Photo

Overworld of the Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Poll: [ZC] Overworld of the Year (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Overworld of the Year

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Moosh

Moosh

fug :DD

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

Winner: Umbral Cloud

2nd: Nargad's Trail: Crystal Crusades

3rd: Yuurei

#2 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Where is the overworld in Yuurei? The whole quest? The starting area? I don't think it has one xD

#3 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, it's a tricky thing. We sort of figured since someone nominated it, we'd give it a pass, and if people don't think it fits, they won't vote on it. But metroidvanias like this one are odd cases because by the same logic, they don't really have dungeons, either. Is one specific area of Yuurei a dungeon? The whole thing? It just doesn't fit well into this award structure. So I guess we'll just defer to the voters on cases like this.

I also wanna say ... Nargad's Trail: Crystal Crusades' overworld. A whole lot of love was put into that in terms of the diverse areas, and the way it feels so alive with all the individual towns and npc's with so much character. I'm a huge fan.

Umbral Cloud is great in a completely different way. I really admire the way that it interconnects in metroidvania style while still feeling fairly organic, and the way that the dungeons in the game have multiple entrances and feel more like caverns intertwined with the overworld itself.

There's some pretty cool options here. And then there's Yuurei. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users