Introducing Zeldavania

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Database Staff

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

I am making a metroidvania inspired Zelda quest where you can play as multiple Zelda characters.

I am almost ready to release the first version as I am down to story, some secrets and final testing and polish.

As time goes on, the plan is to expand on the original version with new maps and characters inspired by Zelda games.

This would include things like...

Twilight Princess Pack
Ocarina of Time Pack
A Link Between Worlds Pack

The original version uses an original story and map where you can only initially play as Zelda, Link, Impa or Ganondorf.

I plan to eventually upgrade this to 2.55.
  • ShadowTiger, Shane, Yoshi and 3 others like this

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

!~~ah~~ha~~!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

Aww, man, I saw the word Metroidvania and got all hyped, but then there were no screenshots to ogle at.

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

This sounds a lot like my next quest project.

I have sprites for the 9 characters I plan to use for that, along with script for their primary abilities.

I don't know how compatible the two ideas might be, but I'd be interested in comparing notes.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

Let me Say That Sounds Awesome Will it be Have Some Randomizer Elements to :D

Its Sounds Defenitivly Interresting Explecite The Fact of a Playable Ganon and Some Other Pacs :D

Good Luck with your Ideas ;D

#5 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Database Staff

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Aww, man, I saw the word Metroidvania and got all hyped, but then there were no screenshots to ogle at.

I'll have to get some up soon enough.

This sounds a lot like my next quest project.
I have sprites for the 9 characters I plan to use for that, along with script for their primary abilities.
I don't know how compatible the two ideas might be, but I'd be interested in comparing notes.

Sounds great to me.

Let me Say That Sounds Awesome Will it be Have Some Randomizer Elements to :D
Its Sounds Defenitivly Interresting Explecite The Fact of a Playable Ganon and Some Other Pacs :D
Good Luck with your Ideas ;D

No randomizer at this time. I wouldn't even know how to make one. But perhaps in a future map update.

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:41 PM

Sounds great to me.

Would you prefer PM here or Discord? 

My activity isn't exactly secret, but I'm not sure about yours.

You could also join my project server on Discord, since you've been trying to help with my quest.

In any case, let me know.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#7 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Wait....did that invite seriously just happen because of Zeldavania? LMAO

• ywkls likes this

#8 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:47 AM

Will the bosses be more complex than Lyrics of Death DX and Forgotten Hero? Especially that this is now a 2.55 quest.

Edited by P-Tux7, 10 August 2019 - 02:47 AM.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:28 AM

Will the bosses be more complex than Lyrics of Death DX and Forgotten Hero? Especially that this is now a 2.55 quest.

Just because it's updating to 2.55 doesn't mean Shoshon can suddenly script complex bosses.

I've played halfway through this. I think this is a really nice project, but it could use some polish. Seems like bosses are somewhat of a problem in difficulty, and it sucks when they spam the room with summons. (Partly my fault)

Edited by Avataro, 10 August 2019 - 06:37 AM.

#10 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Database Staff

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

You can try scripting them for me if you want.
  • Shane and Epsalon ZX like this

#11 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:41 PM

You can try scripting them for me if you want.

Sorry, but I haven't learned scripting yet. I figured since you were making a new project you were gonna be learning more skills about ZC than me, who ism't making a project yet.

My biggest issue with the Forgotten Hero bosses is that it's almost impossible to no-damage-clear them - similar to how a Blue Wizzrobe works, unless you can attack from far away with sword beams, then you'll likely get hurt using sword or bombs due to that the Blue Wizzrobe can either teleport into you, fire magic at you, or change position and fire at you from a non-shielded direction.
I expect this problem to be improved if not outright removed in Zeldavania's bosses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users