Photo

Screenshot of the Week 475

Shane SkyLizardGirl joelmacool12 ZeldaPlayer Orithan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 475 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Apologies, guys, the last two Sundays I've been worn out and things have slipped my mind. I'll try not to make a pattern of this.

SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl.png

(BLAZZMA) Ultimate Hybrid Nightmare ..

Shane

Shane.png

"Shane makes tropical volcanoes and swampy deserts. What's next? xD" - Avataro

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

First Attempt Much?

ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer.png

My first take at the DoR tileset.

Orithan

Orithan.png

My first time playing around in Firebird.

#2 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

SkyLizardGirl's shot clearly had a lot of time put into it, and as much as it burns my eyes, it burns my curiosity even more.

• nicklegends likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Top three were SkyLizardGirl, Chica the Chicken and Orithan. Had to go with Bonnie, cause, tropical volcanoes yo (dude, make a burning ocean! XD ).

• Shane likes this

#4 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hmmmm idk I choose Shane go for four wins. :)
  • Shane likes this

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

Shane gets my vote. I really like the atmosphere of this one. Most people assume volcanoes have to be the generic glowing-red scorched-land ordeal, so it's nice to see something different. I tried a tropical volcano once, and failed. Props to you for pulling it off.
  • Shane, Eddy, Haylee and 3 others like this

#6 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

I second that notion. Detail and quality is a thing I take very seriously (OCD much? heh), and Shane's SS is no exception.

Well played.

Edited by HavoX, 29 September 2014 - 04:20 PM.

• Shane likes this

#7 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

Ah, I knew I was going to lose like this. But it was worth a shot.

#8 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I commend SkyLizardGirl on her giant boss-creature!  :wow:  Those things are not easy to make.  Nice job!

Shane's got an interesting combination of detailed landscape and volcano.  Nice touch!  :)

@joelmacool12:  Those are some nice new trees! :)  Nice variation in land texture.

The mountains could use some work, though; it's kind-of boring to have straight mountains like that.  Try throwing in some angles here and there to break up the straightness of the mountain line.

@ZeldaPlayer:  Not bad for a first try! :)  If you add more ground details (such as the rocks you put to the left of where Link is standing), it will spice the screen up (though you don't need too many details, but just enough to make it not look artificially straight).  Also, you can scatter the tree lines a bit (move some up and some down) and still make it so that Link can't pass between them.  Unless it's a garden, trees don't realistically line up like that.

By the way, there's an error on the lower-right of the screen: a tree has 2 green combos for the bottom and 2 grey combos for the top.  Just make them match and that fixes it.

Don't be discouraged!  It takes time to gain experience with making screens.

Ultimately, I voted for Orithan.  Nice details; I like how you have some symmetry, because it's a man-made (or furry-made, whatever is the case) place, but there are still details that make it non-symmetrical like the different shapes carved in the stone pillars, the bomb-able (I'm assuming) wall to the south, and the two different types of walls.  Plus, nice character sprite! :D

#9 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Here are my thoughts. :)

SkyLizardGirl- 

• This screenshot was definitely interesting. I can tell that the monster took a long time to make and I admire your exceptional effort. I do have to note that the perspective is a little off, but it really does not matter in this screenshot.
  • 9/10 (Amazing)

Shane-

• My vote went here. This is a very well made and constructed screenshot. I love the creativity with the volcanic area as there is not the typical lava. Overall, this screen is well designed and looks awesome.
  • 10/10 (Masterpiece)

joelmacool12-

• This screen is constructed nicely overall and the trees look nice, but the screen design is lacking overall in detail. There needs to be a bit more variation in the landscape. Also, the mountains look a bit boring; consider adding a few angles somewhere along the mountain line to make things more interesting.
  • 7/10 (Good)

ZeldaPlayer-

• This screen is constructed well overall, but the screen design is lacking a lot of details. Consider adding different grasses, rocks, trees, etc. Also, there is an error in the bottom right corner: The top half of the tree is gray but the bottom half of the tree is green. Fix that. Otherwise, pretty decent screen though requires more details.
  • 7/10 (Good)

Orithan-

• This screen is excellent. It is designed very well constructively and the screen design looks great as well. Link being a fox thing (sorry if I don't know exactly what it is) looks very interesting and is creative.
  • 8/10 (Great)

If you have not realized yet, I voted for Shane this week. Solid construction and amazing screen design made Shane's screen my first choice for this week. Great job to everyone else as well! :)

• Shane likes this

#10 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Lizard Girl gets my vote. It looks like something out of a CDI game but this somehow only magnifies it's incredible.... Presence. Really good shot. I hope you're game is going well!

-Strike
  • Matthew likes this

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

I have so much no idea what's even going on in SkyLizardGirl's shot that I actually like it.

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

2A7vNcI.png

Great job there, mate. :P

Anyways, I was torn between SkyLizardGirl and Shane. I eventually went for Shane's shot because making a volcano screen like that is something truly spectacular. We need more tropical volcanoes plz.

• Shane, Jared and Joelmacool like this

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

I don't like any of them, but Joel has the one I dislike the least, so I voted for that one.

#14 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:34 PM

0. That monster is the equivalent of ultimate nightmare, his personality is terrifying & crazed.
-He grabs people off the event floor and chomps them into halfs with blood dripping while in front of his generals talking too him scheming attack plans upon Harpian-Fields / Ocean-Tower.

i saw these: and was instantly inspired.'
https://www.youtube....h?v=G2uCNd1AVJo  

https://www.youtube....h?v=qpe15cS05L8   

-Combining the two in my mind now as always. 

1. General Atlantian Labcoat Scientist 'Miyamoto' is often threatened

'You will be next' -if that happens his appearance in reality will be a bitten in half-teethmarked corpse in the realworld work-office at Nintendo.
2. He taps the floor erratically silently
while you're yelling or threatening him with attack.
-If you've ever played scary RPG games this - equivalent what he be.
3. Gives snarky/cryptical/threatening remarks while always talking about 'gameplay reality.'
Claiming by killing them off in his reality they will die in 'all reality' as it is their emulation of their actual lives.

4. ('Celebs die in threes, - the Triforce is not as people thinks - ..')

5. Mermaids are in fact- very, fickle things. -You attract them with shiney-objects swimming-pool/spas/shops/free-living/Healthcare + vending machines.' -BLAZZMA Knows this..
6. When you step into an old man's broken down doorway - you claim the land lord sent you and he pays you secret rupees. - MAN Owes Man to Live Upon Man's Own land.
-Sent by the 9 Generals in Blazzma's order.

Erratic Payments for living in his 'Ocean-Tower prison.'

I voted Orithan to be a fair Lizzy. //

because - ams soon gonna takes a chomp out of the tilesets next.

Dramatically - remodifying everything + added parts the set does not have implemented yet withins.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 02 October 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#15 EpY

EpY

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Voted for SkYLizardGirl this week!  :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, SkyLizardGirl, joelmacool12, ZeldaPlayer, Orithan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users