Tiny Update 01

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:20 AM

This is a tiny update topic. Not for anything major, just for posting general progress and notes and such on the state of Crucible Crest.

We've slowed down since posting the demo, with both of us being pretty busy. I wanted to go back and clean up a lot of the scripts and minor bugs, so I've been steadily chipping away at those - for instance, did you know that if you F6 quit while sitting at a fire, you'd be stuck with the sitting sprite forever? It's true!

One of the things that Peril of Rectangle Country has needed for a long time was a game over script, since that was the only part of the game that broke the 4-color rule, and scripting that was a good excuse to script a more authentic, Game Boy style game over menu for Crucible Crest as well - so now there's a much more modern menu with more descriptive and useful continue/quit options.

I've also implemented some specific weapon weaknesses in normal enemies - for example, shrouded Stalfos are now especially weak to fire and will lose their shrouds when hit. This is not that useful on early enemies, but should make later enemies a bit more fun and thoughtful. You can see both of these in the video below.

And... that's about it other than more planning, layout, and concept for for mini-dungeons and expanding the overworld. Hope to have more updates soon. Remember to always use a splitter or riving knife with a table saw to prevent kickback as well.
  • Twilight Knight, Eddy, Jared and 4 others like this

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

I like the enemy weaknesses addition; I think that will encourage the player to use more diverse items in combat and therefore increase the importance of stamina as the game goes on. Good luck on the project moving forward!

#3 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:33 PM

Digging these changes; the default ZC game over screen was always something that slightly bugged me in some quests, so this makes the game feel even more cohesive and polished.

• Jared likes this

#4 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:30 PM

PERIL OF A RECTANGLE COUNTY DOESNT EXIST MITCHELL

• Mitchfork likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users