Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4366 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

The GBC version also has it where time stops indoors. I wouldn't mind the length of the day honestly if I could get the same amount of work done without running around in a hurry.

#4367 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

So I've been playing Moero Chronicle on ???, and have been playing Splatoon 2, and Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star on the Switch. Been having a blast with Splatoon 2. Level 15 already, and have gotten pretty good, even without playing the first one very much. Fate/Extella is pretty great. Loving the variety of games I have to play.

#4368 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

I've mainly been playing Super Paper Mario which I picked up recently (and am thoroughly enjoying btw), and Sonic Generations on PC (less playing and more struggling with the below average specs of the PC I use, though I've still managed to begin completing the Modern Seaside Hill missions). Aside from this, I'm playing assorted Virtual Console and 3DS titles until I get a job and earn enough money for a Switch.

#4369 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

I just finished up Fire Emblem Fates, and I' thinking of starting to go through my massive RPG collection. I'll probably start with the copy of the SF3 English prototype (copy as in copied from the actual prototype), and then go onto Shining the Holy Ark, Rogue Galaxy, or something else.

Edited by Fiyaball, 26 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#4370 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Playing through Wario Land (1) on Game Boy. I loved this back when it came out. I remember finding the hidden treasures was a great experience that added richness and depth, but then I was still a preteen. It's music sounds like nothing else I've played, so squat, pudgy and abrasive, like Wario :)  (though the water music is quite peaceful). I still like this game.

Also trying out Mario's Picross on Game Boy for the first time, decent charming little diversion, I would've like going through it back in the day, but it's also a game I can't imagine playing through twice, so I probably would have been disappointed with it ultimately.

#4371 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

today i start to play to lost dimensions for ps3, is a tactic RPG  whit a sort of reality show-like elimination system.

You start whit 11 members in the party, but you may bring only a total 6 in each mission,  there are traitors hidden in the group and you must discover who are, seem that the traitors are random, so each play may be different.

At certain points of the game there the nomitations, just like a  reality shows, eveybody nominate who want eliminate from the game and the guy and who get more votes will be..I don't think that the member of my party will more the 6-7 at the end...

Talk whit the others may influence the nominations and you have ESP powers that you can use for have more clues, i think will be nice play this game !

#4372 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Recently beat the Steam version of Final Fantasy IV. It is perhaps one of the best of the core games.

Yesterday I finally got a hold of FFXII The Zodiac Age, and it looks promising so far, even though it's quite untraditional in its approach to gameplay.

Other than XII, the only singleplayer Final Fantasy core games (excluding 11 and 14) that I have yet to beat are I, II, III, and V.

#4373 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Decided to start playing Rogue Galaxy; just got into chapter 2, and it looks like a ton of fun.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#4374 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Recently beat the Steam version of Final Fantasy IV. It is perhaps one of the best of the core games.

Yesterday I finally got a hold of FFXII The Zodiac Age, and it looks promising so far, even though it's quite untraditional in its approach to gameplay.

Other than XII, the only singleplayer Final Fantasy core games (excluding 11 and 14) that I have yet to beat are I, II, III, and V.

If you haven't played the PS2 version of FFXII, that's probably for the best; since it won't influence your choices in the remake as far as jobs go.

Of the main Final Fantasy series, I've yet to beat III, X, or XV (or the online only ones, XI and XIV).

I got FFXII: The Zodiac Age the day after it came out and I'm currently rather far in the game, though the list of junk I have yet to do is staggering. FYI, if you any kind of completionist, you'll probably need some sort of guide to get all of its secrets.

#4375 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

I've been playing songbringer. It's a nice zelda-like game, but definitely different in a lot of cool ways. Should be on steam.

#4376 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:42 AM

Let's see...

I'm at the final dungeon for the True Ending for Persona 4. Haven't quite finished it yet, but I'm getting there.

I'm at the second Labyrinth in Persona Q. (If you don't know, imagine Persona meets Etrian Odyssey) Started the game before I finished P4 only because I needed a portable game, and started playing with the P3 crew. Don't have a Vita, so when I finally finish this one, I'll move up to P5 as my next game in the series to play.

Also finally got Tale of Two Wastelands working, alongside a pretty decent number of mods. This game's a massive mod for Fallout: New Vegas, where it crams all of Fallout 3 into the game, so you can play through both stories and worlds using a single character in the New Vegas engine. Has some sort of anti-piracy thing in it, so you need to own both games + all of the DLC for both of them put together legally to run the program that converts Fallout 3 into the mod.

It's pretty fun, and it's the first time I've actually gotten Fallout 3 stable enough to work on my PC without constant crashing. The only problem is that it's a bit NV-heavy as far as modding it goes. Almost any New Vegas mod will be compatible, but Fallout 3 mods need to be converted before they'll work, and it's a bit of a process that I don't know how to do.

I've been playing it with my little brother. It was originally his file, until he found out the hard way that he's way too jumpy and panicky for the combat in the game, getting scared at an encounter with a lone stray dog. Instead, I'll play through the game myself, while he stands and watches over my shoulder and gives me suggestions on what I should do. The only thing that I'm dead-set on regardless of what he says is that I don't want to use the freebie DLC equipment from New Vegas until I'm able to get equivalent gear the normal way. He'd much rather I just use the best armor immediately, while I prefer to work my way up to it. If he's not with me, I'm avoiding doing any actual quests, and I'm just gathering loot and hoarding it in my house.

I've been having a bit of fun with him. Bought a schematic for the Shishkebab, and started looking for the parts to make it. He has no idea what it is, and I haven't told him that it's a flaming sword. He's going to absolutely freak out when we get it put together. You'd think that reading through the parts list would have given him a bit of a hint, though.

#4377 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Booted up a new file in Metroid Prime 2 today, love that game, my favorite Prime. Heard a great comment today that I really appreciated. Someone called Majora's Mask "haunting" and I really agreed. Prime 2 is dark, Resident Evil Remake is dark, but not Majora's Mask, that game is much more haunting and melancholy than bleak or oppressive. There's a trace of pain and trauma, but there's always a message of hope in it, and lives lost are meaningful not hopeless and dire. Dunno if I'm explaining what I mean well, but basically "dark" is something more severe than "haunting" and Majora's Mask just doesn't have that strong feeling of dread in it that qualifies it as dark. Of course, light stories are every bit as meaningful and serious as dark, it's just a different mood and tone.

EDIT: Grrr, forgot about my one issue with Prime 2, I always forget how to find Torvus Bog, even though I've beaten the game like 5 times. There's a bomb puzzle in a dark world room that always appears like a dead end to me, so I wander around for an hour or two in vain. Had to look up a guide. Ugh. Apart from that it's an awesome game.

Edited by Cukeman, 04 August 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#4378 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Okay another flaw in Echoes- if you're out of necessary ammo before the Grapple Guardian, it's a huge pain to refill.

#4379 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

Just played through Kid Icarus:OMAM on the Game Boy, it has a lot of similarities to the NES original, but with just a few tweaks- less stiff controls and really convenient saving, I found this version much more playable (once I got a couple stages in).

• Anthus likes this

#4380 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

When I was younger, I had OMAM, and thought it was the only game. I didn't know an NES version existed till years later. I've not beat either one. I remember OMAM being really, really hard. I could never get past the first boss. I should pick it up again someday, I'd probably be able to do it now.

I'm playing a few things. I'm about to finish up DKC2 (best SNES platformer of all time, OF ALL TIME) for the 99th time, and I've also been trying to get into Ever Oasis, but it's just not clicking for me. It's not bad, I just am not a fan of it. I have been playing a lot of Bravely Second however. I just got around to picking it up again after only getting an hour or so in. Here's my thoughts on it so far, I posted this elsewhere, but whatever, read it if you want. 

Spoiler

• Cukeman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users