New SubScreen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

I monochromized the symbols, but more importantly, I also integrated the Ex button items.

The Roc's Feather and Potions now use Ex1 and Ex2 respectively. So they're integrated into the passive menu. They're also removed from the active menus, because of the null symbols, which are inert, lower level Roc Items/Potions that do nothing upon use. Mind you, the Roc's Feather only appears in sideview, even when you have picked it up. Here are some screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• MermaidCim likes this

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:53 AM

Are potions many-use, based on magic (or another counter); or restricted (1,2,3,4) use?

If the latter, hardcoding them to a button (without a confirmation dialogue) is going to drive players mad, when they waste potions accidentally.

I'd also suggest either making the graphics represent the button, or the text state the button ID, so you have button / function on the subscreen, rather than both a textual and graphical representation of the same thing. That would be more helpful. :)

I do like the classic Gameboy green aesthetic. I've wanted to see some monochromatic game style attempts, so it's a nice change. (You might want to consider making Link flicker to keep that same tone universally, throughout your game, instead of coloured flashing.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 26 June 2016 - 04:55 AM.

• Anarchy_Balsac likes this

#3 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

Extremely tight fit, but I got it done.

315_o9dyuy.png

And yeah, one use.  But I may make multi-use ones for easy mode.  You don't even need confirmation dialog, just a short term disabling of the button after use.

• MermaidCim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users