Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia

Photo

RL-caused delays, but L&Z is still developing!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hey everybody, sorry about vanishing for the past couple of weeks and the lack of updates.

Long story short, I and my husband don't have a stable housing situation and there is a certain amount of "RL drama" surrounding that which I won't get into here. But we were working on a bunch of stuff to try to not become completely homeless and so I got no work done on the quest for a couple weeks and spent no time doing the social thing because when I get too stressed out and tired I wind up not talking to anybody much (though yesterday I did watch some youtube to calm down, and commented on TeamUDF-and-friends' LTTP randomizer race. Man, LTTP Randomizer is cool. And did you know there exist Dragon Warrior I and II randomizers?! Oh man, living in the future is great sometimes).

The housing situation seems to have calmed down for the moment, but it is far from permanently solved so there is a risk of similar delays in the future. This general problem is part of why I wanted to release the beta of what I did have done so far; I don't want this project to slip through the cracks of my life's instability and go away, I want to get it finished.

I'll try to minimize the "vanishing completely with absolutely no warning or explanation" thing as much as I can in the future though, at the very least.

I am still working on Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia (more like "Stink and Smellda: Pineapple of Ca-late-ia" amirite???) and I definitely still have getting it done as one of my personal goals in life. (and lofty ideas bouncing around in my head about sequels, and scraps I've made previously towards that end.) But my time estimates on finishing it are really up in the air if our housing situation doesn't get more permanently settled than it has been.

ZoriaRPG sent me a bunch of useful stuff (...some of which I missed the transfers on from being gone so long, oops) which I've only just started to dig into. I hope to get more done soon, to both reduce the lag and get more of the game actually made (not quite sure which of those two things to focus on more).

If anyone has any opinion on whether I should focus more on "new content" versus "fix lag and stuff", let me know, but I'll probably be doing a little of each.

To anyone who's waiting, thank you very much for your patience, and thanks to everyone who's given encouragement and advice. : )

Edited by Mitsukara, 27 June 2016 - 12:57 PM.

• Eddy, Lightwulf, KingPridenia and 3 others like this

#2 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

This project looks amazing. I wish you the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users