Photo

Enemy of the Year 2014: Finals!

Helmasaur King - Moosh Jamian

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Year 2014: Finals! (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Welcome to Enemy of the Year 2014: Finals!

Now it's time to vote for the best of the best of 2014. We have three great entries this year, but only one enemy can be the best.

YouTube Videos
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, click on the following videos below:

EotM #01: Toothy - Jamian

EotM #06: Helmasaur King - Moosh

EotM #07: Redmage was Wrong - Moosh

The Enemies
Here is all the enemy information for the 2014 finals.

Toothy - Jamian

elaY9jq.png

• Description: Toothy's chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Therefore, the less said about him, the better. Enter the forest cave and find out!

Helmasaur King - Moosh

Xogi9Oc.png

• Description: Helmasaur King was possibly my favorite boss in ALttP, so much so that I based the boss of LQftH2's 5th dungeon off of him. I wanted to make a boss similar to the original at the time, but couldn't figure out to handle the tail. Because of this I decided to just reimagine Helmasaur King, but then that gave me problems too. After all the trouble I went through I basically vowed never to attempt a Helmasaur King again. Until now, that is. This boss isn't a truly faithful recreation of the one from ALttP. I still did some reimagining to make it work in ZC and I still cut a few corners, but it's probably the closest I'm going to get.

Redmage was Wrong - Moosh

P1LKVzL.png

• Description: Quote from RedmageAdam: "It's just too bad there isn't a way to program Link's hit box to be a tiny glowing pixel and make it so you have to thread the needle through a lot a near pixel perfect movements to avoid getting hit." 

Now vote for your favorites and we'll see who will be the ultimate enemy of 2014. 

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

There can be only one... MOOSH!

(And by that, I mean Helmasaur King.)

I've glanced at the code for the other Moosh entry and it makes my brain hurt....

Anyways, let Moosh devour all!

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Anyways, let Moosh devour all!

Not if Evan has anything to say about it, but that's for another day. lol

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

And the Winner is:

Helmasaur King - Moosh

Xogi9Oc.png

You won Enemy of the Year for 2014. Here's your congratulation message lazily written under the guise of something more than what it is. Just your typical standard congratulations. :P

• ywkls likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Helmasaur King - Moosh, Jamian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users