Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#301 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

There's more to that dead end room with the moldorms than it appeared.

Spoiler

If the above two hints don't give it away, here's the solution.

Spoiler

Sorry if it was a little cryptic. The single rupee red herring might've been a bit much on my part.

#302 studkid

studkid

• Members

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Ok, thank you!  I always forget about the shovel is useful for finding items.  I usually only think about it if there is some obvious tile that could be hiding (a tile is different from the rest of the tiles around it).  Anyways, thank you so much.  I'm having so much fun with this quest I would hate to just stop playing at that point because I got stuck at one point like I've done with so many other ZC quests.

#303 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

No problem! Feel free to ask if you've got more questions. I may take a few days to get back to you because I haven't been online consistently lately, but I check up on this now and then. (So far Dimentio's been a good source of info too, he caught a ton of weird oversights during development for me). I also included the 'Secrets and Guides' documents in the support pack to help explain some of the puzzles, but, I didn't write a proper walkthrough, just a file with hints.

#304 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Can anybody help me out in Soejima. I'm looking for Roc's Cape. But I do not know where. Where Is It?

#305 Dimentio

Dimentio

Edgy unwanted opinions

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Can anybody help me out in Soejima. I'm looking for Roc's Cape. But I do not know where. Where Is It?

Spoiler

#306 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

If there are orange spikes in your way, then you need to reset the falling orange block above (when it's down, it triggers the switch)..

But, if you're short on keys...

Spoiler

You can also buy keys if you want to, in a pinch. They're sold for 100 rupees apiece back in the first town, Caragonne.

Edited by Mitsukara, 06 May 2017 - 06:45 AM.

#307 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

How can I Do Boss rush in Link & Zelda Panoply?

#308 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Unfortunately, I didn't finish a Boss Rush mode. There's leftover pieces of an abandoned one that I started to make, but it's not put together properly (it has broken warps, some bosses are missing or set up wrong, the dmap isn't even fully set up, and it's not accessible through normal play, unless you did some kind of fancy wallhacking or used Level 4 cheats to get to it).

I wasn't sure if there'd be demand for one and it was a confusing hassle for me at the time so I didn't do it... but I could maybe try to set something like that up in the future if people really want one? I know Dimentio expressed interest in the idea. My real life situation's kind of a grim mess so this probably won't happen for a while if at all, but if people want me to make it, I'll see what I can do down the road, maybe later this year.

The quest isn't passworded, though, so if anyone else wants to make a boss rush mode themselves, or any other kind of modification to LaZPoC, you're completely welcome to do so! As I've said before, this game is pretty much 'open source' for anyone to use anything from it they might wish. (It's just kind of badly scripted/badly organized, so it might be hard to figure out.)

Also, if I had more time and energy to focus on this, there's a really terrible bug I really should've caught and fixed: the L/R switch option for L-button throwing is completely busted. It doesn't allow you to carry objects correctly before throwing them, and pullswitches don't react to it... so at the very least I need to make a 1.3 update to fix that someday...

As far as what is in the current version of the game, though, there is a post-game boss though (a special scripted boss by Moosh, and a terrible scripted miniboss by me called the 'Power Lowder'). Just hang around after the credits and press 'start' at the end, and hopefully the way to find those will be self-explanatory (but let me know if you have any trouble with that).

Edited by Mitsukara, 07 May 2017 - 08:40 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#309 naal

naal

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Where do you find the Trophy for the second town in the 2nd half of the game?

#310 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

It's part of the trading sequence. Here's all the steps of the trading sequence, one by one...

Trading sequence Part 1 (in Calatia):

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Trading Sequence Part 2:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Then, of course, you take the trophy to the lady in the town of Ruto to complete the sequence. The prizes fort hat, if you don't mind spoilers, are all of the following:
Spoiler

Edited by Mitsukara, 13 May 2017 - 11:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users