• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#256 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

Heading to Gannon's palace now. I have all the heart containers and magic, but I seem to be missing one more b button item, one more piece of equipment, and from what I hear the red heart ring. Does anyone remember where that was? I remember seeing it in a shop somewhere but couldn't afford it at the time, resulting in me forgetting the location. : (

Spoiler

#257 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Spoiler

A screenshot of my inventory for reference
https://uploadpie.com/4gzgt6

Edited by KenMeister, 03 February 2017 - 11:35 PM.

#258 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

A screenshot of my inventory for reference
https://uploadpie.com/4gzgt6

You're missing:

Spoiler

#259 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

Edit: Never mind, solved.

Edited by KenMeister, 04 February 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#260 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

The woman who tells you what you can get from Calatia never lets you in her house, if I"m remembering correctly.

That's correct. I kind of wanted to have something there but couldn't think of anything and then forgot about it until now... sorry! I found myself not knowing what to do with some of the Zelda II spell house locations. The one in Darunia doesn't let you in either, though at least it's part of the trading sequence. The one in Nabooru witht he water is also a little tacked on and odd... I was pretty much throwing in whatever I could think of that didn't mess up my other plans.

How to get to the Island Palace ?

As Dimentio said; the King's Tomb is a location near the town of Mido (the town on the eastern coast of the western continent with a dock right next to it), an isolated grave. You want to walk straight south of that. Go east in the cave you find.
If you have trouble getting through the cave, you may also need to..

Spoiler

You also need to have opened the shrine, which is located...
Spoiler

So I'm in the area that opens the 5th palace up, only problem is that my level 2 beetle isn't working on the Switch. Glitch perhaps?

It didn't occur to me to try that. The trigger is actually...
Spoiler

I wish I'd thought of a way to make those visually distinct from other triggers. Some kinda basketball hoop or something, maybe?

Some details about the items Dimentio said you've missed:

Spoiler

Thanks for playing! Sounds like you're making really quick time. Good luck with this last dungeon! : )

Edited by Mitsukara, 04 February 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#261 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

So I've finished the quest, and it's definitely looking within the realm of either an 8.5 or 9.0 on my list (as far as ZC quests compare). I'll type up my review later, but if I had to make suggestions, I'd probably polish the Spinner to where holding B automatically grinds a rail, I've had times where it either works or doesn't, and it made segments like the one Gannon frustrating because I'd just fall through, and definitely try to tone down the enemy spam in the second half of the game please? (Hyrule) Not so much because it's super hard, but rather it creates alot of moments like terrible slowdown that can either be circumvented with less infinite tribbles, less fire keese and less projectile enemies taking the space. The fact that jumping also raises shield is an odd decision, as I've had moments where I tried to jump around enemy barrage, only for the shield knockback to leave me in uncomfortable situations. One last thing, and it's minor, but for some reason whenever you use the parachute (or whatever) with the EX button, Link/Zelda's usual sprite doesn't display and instead I usually get a glitchy mess. Dunno if it's fixable or not, but otherwise, you have a great quest on hand! c:

Edited by KenMeister, 04 February 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#262 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Finally.

Spoiler

After many hours of switching items, characters, and beating dungeons and with some help from Demonlink, I have finally completed this quest today. And I even... (see the spoiler if you dare)

Spoiler

A winner is me and now it is time for the rate. Don't worry I'm not the "Insane Worrier". :D :tard:

#263 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

try to tone down the enemy spam in the second half of the game please? (Hyrule) Not so much because it's super hard, but rather it creates alot of moments like terrible slowdown that can either be circumvented with less infinite tribbles, less fire keese and less projectile enemies taking the space.

I forget how much of that I covered with the "Reduce Enemies" menu option... probably not enough of them. The lag, though, is really my fault because the way my scripting checks enemies is inefficient. Sorry! : (

The fact that jumping also raises shield is an odd decision

Um... jumping doesn't activate the shield as far as I'm aware. Are you sure you don't have a control conflict like what you mentioned before? Perhaps R and Ex1 mapped to the same button (with the "L/R lift/shield" mode on), or something like that?

One last thing, and it's minor, but for some reason whenever you use the parachute (or whatever) with the EX button, Link/Zelda's usual sprite doesn't display and instead I usually get a glitchy mess.

Okay, the good news is I've now figured out you almost definitely had some sort of control conflict causing that previous thing (because this seems to occur when you hold Ex1 AND R, but not just Ex1 alone). The bad news is, apparently holding R with the "L/R lift/shield" rule works while you're using the Parachute Leaf, even though the Parachute Leaf is supposed to prevent the shield from working- which means that it's trying to change the graphics for both at once, which is what caused the graphical glitches. Argh.

(Kinda wishing I'd never tried to implement the L/R lift/shield rule honestly; if this was still the beta testing stage I'd just remove that feature probably. Now though, I guess if I ever release a 1.4 I'll try to fix it, but, I was really hoping I wouldn't find something else that broken at this late date.)

In any case, thanks for playing and for the feedback! : )

A winner is me

As they might say in Ghostbusters, "Conglaturation!! You have completed a (janky) game."

"Insane Worrier"

Hmm? Is this a reference to something?

Edited by Mitsukara, 04 February 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#264 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

Oh dang, I thought I disabled the R button as well, shoot. My apologies then. Sometimes you have to be creative with the controls on a controller since I can only map so many buttons, mostly a ZC/my end thing. I probably should've reduced enemies tbh since I tend to ignore them if they're not beneficial to me at the time, but when I heard it nerfs bosses, I didn't want to opt for the total easy mode factor haha. 

#265 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, that's fair. I definitely wasn't too sure about the enemy balance myself, so, sorry again about that.

I have some ideas for a future quest in the vein of this one, but we'll have to see if my life works out well enough for me to get that one done. But if I do, one thing I definitely have in mind for that one, is to make the controls more thoroughly customizable, in such a way that the use of the Ex buttons would be entirely optional (basically, I'd like to make a custom subscreen where you can manually set all of the buttons how you like, not just B or A). But if that quest ever gets made it won't be terribly soon, so nobody should hold their breath for it XD There's more than one reason my avatar is a hiding turtle.

#266 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

Any idea where I can find that amazing remix used for the final boss? I absolutely love it, but have no idea what the name of the remix is or where to find it. : (

#267 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=36CxEsRRyBk

#268 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:49 AM

Hmm? Is this a reference to something?

http://www.arcade-mu...81242105192.png

Yes, a reference of this game!^^

#269 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

Any idea where I can find that amazing remix used for the final boss? I absolutely love it, but have no idea what the name of the remix is or where to find it. : (

If you want the file itself, it's in the support pack's music files, named "Zelda II Palace TRANCE REMIX!.nsf" (which is what it was called when I found it). To play a NSF file, you'll need a NSF player; personally, I use the "NotSo Fatso" plugin for Winamp, but whatever you prefer, really. (Dimentio's link also goes to the song posted on youtube.)

Yes, a reference of this game!^^

Ahh, I see! I wasn't familiar with that one; looks like some sort of NES wrestling game. "Insane Worrier" is pretty funny in that context though!

#270 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Hello again. I'm stuck in the North Palace.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users