Photo

Screenshot of the Week 72

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

skateboarder11
user posted image

IaN
user posted image

Link128
user posted image

masterlink3000
user posted image
A busy day in Hyrule. . . WAIT! Someone got robbed

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

Dude, IaN, where do you get those cool Pokemon sprites from? I want them too!

/me votes for.... someone.

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:38 PM

user posted image
I am unable to see this image.

(Don't ask me how I was able to link to it
if I couldn't see it. Just know
that I can't see it.)

Thusly, I cannot vote until I see IaN's screenshot.

However, in the meantime, Masterlink's image is looking quite nice. icon_smile.gif Gotta love that dirt. icon_wink.gificon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:41 PM

Am I the only one who cannot see IaN's shot? icon_blink.gif
EDIT: Obviously not...

And shouldn't this topic be pinned, Prince? icon_wink.gif

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:43 PM

I can't see IaN's shot either. I'm tempted to fote for ML3K, but since I can't see all the shots, it wouldn't be fair

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

Well, if all of us can't see IaN's shot... why can Mr. Z? icon_odd.gif .. icon_glare.gif ... Z, quit hording teh shots. I also tried copying the URL and pasting it into the Address bar, but no success. It's an "invalid image." icon_disgust.gif

#7 ChaoticGood1

ChaoticGood1

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:53 PM

I was able to see the pictures, I just had to wait a while...

and BTW Ian's pic looks fan-fjoooking-tastic.

#8 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

I see IaN shot just fine. But I will re-upload it again and see if the helps some of you.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

EDIT: IaN's shot should be fixed. I can't tell if it is or isn't, because I could always see it. So I need someone that couldn't see it earlier, to post and tell me whether you can now.

#9 linkdude81

linkdude81

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:04 PM

Paste the URL in IE's Address Bar. I only tried that because Mr. Z was able to see it, and it worked fine. It seems that Firefox (and other browsers) don't like the image. icon_shrug.gif

Curse you Microsoft!!!!!!!

Edit: It seems that the re-uploading fixed it (for me anyway)

Edited by linkdude81, 05 December 2004 - 03:05 PM.

#10 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:16 PM

I voted for IaN. However, even though I thought IaN had the best shot, there were still things about it that bothered me slightly.

user posted image

1.) There is a magic floating canopy of leaves on the bottom left portion of the screen.

I know what it was supposed to look like, judging from that tree under it. However, it just doesn't look right. My best suggestion would be to move it up a tile if possible.

2.) The transparency on this screen is funky. I realise this isn't really your fault, but I personally think the screen would be better off without transparency over the trees. It actually gives the opposite effect of what you are wanting (highlight instead of shadow). icon_shrug.gif

Overall, it is still a good shot. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:27 PM

man, IaN, you've got alot of MC tiles ripped already, though it seems like your trees have once again fallen victim to lack of subtle shading colors...

I voted for ML3K, though. I've seen so many of IaN's shots with that palette, it's getting kinda old. besides, I love that dirt in your shot, ML3K

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:34 PM

Well well, IaN's shot looks once again really good, but so does masterlink3000's shot.

Hmm, a tough decision... argh! But I agree with link3... I mean Gashin, so this time I'm going to vote ML3K.

#13 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Dec 5 2004, 04:46 PM)
I voted for IaN. However, even though I thought IaN had the best shot, there were still things about it that bothered me slightly.

user posted image

1.) There is a magic floating canopy of leaves on the bottom left portion of the screen.

I know what it was supposed to look like, judging from that tree under it. However, it just doesn't look right. My best suggestion would be to move it up a tile if possible.

2.) The transparency on this screen is funky. I realise this isn't really your fault, but I personally think the screen would be better off without transparency over the trees. It actually gives the opposite effect of what you are wanting (highlight instead of shadow). icon_shrug.gif

Overall, it is still a good shot. icon_thumbsup.gif

I'm still a bit iffy on the floating canopy myself, I just wanted to give it a shot. Some other's have pulled it off, I just didn't use the right combination (It's too symetrical and diamondy)

That transparency doesn't look so bad in the original shot, actaully. You can't notice it a whole lot on the trees, while giving the effect I wanted on the ground:
user posted image
http://img.photobuck...Ian2/SotW72.gif

Well, Gashin, if you look at the above shot, the tree shanding isn't as horrible if you see the shot right out of ZC. But you're right, it's time to start using shots that aren't in a forest.

#14 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

I null voted. I didn't particularly care for any of the shots. There was at least one thing in each that threw me off.

#15 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:34 PM

masterlink3000 gets my vote this time around; It has the best composition of colors and it also seems as there is something going on. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users