The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#556 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

So I just called GameStop again, and got a completely different answer. The guy was kind of a dick, honestly, but to his credit, he's probably been answering these same questions for weeks by now. They said, that whoever told me you could get the game only before midnight was wrong, and you have to wait till 12:01. I.. kind of figured as much, but damn. He also simply wouldn't tell me how many Switches they were getting. That's why he was kind of a dick, cause he said he knew, but he wouldn't (not couldn't) tell me. My logic was, say, if they only have 20 or so after pre-orders, and there are more than ~20 people in line, then I'm S.O.L, but if there were less I would try to get one. Either way, as of the time of writing this, BOING! there are only just under 36 hours left!

And about my previous post (which can be removed if a mod so chooses) I was trying to post a simple image of the "Dawn of the First Day" screen from MM, but it just wouldn't work from my phone. It kept formatting it as a url, and not an img, no matter how many different ones I tried, so I just removed it.

• Matthew likes this

#557 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

Just watched Projared's video about his extended thoughts on the system and yup, gonna wait a while before i buy it. Too much stuff missing at launch and some other issues.

Edited by Norzan, 01 March 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#558 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

Has anyone else been awkwardly holding their Wii U (all 3 of us) gamepad sideways with the screen below your hands so you're holding it by the face buttons and tried imagining what a joycon will feel like in your hands?

... Cause I have.
  • Jared likes this

#559 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

Heh. I didn't do that but I did hold the gamepad and try to imagine how big the Switch would be in my hands (and more importantly, whether it could fit in my pocket).

Also: I saw ProJared's review too. Those flaws he mentioned (especially the connectivity problem) sound like a huge bummer, but at this point I'm so overly hyped up I don't think I could not run out and grab one on launch day. Hope that day-1 update fixes the connection issue...

Edited by MoscowModder, 01 March 2017 - 08:15 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#560 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

The Best Buy by me (a five minute next door to my apartment) will have 20 consoles for first come first serve. Luckily I can see it from my balcony to see when people start lining up and get there rather quickly. He said they will hand out tickets so that is my last chance to get one Friday. I got to get up at 2:45 so if I'm there at midnight I won't get any sleep, but frankly I think it's worth it.
  • Jared likes this

#561 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Sorry for the double post but this is a relevant update.

So I get home around 7:00 and glance over at Best Buy to see a long line of at least 50 people, considering the guy told me yesterday they would only have 20 available for walk ins obviously I'm not going to wait five hours in line for no reason when I got to get up at 2:45am to get ready for work.

I figured I would walk over there around nine to none to a few people and only have a three hour wait and a guarantee to get one. I already have Zelda for the Switch preordered at GameStop so of course I'm just going to pick it up after work tomorrow as I won't be able to play it anytime soon anyway. It is very disappointing Nintendo produced such a small amount for launch considering the NES classic which I was wanting as well came out months ago and I still haven't seen one anywhere.

The only chance I have of getting one now is from Target online now. They are supposed to put them up online sometime tomorrow and if I'm very lucky I'll be able to snag one there, but I'm sure thousand of people will be hitting the refresh button waiting.

#562 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

I went ahead and preordered Zelda for the Switch, I'm going to get a Switch a bit later. I live next door to Gamestop so I went ahead and saved the gas and walked. They still had preorders available and he said so far they have four extra that are first come first served. He also told me that they temporarily stopped production of the Wii U and NES Classic to keep up with demand so they should have more in stock shortly.

I heard on Pat the NES Punk that Nintendo has stopped manufacturing Wii U's permanently. Of course your shop could still get more in stock if Nintendo hasn't shipped all the ones they've made yet.

#563 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

This 1-2-Switch review is savage.

• Avaro likes this

#564 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

C6AisQ8XMAY5aG0.jpg

Huzzah!

• Cukeman and Joki like this

#565 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

According to the website the Best Buy by my apartment still has them. But I'm at work an hour away and won't be home for over 7 hours.

#566 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Because why not.

• Cukeman and Joki like this

#567 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

I wish I could play BotW ._. It sounds so good. I have a small chance of winning a Switch so ._. Fingers crossed and heart hoping :|

-Strike
  • Naru likes this

#568 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

For a heads up Toys R Us stores are supposed to have a supply tomorrow. I called my local one and she confirmed they will have 30 and will treat it like launch day so they must be expecting a big turnout. So on my one day off this week I plan on getting up at the time I normally do for work (2:45am) and leaving around 3:30 so I should make it by 4 and have six hours until they open at 10am.

Hopefully the heavy rain works to my advantage and keeps a few people away. I'm charging my MacBook, iPad, and 3DS ahead of time. I plan on waiting in my truck until I see someone showing up and head to the door to wait. Hopefully I'll be first in line.

Hopefully between getting there six hours early and the bad weather gives me a shot. I'm also hoping there is not a big turnout since it's not advertised in the sales papers like on launch day. I'm desperate enough to play Zelda to wait for six hours and lose sleep on my day off.

Edited by Daniel, 04 March 2017 - 08:13 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#569 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

Tbh, since I have Zelda, I'll probably wait a few months before getting a Switch.
  • Daniel likes this

#570 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

Tbh, since I have Zelda, I'll probably wait a few months before getting a Switch.

I thought about it but I'm very impatient.

So it's 3:46am and I'm currently at Toys R Us waiting in my truck. There is no line at all and only one vehicle here that I'm not sure if anyone is even in it. So I'll be first in line for sure incase there is some sort of strange emergency. I got a fully charged MacBook, iPad, 3DS, and my phone charger to keep my phone (also personal hotspot) alive. I got a bottle of water to take baby sips with hoping i don't have to pee, but I have an empty Monster can (with the big screw on lids) I saved just in case. It's raining out but if/when people start showing up I keep a raincoat under my back seat, there is no kind of cover at the entrance here.

So yeah I'll have one today but got a long six hours to pass the time playing games and browsing online.

Update: It is now 5:47am and there are now four other people, nobody has left their vehicle yet and I'm hoping that doesn't change any time soon. After they start of course I will as well.But they will have 30 consoles so I'm not worried.

Update 2 Got it.

Edited by Daniel, 05 March 2017 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users