Photo

Screenshot of the Week 97

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 97 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 97

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:43 PM

First off, I would like to apologize to Anderson333. PrinceMSC did forward the submission to me, but by the time I checked the url, the image no longer existed. icon_shrug.gif

Now, on to the main event! icon_biggrin.gif

mighty_darknut:
user posted image

PolygonX8:
user posted image
You know the routine!

NoeL:
user posted image
Wow... wish I brought my camera...

khazmodius:
user posted image

Tobias Daboi:
user posted image

lord_jamitossi:
user posted image
A waterfall in town...

HylianLegend:
user posted image
Link prepares to enter the Citadel of Dragons.

----

I will be announcing where Screenshot of the Week 98 submissions will go shortly.

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:11 PM

Yay! I get to be the first person to comment on these beauties... And they really are something this week, too! Time to get back into the routine.

mighty_darknut: A nice simple shot, which has a great palette of very smooth colors. The only thing that I have a problem with in the shot is the odd placement of the bridge on the cliff. It's just... A really awkward place to put a bridge, you know? icon_blah.gif But a good shot, nonetheless. icon_thumbsup.gif

PolygonX8: One of the first things I noticed about this shot, actually, was that nice little timer in the top left of the screen. I'm sure the shot must have been taken in an exciting escape sequence. The red colors and the fireballs definitely add to that urgent atmosphere. Well done. icon_smile.gif

NoeL: As simple as it is, this is a gorgeous shot. The colors are perfect (save the sand), and I can really just feel the atmosphere in that scene. I also love the lighting effects (both the sun and candlelight alike). icon_wink.gif I'll actually have to vote for this shot's simplicity and elegance. icon_smile.gif

khazmodius: The most impressive thing about this shot is definitely the shadows. After all, how many quests actually feature scenery shadows? The cracks in the floor are a nice touch to this shot, but besides that and the shadows, there isn't a whole lot special happening. Perhaps if you had textured the inaccessible walls on the side of the screen, it would have made a more interesting shot.

Tobias Daboi: Hey, wait a second, haven't I seen this shot before? icon_wink.gif Your light ray tiles are well displayed in this picture, but overall, it seems a bit too chaotic. What I mean, is it seems there are just too many different tiles being used here, and in too high a concentration. I'm not a big fan of busy landscapes, but this is still a nice shot. (It seems we have some great ones this week!) icon_biggrin.gif

lord_jamitossi: The last time I saw these tiles, I commented about how the conical tree looked too different than the other tree you used, and it still seems to be that way in this shot. I really love the grass and dirt tiles, though, and I think they are actually the best part of this shot. icon_wink.gif

HylianLegend: This shot looks peculiarly different than most of the Pure shots I've seen, but I like that. You made some nice use of the greens in the palette, and you constructed a nice scene. There really isn't anything here that speaks out to me, but it would make a great screen in any quest. Well done.

Edited by nicklegends, 04 September 2005 - 11:14 PM.

#3 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:17 PM

It was a very hard decision...

I voted for PolygonX8.

NoeL was my second choice.

Good job everyone, as always icon_smile.gif.

#4 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:18 AM

i vote PolygonX8
>.> i like explosions

nice stuff by lord_jamitossi and NoeL also icon_smile.gif

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:26 AM

This is a very tough choice this week everyone. Some super looking shots to look through.

mighty_darknut: This is a very good screen. Is that a custom pallete? Reminds me of LTTP. Good work! icon_wink.gif

PolygonX8: Very cool shot PX8! ^_^ I quite enjoy this shot! BOOM! icon_razz.gif (Close second)

NoeL: Loving the screen NoeL! icon_biggrin.gif Great tilework and overall coolness. icon_biggrin.gif *votes*

khazmodius: Quite an interesting shot this week khazmodius. I like the style. Only being able to see the walls sides on the upper walls. That's good stuff.

Tobias Daboi: Very good setup Tobias. icon_biggrin.gif This is a very good screen. I like the choice of tiles to use. Especially using the Minish Cap ledges.

lord_jamitossi: Very nice work lord_jamitossi. Great custom tiles, and everything. Pure goodness here. ^_^ (Up there with X8's)

HylianLegend: Love this shot HylianLegend! ^_^ Nice dungeon entrance. icon_biggrin.gif Good use of tiles and everything. What mountain tiles are you using? (This one is right up there too.)

Great work you guys! icon_biggrin.gif I do enjoy seeing this awesome work. icon_wink.gif

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:35 AM

mighty_darknut: huh... Wow, the map thing looks awful, but you can recolor it and the link.... make it more detailed so it can be new! nice idea for the medalian!

PolygonX8: I seen that.... somewhere.... dunno, your my second choice.

khazmodius: WTF? Dang, this doesn't really.... look good.... a 2/5. Well.... I like the fact you made it a MMZero quest, so I will make it a 3-/5

Tobias: Ok, I seen that already! Third choice.

Lord_josi...(cant spell, sry): dude, that.... is ok. but... the graphics can be inmproved... try scanning LN tileset and chcek out the tiles. It can help you with the tiels you have over in that screeenie.

Hylian_Legend: O_o! I cant breathe.... soo good.... but... not my choice!!! (Nice screen by using the new PTUX)

NoeL: THIS SCREENSHOT PWNES ALL OF THE REST! I MEAN, LOOK AT THE SHADING, THE GRAPHICS, THE TILES, THE SCALING, THE THING! OMG! WTF!!! THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST SCREENSHOT SOO FAR IN THIS YEAR!

Edited by XdragonSB, 05 September 2005 - 01:36 AM.

#7 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:38 AM

I'm going to have to go with Exate. the rest were good, especially NoeL's, but Exate's looks the most detailed. I would have gone with NoeL's if the room were a bit bigger, and there were more objects

#8 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:56 AM

mighty_darknut: It's a pretty good setup, but some tiles look off. I'm fairly positive that there were sides to horizontal bridge tiles, for example. Also, the 1 combo stretch down at the bottom, that's just something I don't like. icon_sweat.gif
PolygonX8: Excellent colors, excellent setup, excellent detail. Great job here, X8, and you stole the show for me. icon_wink.gif
NoeL: Easily number 2 in this room, but besides the middle, the room doesn't have too much detail, and the dirt doesn't look quite right. :\
khazmodius: The main thing holding this pic back is that it's repetitive. The columns have little variety and they cover up everything. icon_shrug.gif
Tobias Daboi: Great setup and use of the tiles. Nice job here. #3. icon_wink.gif
lord_jamitossi: The bottom is excellent, but the top right and left corners are a bit bare. icon_neutral.gif
HylianLegend: Great job here. The entrance is good, you did a good job using the tiles and everything. Nice job. icon_biggrin.gif

I voted for X8's. icon_wink.gif

#9 Reft

Reft

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:58 AM

mighty darknut: nice pallete, its dark worldish in some way.

polygonx8: nice tiles the fire balls look real, just like always good work icon_wink.gif

Noel: the sunlight almost looks real and looks like the forest temple, very good icon_biggrin.gif

Tobias: this sunlight also looks real you are a great zqeust artist, but i don't like tiles around it icon_frown.gif , never mind good work icon_lol.gif

lord jamitossi: the waterfall and the trees really look cool and real. Also good work icon_cool.gif

Hylian legend: Nice working with tiles it has something extra that you don't see in every screen. Another good work icon_slycool.gif

khazmodius: i almost forgot you. It doesn't really look a tower for a zelda game, but the shadows was a cool idea icon_thumbsup.gif

after long looking to the pictures i voted for: Noel,

Edited by Reft, 05 September 2005 - 09:04 AM.

#10 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:16 AM

I'm gonna go with NoeL's screenshot this week. The detail in this screenshot is amazing.

comix

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:28 AM

PX8, your shot is like... woah! icon_wink.gif

No competition this week. Poly gets my vote. I love the tiles, sprites, the action, everything.

Tobias Daboi has a pretty screen as well.

Edited by Petoe, 05 September 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:56 PM

Do I really suck that bad? icon_razz.gif

If I wasn't in the competetion, I would have been torn between Polygon's and NoeL's...

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(Tobias Daboi @ Sep 5 2005, 12:56 PM)
Do I really suck that bad? icon_razz.gif

Nooooo. icon_razz.gif Your shot is set up great. icon_biggrin.gif

#14 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

It's Exate, Petoe. icon_razz.gif

I had to vote for PolygonX8 this week... But I'm in school and I'm nearly out of time, so I can't go into depth. icon_neutral.gif

#15 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:06 AM

I'm going with khazmodius, because I've seen all those other tiles before. =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users