. However... The things around the room are pretty weird.. wtf are they? Also, as it's been said, the room is too square. Add some variants. It seems like you're using PTUX so, spiff that room up.

Also, the boss's life meter is a little standoffish.. Maybe do it like I did in CoD and put it in a textbox. Also, try using my AnASc set for your lettering.

ZC-Ninja - Effing awesome screen. Great mix of minish cap graphics with the DoR set. Not 100% sure what that rabbit creature is but, it doesn't take away from the fact that this screen makes me want to play the quest that it's in. Plus, you used the Minish Cap flowers and plants. I love those damn things!

Your item boxes are.. really weird, though. icon_blink.gif

DragonAtma - The mountains and the water. Dude. Excellent tile edits. However, there doesn't seem to be much else to the screen, and the cave entry looks unrealistic. Considering how realistic you seem to be with the rest of the screen, you may want to reconsider putting the cave into a mountain.

#13 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

whoa

this has to be the best quality sotw ever here

this was a very tough choice

i think I'll go with zcninja since the area is quite creative icon_smile.gif

#14 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:36 PM

I'll have to say ZC-Ninja in this one. The mix of many game graphics (Custom FF6, MC, OoA, LTTP, etc) in here compliment each other.

Honorable Mention has to go to Mighty Darknut; good mountains (exept the corners) and water, but that building is....ugh...bright, to say the least, and the palm trees could use more vegetation and less trunk.

#15 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Feb 26 2006, 01:55 PM)

ZC-Ninja - Effing awesome screen.  Great mix of minish cap graphics with the DoR set.  Not 100% sure what that rabbit creature is but, it doesn't take away from the fact that this screen makes me want to play the quest that it's in.  Plus, you used the Minish Cap flowers and plants.  I love those damn things!

Your item boxes are.. really weird, though.  icon_blink.gif

View Post

Um... Yes... That is the result of me bieng lazy and making creating sprites where the subscreen tiles should go... Ill fix that by next SoTw. I proboly should have fixed that for this one to, but it slipped my mind icon_razz.gif

That rabbit creature is a self sprite I did of myself a while back for someone... I figured it would be easier to do a bunny suit version of myself, and also there was a picture avalible to base it on (check profile pick)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users