Original Graphics Showcase

• Please log in to reply
1785 replies to this topic

#1096 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Your very dark purple, blue and black can be merged / edited. There's almost no difference between their lightness.

#1097 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Your very dark purple, blue and black can be merged / edited. There's almost no difference between their lightness.

Absolutely true, and if this were in ZC, I would. The only reason why I don't is because the black is purely for entity sprites, so when they move around over whatever, the outline still makes them not blend in with the tiles directly.

#1098 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Here's what I've cooked up so far, regarding updating the graphics in the CGBZE I got the motivation to update, due to this also being practice towards tile making for World of Chaos II:

Old on the left, New on the right.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Base colors are from the original LTTP graphics, but the lightest, darkest, inline and outline colors are made by me.

These look absolutely fantastic, Koh. The textures are beautiful.

Perhaps, if it works, it may look better to make the trees' outlines leafier.

#1099 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Here's what I've cooked up so far, regarding updating the graphics in the CGBZE I got the motivation to update, due to this also being practice towards tile making for World of Chaos II:

Old on the left, New on the right.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Base colors are from the original LTTP graphics, but the lightest, darkest, inline and outline colors are made by me.

Looks super good man.

#1100 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

hi guys i sprited something help

Posted Image

Kinda using the 4 colour per tile rule.

#1101 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Not bad at all. Try animating it to be 4 frames worth of opening. Could be good practice~

#1102 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

hi guys i sprited something help

Posted Image

Kinda using the 4 colour per tile rule.

Here's the chests I made for Firebird / tHP if they are any help.
Posted Image

#1103 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

More stuff crafted with my sidescroller sprites.

Posted Image
  • SpikeReynolds likes this

#1104 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

More stuff crafted with my sidescroller sprites.

sm0T9H6.png

Whatever it is, I'd play it.

Edited by Fausch, 14 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#1105 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

@Koh: Love the textures! Very nice! :)

@Shane: Nice chest! :)

It actually helped me realize what to do about my own custom chests. They used to look flat next to dungeon floor tiles. Seeing this helped me realize how to shade a chest so it pops out. Thanks! :D

@Supindahood: Well, I think it looks stupendous! :)

I haven't used sideview screens much, so I don't really know if there are any problems with yours. Hope you have no problem implementing it. Is that for ZC? (Sorry, but it makes me wonder.)

Here are some custom Classic-based dungeon graphics that I made for my level 9 (walls/doors are based on one of Nolornbon's designs) that I would like some feedback on:

level9gfx.png

Note that the small statues are skeleton versions of the original classic statues. :slycool: Also note that the floor tiles are the original diagonal floor tiles that come with Classic. (I left the ZQuest combo list on the right so you could see the lock blocks.)

I'm thinking the walls are missing something. Because of the pattern at the top & bottom of the walls, I don't want the standard Classic brick formation on the dungeon walls; however, I think I could add something to the walls so they're not so... blank. What do you think? Torches? Ganon head carvings? Skeletons?

#1106 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

I haven't used sideview screens much, so I don't really know if there are any problems with yours. Hope you have no problem implementing it. Is that for ZC? (Sorry, but it makes me wonder.

Thanks! It wasn't planned for ZC, and it wouldn't be possible to work with it the same way if it was implemented, because my grid here in Tiled is 8x8, but is 16x16 in ZQ.

#1107 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Here are some custom Classic-based dungeon graphics that I made for my level 9 (walls/doors are based on one of Nolornbon's designs) that I would like some feedback on:

level9gfx.png

Note that the small statues are skeleton versions of the original classic statues. :slycool: Also note that the floor tiles are the original diagonal floor tiles that come with Classic. (I left the ZQuest combo list on the right so you could see the lock blocks.)

I'm thinking the walls are missing something. Because of the pattern at the top & bottom of the walls, I don't want the standard Classic brick formation on the dungeon walls; however, I think I could add something to the walls so they're not so... blank. What do you think? Torches? Ganon head carvings? Skeletons?

Those wall's need something on them like it is right now they are pretty bland, maybe they need torches, and some other type of design's on them.

• Lightwulf likes this

#1108 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

@Koh: Love the textures! Very nice! :)

@Shane: Nice chest! :)

It actually helped me realize what to do about my own custom chests. They used to look flat next to dungeon floor tiles. Seeing this helped me realize how to shade a chest so it pops out. Thanks! :D

I haven't used sideview screens much, so I don't really know if there are any problems with yours. Hope you have no problem implementing it. Is that for ZC? (Sorry, but it makes me wonder.)

level9gfx.png

The design of the walls is really cool, albeit a little bland. The skeleton statue heads look sick, though. Love em.

• Lightwulf likes this

#1109 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

Based on feedback, I went back and made some wall decorations so they aren't so bland. This is what I came up with:

level9gfxrevani.gif
Edit: I animated this screenshot so you could see the torches move, but the new PureZC won't show the animation.  :angry: I updated the link so you can easily download it if you want to see the animation.

I was thinking along the lines of skeletons chained to the wall, though not real skeletons ('cause they're too big) but more along the lines of statue skeletons carved out of stone.

I must give credit; I couldn't find the sprites from LttP on Spriter's Resource (who knows why they don't have Dark World tiles or animated torch tiles), so I opened up Pure 2.5 to get the design. I based my sprites off of similar ones I found in that tileset.

What do you think? Good enough (or do I still need other wall details)?

Edited by Lightwulf, 25 May 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#1110 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't really think that the skeleton tiles fit with the wall. Maybe you should use other decorations? The diagonal blocks look cool though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users