Photo

Screenshot of the Week 92

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

lord_jamitossi
user posted image

mudvayne
user posted image
A place in dead!

Phosphorescent_Image
user posted image

Tobias Daboi
user posted image
Testing AlttP for AoD.

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:03 PM

I voted for lord_jamitossi. I love those graphics. though, there could be more trees around the edges of the screen, and the sprites don't fit very well. it's still a nice screen

mudvayne and Phosphorescent_Image's shots were good, but a few things in mudvayne's (the walls, the red thingys, and no depth to the boards) and Phosphorescent's (general screen set up. could use a bit of shading on the rocks as they go down) put me off. I do love the temple in Phosphorescent's shot though. very, very well done

Tobais' shot is too snowy for me. you can hardly see the screen!

#3 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:13 PM

lord_jamitossi: There's fairly good detail, but it's all in the center, the sides are really empty. Though, the middle looks wonderful. icon_thumbsup.gif
mudvayne: Very nice. Good detail, and it just looks interesting. icon_wink.gif
Phosphorescent_Image: I like the area around the house, and I like the background, but those endless mountains are just... bleh.
Tobias Daboi: Nice, but the snow really makes it hard to see. icon_neutral.gif

It was hard to decide who to vote for (I really wanted to vote for the pic in Gashin's signature! icon_blah.gif), but I have to choose mudvayne. icon_wink.gif

#4 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

lord_jamitossi gets my vote
icon_razz.gif i like big trees so naturally im impressed
the roundish trees look kinda funny though

mudvayne
also very nice detail,its a boat isnt it?

Phosphorescent_Image
i like the mountains and the shot is good
i just dont like teh overused tiles

Tobias Daboi
sorry i cant make out anything in that blizzard

#5 Phosphorescent Image

Phosphorescent Image

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

Null vote -

Lord Jamitossi - I like the tiles you use and the pallete, but the screen looks too bland and empty. And I think some of the trees (not the pine trees) looks flat.

Mudvayne - A good shot in that all the right stuff is where it should be, however the blood looks funny, it doesnt look 3D enough, (especially the line of it dripping.) And generally the water looks like its electricity. I really like the layout though.

Phos - I did this in about a half hour while taking a break from some tile editing and organizing. The temple is actually made up of 4 diffenet builings that I meshed together to give it a litttle more depth than just the 4x4 temple from the small lttp set.

Tobias Daboi - I love your snow pallete, the blue you used for the walls and ice looks quite nice, however the screen is almost completly obscured in snow, making it hard to make out alot of the screen. Im sure this would have been a great shot in game, or animated but with the static snow as it is, its hard to see through it.

Edited by Phosphorescent_Image, 19 June 2005 - 08:57 PM.

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:39 PM

Phosphorescent_Image gets my vote. I like the ontopofmountaininess. Background is very good. I like the setting too. Looks mysterious. Very good work on all of them this week. Very cool.

#7 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

jonathan: yes! its a boat... but its called ghostship. icon_wink.gif its the interior of my 7th dungeon. i work a long time on this! thanks, for your interesting! icon_biggrin.gif
i work on a tileset, of my quest! than you can use my ship tiles, for your own dungeon! icon_wink.gif but i have a lot work on it!
i wish you all a nice day! (for me evening) icon_wink.gif and thanks for your vote! its my first sotw! icon_biggrin.gif

#8 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:33 PM

*Null votes because of entry*

Nice shots this week, if I can say that without looking snobby.

lord_jamitossi : I made this as a sort of testing shot, it's not actually a part of anything yet. I need a good way to start a quest that isn't "I found you unconcious in the field yesteday. Are you allright?". If it was actually a part of a bigger forest thing it would probably have more stuff around the sides. I'm yet to make any good river tiles, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for that. So let's say that this is a "work in progress".

mudvayne : 1337. Totally cool. I don't like the bloodyness, though. It just doesn't meet what I look for in a quest. Also, what are the shadow things? From what I can see in your shot, it looks like you're inside. If not, it makes sense, but there's walls around the screen, so...

P_I : Nice shot. I like the starry sky, and the vines around the building. I don't like the cliff tiles you've chosen though. The mountain would be more real looking if you made some more smaller platforms further down that aren't really accessable, but they'd take away the symmetry and make it a little more mountainous.

Tobias : White. Very white. If this is a real blizzard shot, then it's good, but if those are your standard snow tiles, then you should probably take it down a notch. There isn't much else to see in this shot though.

On a side note, why "Don't eat cat food?"

#9 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

Lord: Nice shot, but it felt a little unsual placing of the old man, and I could barely make out the hero.

Mudvayne: Nice shot. It's true it's a little less open-ended as the other shots, but I didn't notice it until after it was mentioned. This shot jusmped at me.

P_I: It's a good shot, but the mountain felt too tall without any support. | | feels much less realistic than / \ for a mountain.

Tobias Daboi: Gah! I can't see anything! For that shot, it really neded animation. icon_eek.gif

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:03 PM

lord_jamitossi: A nice shot! I especially like the dirt tiles you used for that path. However, I don't really like the circular trees you used that much. They just look a bit too circular and shiny for my liking, and don't mix with your other trees well. But again, it is a nice shot. icon_thumbsup.gif

mudvayne: My first reaction to the shot is that it is far too busy. icon_confused.gif It seems like you threw a whole bunch of combos together without much reason, and as a result there are only about 10 uncovered floor tiles in the entire picture. Now, some people like busy shots like this, so don't take my opinion too seriously. icon_cool.gif

Phosphorescent_Image: My vote goes to you this week. This picture really has a defined mood to it. The colors back that up, and it makes for a truly impressive picture. All the tiles seem to be in the right places; the screen's not too symetrical, and not too asymetrical, and the stars are a great touch.The dirt tiles behind the church look great in this shot as well, but I don't know if they're custom or not. Either way, I think this is the best shot of the four. icon_smile.gif Good work!

Tobias Daboi: Snow blindness! icon_heh.gif Well, it certainly qualifies as a great life-threatening blizzard situation, if that's what you wanted, but the snow really hides too much of what the screen has to offer. From what I can see, there aren't many custom tiles. A good shot, but not enough to win. :\

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Jun 19 2005, 01:48 PM)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

L_J: I love every individual thing here. The graphics are very, very good. No Complaints about them. Much effort has obviously been put into them. I probably would have voted for it, had I seen more of this here. It's just trees, a sliver of plot, and a lot of empty space. Dude, put more on your screens. icon_razz.gif Make it so that ANYWHERE the eye happens to wander, it sees something nice.

mudvayne: Now HERE, there's a lot to look at. I was so close to voting for this shot, by an overwhelming margin. There's so much happening that it's hard to single out something to flatter to the ground. icon_razz.gif

Phosphorescent_image: ... There's ... something about this shot that just shook me. I took one look at the structure you have ominously splayed out in front of the player, eager to explore, .. and shivered. ... ... Nice. icon_wink.gif That's really not easy to do at all.

Tobias: I actually really like this shot. It gives more than enough of a mood to convey the intentions of the area. Mood is obviously very important, so I will rate this one quite high. icon_wink.gif Believe it or not, I would add even MORE snow to make it better. ... No, I mean on the ground and rocks and such.

#12 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

Phosphorescent_image gets my vote. The temple just jumps out at you and growls icon_razz.gif The other's were nice, but to me Phosphorescent_image's just took me away by far.

icon_biggrin.gif

Comix

#13 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

lord_jamitossi: Looks nice, but not enough detail around the edge of the screen.

mudvayne: I like how busy this shot is, but it wasn't quite enough to get my vote.

Phosphorescent_Image: I really like this shot's simple, yet very good layout...and I also love the temple. This one gets my vote. icon_thumbsup.gif

Tobias Daboi: It's already been said...the snow flakes are to big and hide to much of the screen.

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

mudvayne gets my vote. Excellent wrecked looking ship. Has killed people, clouds, wrecked pieces, water, great colors, that shot is damn excellent. icon_thumbsup.gif

Oh, and Prince... I sent in a shot for this week (I sent it after SotW 91 got put up... like a day after), but I guess you didn't get it. icon_blink.gif

#15 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

Mudvayne has my vote, too. I like the abondoned, wrecked ship. The blood and fog gives it a bit of an eerie look icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users