Photo

Screenshot of the Week 93

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

Jonathan
user posted image
behold my exsessive use of non-nessisary shading

Mr. Z
user posted image
Estys: I guess they really meant "ancient" with "Ancient Temple of the Sun"

PolygonX8
user posted image
Behold the custom walls... and boss!

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:00 PM

Jonathan: Wow. Just ... Wow. I'm Floored, really. What music are you using for this area? icon_smile.gif I Love the Gems in the upper right area of the screen. They're just so cool! ^_^

Mr. Z: I have to tell you, I'm a huge sucker for vine-covered temples. icon_wink.gif This looks to be a good one. Add more beams of light, perhaps, (Even one shining through the ceiling!) and it'll look just so cool.

PolygonX8: Can you add more detail to the room? Torches? A Door? ... Yes, Why ARE there no doors in this room? icon_odd.gif

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:36 PM

I love those tiles in Jonathan's shot. I guess I'm going to have to wait untill he's done submitting before I enter again

#4 Phosphorescent Image

Phosphorescent Image

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

I Love the Gems in the upper right area of the screen. They're just so cool!

I think thats a house =p.

Jonathan - I like the tiles, but the light is kinda strange. Might make sense if I saw the screens to the north and west of the screen, and in general the screen is pretty plain and empty.

Mr. Z - I love the temple. You've taken some old tiles that are harldy used well and made them into something spectacular. Awsome job!

PolygonX8 - While im sure this boss is fun to fight, the screen itself is pretty boring. You say those walls are custom? I can barley tell. It uses almost the same tiles as one of the standard walls. With a few edits it looks like.

#5 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:58 PM

Jonathan-Very nice tileset you've got going on there. The purple house is interesting as well. Although, the pathway leading up to the house looks a bit different than the rest of the scenery.

Mr. Z- I like the atmosphere you have going on in the forest. The light filtering through is a nice touch. A good screen for leading the player into the temple.

PolygonX8- Nice custom boss and Link sprites you have. But what other people have said before, I'm going to reiterate: Add more scenery! It just doesn't look complete. And this may seem a bit overcritical, but the off-center door bugs me a bit.

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

I Love the Gems in the upper right area of the screen. They're just so cool!

I think thats a house =p.

yes thats a house
I love those tiles in Jonathan's shot. I guess I'm going to have to wait untill he's done submitting before I enter again

@.@ darnit i want to see more of your shots gashin

me - >.> i like BIG things,so sue me
Mr.Z - I like the character sprite,thats about it
PolygonX8 - the room itself is plain,the boss(s) are kinda nice

#7 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:26 PM

Wow...only 3 screenies this week...my vote goes to Mr.Z.

#8 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:35 PM

Mr.Z gets it this time:

Jonathan : I guess I just don't like these tiles. They're too shiny for my liking.

Mr.Z : Not my favourite shot ever, but against the two others, this wins. I like the light beams.

X8 : Those walls look like plastic. They need more scratch marks or something. And more stuff. This room looks pretty basic.

#9 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:59 PM

I would have voted for Jonathan except for the shadows... didn't care for their straightness, and it made it especially hard to figure out just what the heck those purple things were. (yes, I do see they are house rooves now)

As for Polygon's, a bit more detail on the walls (put torches perhaps?) and possibly the floor is needed.

I went with Mr. Z.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

Jonathan: Again, a very nice shot, but the very strange lighting, like you said yourself, was not necessary, and I feel it detracted a bit from the shot as a whole. If we can't tell that those "gems" in the top right corner are a rooftop, then nor will the person playing your game. icon_shrug.gif Other than that, the colors look great to me.

Mr. Z: The lighting effect you use (coming through the trees) is nice, but that's all, In my opinion. It seems a bit too unnatural... Exactly why, I can't say. The temple looks great, though--just as something that begs to be explored should look. The screen looks pretty clean, too, in comparison with the others.

PolygonX8: Yeah, there's really not a whole lot going on here. One of the factors that contributes to that is the perfectly symmetrical shape of the room, save the aforementioned off-center door. I don't know what to say... It just doesn't look that exciting to me. icon_neutral.gif

My vote goes to Mr. Z today, although his and Jonathan's were close. icon_wink.gif

Edited by nicklegends, 04 July 2005 - 08:26 PM.

#11 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Wow johnathan! I'm completely blown away. That is A-M-A-zing!

You win my vote by FAR!

Comix

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:46 AM

What the hell... where'd my reply go?

I sent in this shot weeks ago; I forgot it even existed.

That room is the item room of the Forest Temple. Litless interferes with Link's movement into the room, and creates that illusion room.

I recall mainly sending in this shot to show off the walls and the door overhead. icon_shrug.gif Anyways, I don't count myself as entering because that shot sucks. I voted for Z.

QUOTE(Phosphorescent_Image)
PolygonX8 - While im sure this boss is fun to fight, the screen itself is pretty boring. You say those walls are custom? I can barley tell. It uses almost the same tiles as one of the standard walls. With a few edits it looks like.

Those walls are fully custom. I only used the cieling dots as the same thing. The only thing not custom is the face-shutter (I use the same Newfirst ones). The part above the door, and every single wall tile is pure custom.

Sorry to sound nasty (and no offense), but it really pisses me off when people say my pure custom work is an edit, or looks like it. I don't lie when it comes to graphics; I've no reason to, and I'm very honest of it.

#13 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:53 AM

Jonathan - As usual, you have excellent graphics, but the color of one of the aspects of the shot screws it up. Next time, remember to get rid of those crazy colors (here, it's those white and purple walls)

Mr. Z - Light beams + ruins = WIN

PolygonX8 - It'd be cool if the boss had a different type of life meter than the player's. Besides that, cool.

#14 Phosphorescent Image

Phosphorescent Image

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Phosphorescent_Image)

Those walls are fully custom. I only used the cieling dots as the same thing. The only thing not custom is the face-shutter (I use the same Newfirst ones). The part above the door, and every single wall tile is pure custom.

Sorry to sound nasty (and no offense), but it really pisses me off when people say my pure custom work is an edit, or looks like it. I don't lie when it comes to graphics; I've no reason to, and I'm very honest of it.

No offense taken, nor did I mean to direct any towards you. On further inspection, the walls are custom, However they are quite similar to one of the standard lttp walls. Also, the corners look a little funny as your brick lines should match the diagonal rather than the vertical. Otherwise the walls are pretty neat, I like some of the differences of yours than the lttp walls.

#15 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

Jonathan: Love those graphics! The shadows are really nice, but a bit to straight.

Mr. Z: Wow... just... wow. This has to be your best pic for SOTW in my memory. The detail, the light shining through. It's... awesome! Easily gets my vote! icon_thumbsup.gif

PolygonX8: The shot is a bit empty, but your description makes it sound pretty cool. icon_smile.gif Personally, I don't notice that much of a similatrity of the walls to LTTP. The bricks are much bigger at the bottom than with LTTP. And... with the shading it look a lot like the BS. It's really a good mix with the two. icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users