Photo

Pokemon Sun and Moon

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#421 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

Glorious.

#422 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:38 AM

Ugh, the PokeBank server is terrible I get disconnected like 8/10 times. It's no fun to organize a significant amount of boxes/pokemon only to lose all that data because of a disconnect. You'd think at the least you could save the changes to your system, so they could try to resend the data if it fails the first time  :badrazz:

#423 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

It's times like that I don't feel bad having a local homebrew Pokebank on my SD card.

• Cukeman likes this

#424 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

So does anyone know of any alternative ways of getting a fast ball? I used the one I found on that one mountain, and apparently that is the only one found within the game. I've tried looking online and it appears I'm out of luck, but I thought I'd ask here just in case. I was hoping to catch a nice Pichu with it for breeding - and I did, except it's a male so I guess the ball won't carry over.

Anyone had any luck with the festival plaza ball shops?

#425 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

So does anyone know of any alternative ways of getting a fast ball? I used the one I found on that one mountain, and apparently that is the only one found within the game. I've tried looking online and it appears I'm out of luck, but I thought I'd ask here just in case. I was hoping to catch a nice Pichu with it for breeding - and I did, except it's a male so I guess the ball won't carry over.

Anyone had any luck with the festival plaza ball shops?

Via Serebii:

"As of Pokémon Sun & Moon, male Pokémon and genderless Pokémon can now pass their Poké Ball when they are breeding with a Ditto and there's a 50% chance of the baby inheriting either parent's ball when both parents are of the same species. All Balls except Cherish Balls and Master Balls will pass down."

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#426 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

So, I've reached the final island and while I'm not sure how much of the game I've got left at this point, I'm guessing that I am closing in on the final parts. I've really enjoyed Moon, too. I've played for about 40 hours at this point, which is longer than I usually spend before reaching Elite 4 i these games, where most of my real playtime comes after. I'm sure it will this time as well, I've got a lot of Pokemon left to catch (I've only got about 100 so far), however at the same time I feel like I've got my moneys worth twice over due to how often I've found myself spending a few hours in a single area looking for a specific Pokemon, or booting up the game once a day to do that job at the beach that gets me 20.000 in the bank for picking up 6 pokemon. Despite the changes they have made, the game still follows a very familliar formula and I wish they would be even a little more bold when it comes to taking the series in new directions, because Sun and Moon are at their best when the games feels fresh.

My biggest problem with the game is also my biggest plus, which is a little contradictory, but I can't shake it: the world itself. I love the way the game presents the world, specifically the way the camera moves with the player and the way you can see areas you either have visited or will visit in the future - in the backgrounds of several scenes. Not only that, but each island seems like it is a fully 3D world despite being split up into smaller parts. I don't know if this is actually correct, but the way they have done it does give the world a somewhat more 'lived in' feel, or at least it gives me the impression that it is a real place that could exist... which brings us to the part of it I don't like: it is still too damn linear. I'm not talking about game progression, just the world design in and of itself. A little too often I feel like I'm walking down a path, rather than walking down a path. And I mean, that is what I'm doing, there is usually just one path, but some areas in the game are designed in a way that makes them work a little more as miniature open worlds, where as other areas are literally just a straight path of grass with trees or bushes, houses or fences covering each side, funneling you towards your eventual goal.

This isn't new to the series, but I find it odd that Gamefreak has seemingly found themselves stuck between two very different world design philosophies, and at times I feel like this hurts the game. Overall I'm pretty surprised at how much I've liked this game though. I enjoyed X and Y but they didn't really keep my interest for too long. ORAS I enjoyed a lot, though I suspect that has more to do with nostalgia than anything else, as I've always loved their remakes. This however feels mostly like a true new Pokemon game and that is a feeling we don't get too often from this series, in my opinion.

Via Serebii:

"As of Pokémon Sun & Moon, male Pokémon and genderless Pokémon can now pass their Poké Ball when they are breeding with a Ditto and there's a 50% chance of the baby inheriting either parent's ball when both parents are of the same species. All Balls except Cherish Balls and Master Balls will pass down."

That's great! That makes it a bit easier to come to grips with the way I used my single fast ball, and I can finally have the army of Pikachus with lightning on their pokeballs! Thanks!

#427 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:54 AM

You can pass down a Hidden Ability from a Kanto form to an Alolan form, cool! (i don't think it works the other way around though?)

Edited by Cukeman, 10 February 2017 - 05:21 AM.

#428 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

I've finally finished Island Scan. Good riddance. Now as for what's left... actually I think I'm out of things to do. Try Battle Tree I guess.

#429 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

Out of things to do? I've been working on getting the Hidden Abilities (K.O. 30 species in a S.O.S. chain then it won't be long until you spot one with a Hidden Ability to capture [skill swap is helpful]) That's gonna take me a long time. Sometimes you get lucky and get the Hidden Ability on GTS but less than half the time. Hidden Abilities are great because then you can breed any ability.

I've done a little online multiplayer, it feels more engaging & interesting than battle tree to face another human I think.

Also there's filling the Nat'l Pokedex in Pokemon Bank if you're into that. I only have access to Red and Moon, but I've traded my way up to 550-something so far

EDIT:

If you care about Natures and Breeding then it's great to collect every Nature of Ditto (foreign is best 'cause you might breed a shiny) and every Nature of Synchronize Abra (for finding the Natures you want in the wild or in legendary encounters)

Also there's collecting TMs, Berries and Z-Crystals

Edited by Cukeman, 10 February 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#430 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

After finishing some trade evolutions last night, I've finally completed my Pokédex! I would have done so ages ago if my friends had been willing to trade sooner. Haha.

Been chaining Rockruff's for a shiny now that I have the charm but no dice. I think my chain's probably reset by now.  :augh: The real pain about shiny hunting is that you never know if it's going to be the next one so you just. Can't. STOP.

#431 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Don't think the shiny charm is going to make things any easier. It technically helps I guess, but not noticably so. I've only seen one shiny since I got the charm and that was Masuda method.

#432 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

Online Link Trades are the most awkward thing ever, trying to communicate through a selection of pre-written phrases. Trying to figure out what the other person wants or doesn't is freaking impossible. I miss when Diamond and Pearl let you just use the mic.

#433 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

God forbid they allow a "pictochat" in for that game.  Pedophiles might talk to children that way while driving.

#434 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

I mean at least it'd be helpful if the messages appeared in sequential posts. It's hard to tell if they still relate to the present moment or the other person forgot to update their message.

#435 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

WTF is the logic behind this:

"You were disconnected from the server last time. Now you have to wait for an extended period before you try again"

WHY punish people because your service isn't better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users