Enemy palletes list

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:31 PM

a while ago, I asked DN for a list of all the enemies and the CSets they use. I bugged him about it again last night, and this morning I got said list, with more information than I'll ever need. so, out of sheer boredom, and using that list, I compiled a .txt file containing all the enemy names, and the CSets each one uses. they are grouped (octorok red fast, octorock red slow, octorock blue fast, ect..) for quick refrence

[ the list ]

I may have left out some enemies, or got the wrong pallete for a couple, but I think I got them all

just though I'd share it with all you up-and-coming quest developers... and those who would like to know

#2 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

This is very nice! icon_biggrin.gif

It is highly recommended that people who work with palattes in quests snag this text file. It's that useful. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:46 PM

Awesome!!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

This is EXACTLY what I needed. ^_^ Now I can be very specific about editing and using every single CSet!! icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:45 PM

I just found out that I was missing Pols Voice from the list. it's now beneath Gibdo

if you saved the file, you'll need to save it again, obviously

#5 Lockheed

Lockheed

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:16 PM

Supreme- this will help greatly. Thanks much, Gashin!

#6 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:38 PM

How awesome! I've needed something like this for a long time. Now I can possibly edge into using the enemy palletes for overworld tiles as well as enemies... if I'm careful enough.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:47 PM

I have a question though...

It says Gleeok uses 14, but in the tilesets I've checked it really is using 13, why is this?

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jan 28 2005, 08:47 PM)

It says Gleeok uses 14, but in the tilesets I've checked it really is using 13, why is this?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here -- and I may very well be -- but I believe the Gleeok uses a CSet in one of the Extra Sprite Palettes. The Help doc says CSet 14 "loads boss CSets as needed," so listing a boss palette as "CSet 14" is simply a not-so-helpful way of saying "it's one of the CSets in Extra Sprite Palettes."

I successfully replaced the Gleeok palette awhile ago when I decided I liked Newfirst's Gleeok much better than the edited version of the Classic Gleeok that someone tried to improve to BS quality level, so perhaps I'll go in and check it out to make sure I remember what exactly I did.

#9 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:07 AM

Woah. I might be needing this in the near future. But, personally I think this should be pinned for the whole world to see! YAY! icon_bounce.gif

(If you couldn't tell, I'm doing that now. icon_razz.gif)

#10 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:18 AM

Thanks alot Gashin. icon_wink.gif This is very useful for anyone who is making a quest or tileset. icon_wink.gif

#11 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jan 29 2005, 03:12 AM)
QUOTE(Freedom @ Jan 28 2005, 08:47 PM)

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here -- and I may very well be -- but I believe the Gleeok uses a CSet in one of the Extra Sprite Palettes. The Help doc says CSet 14 "loads boss CSets as needed," so listing a boss palette as "CSet 14" is simply a not-so-helpful way of saying "it's one of the CSets in Extra Sprite Palettes."

I successfully replaced the Gleeok palette awhile ago when I decided I liked Newfirst's Gleeok much better than the edited version of the Classic Gleeok that someone tried to improve to BS quality level, so perhaps I'll go in and check it out to make sure I remember what exactly I did.

Yes, it uses esp 1 cset 13, so I can't understand why all of the "lists" say it uses 14, this is true on the lists that came before this one too, like the original that used to be on the original ZC site.

If you load esp 1 cset 13 into cset 9 and open the tile pages the gleeok will show as it does in the game.

I've checked this in both descendant and pure tilesets, it's the same in both, in the descendant tileset there are no colors in pal. 14 period, I forget what pure had.

So if it "loads" the color as needed into esp 1 cset 14 it's really of little use to know that since to edit the gleeoks colors you have to do it through esp 1 cset 13, right?

Just confusing to me, and caused me a whole lot of headaches. Descendants Gleeoks used to be blue so when I changed them to green it just made locating the actual palette it was using a pain in the neck, then it was the same with Gleeok 2, they are in 13 as well.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:01 AM

Hmm, very true, Freedom. Since it is such a bother, I think I will remove the little notes from the tilesheets in my tilesets that mark boss enemies as using "CSet 14."

It would be really useful if someone were able to bug Dark Nation into specifying the CSets of all the bosses, too... It's actually harder to figure that out through experimentation than it is for regular enemies.

#13 Mr. Triforce

Mr. Triforce

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

Excellent! Cheers to lots of free time lol. This will be very usefull for both beginners and experienced Quest/Tile Designers. Much Thanks.

#14 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

Alright, I think it's about time someone completed this guide. icon_wink.gif

Aquamentus (l/r) - ESP 1 cset 0
Digdogger (x kids) - ESP 1 cset 2
Dodongo (with cset fix) - ESP 1 cset 2
Dodongo (BS) - ESP 1 cset 2
Gleeok (x heads) - ESP 1 cset 1
Gleeok 2 (x heads) - ESP 1 cset 13
Ganon - ESP 1 cset 3

Note: I'm not sure about all of these. I think they're all correct, but I just checked them quickly, so I'm not totally sure.

EDIT - Fixed icon_smile.gif

Edited by ZeldaLord, 22 June 2005 - 06:32 PM.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

Hey, awesome, ZeldaLord! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ZeldaLord @ Jun 22 2005, 01:05 PM)
Note: I'm not sure about all of these. I think they're all correct, but I just checked them quickly, so I'm not totally sure.

Though I've noticed that the list in this topic seems to be less than accurate. Ganon does not use either ESP, and I don't know what all that rubbish about Dodongos using cset 8 is (it uses ESP 1 cset 2). icon_eyebrow.gif

It's been awhile, but I was fairly sure Ganon didn't use a CSet from the Main Palette.

As for Dodongos, it may have something to do with the quest rule "Dodongo CSet Fix." I've never determined what exactly that checkbox does. For comparison, could you please check and see whether or not you have that rule checked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users