Photo

Flow of Time Remastered (Dawn Update: Soon)

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

#691 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:19 PM

You need to push the block to the purple tiles. When you do, a new block will spawn, this will keep happening till you got a block on all four of the purple floor tiles. You can't, however, push the block where you already have it. Once all blocks are in place you open up the path elsewhere in the dungeon.

Obderhode: maybe you should make the tiles you have to push the blocks too (the purple ones.) look more like switches?

#692 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

That red tile you lowered was also lowered on the right side of the dungeon on that same floor. :)

#693 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

With encouragement from Lunaria, I have decided to once again make another update to the quest. Lunaria was quite good at pointing out things that could make the quest better, and now I've changed quite a bit about the quest. I've always thought the quest was good, but when you actually get to watch someone play the quest, you sometimes notice things weren't either as intuitive as intended and/or harder than intended. I've also decided that MIDIs just don't do it for me, and now added MP3 quality songs, in the format OGG for smaller file size, to almost every single area of the game. I must say, that with the update, I have really gotten a renewed interest in ZC. The update is not ready yet, as I do fully intend for this to be the last major update, sans some strange bug fix or something, until I release another quest. But I actually do believe that will happen now, and when it does, that game will interact with Flow of Time unlocking more content.

The update will be out sometime this week probably at which time I plan to make some guide videos on this last version of the quest. This update really addresses some things that I should've just had in there in the first place. I encourage you guys to try it out when it is released!

General Changes:
• Enhanced music was added to almost all areas of the game.
• The Reversion Rondo functions better now and should not allow you to warp onto a solid tile anymore.
• There is less input delay when using the Timeshift Serenade (location warp song).
• You are now able to grab items with your sword.
• You are no longer damaged by your own candle fire.
• Aurelia now generally talks less at help giving tablets.
• Almost all block puzzles have directional indicators.
• The blue tunic is no longer a prize in Dungeon of Trials #2 and can be attained earlier.
• The mini map indicator of Link's position is now a different color, regardless of tunic held.
• A key counter was added to the passive subscreen.
• Bat enemies are now much less common.
• Bypassing the trial required by using the Reversion Rondo for Nayru's Love has been fixed.
• A super bomb shop was added in the Gly'cov Overworld.
• You can no longer sequence break into level 7. Because of this, the change below was made.
• You no longer have to run into the Goriya before you can buy Gly'cov Meat at the grocery.
• The song warp for Level 1 has changed from the swamp to Gly'cov Fields, near the village.
• Medusaeye monsters no longer give the DRUNK effect, but reduce your magic meter upon colliding with them.
• An HCP was removed from the ocean and added back to the past graveyard with the ring of floatation.
• An HCP was added on top of the Fairy of Nayru's haven.
• The By'rov side of the overworld in the past had some graphical fixes & shortcuts added through the pegasus boots.
• The enchanted magic ring now gives a more potent effect.
• A rock was moved that affected the Reversion Rondo enchanted key location in the By'rov Wastelands.
• Various tile/sound errors were fixed along with other small changes.

Dungeon Specific Changes:

LEVEL2
• Some traps were removed to make the dungeon easier.
• The dungeon hint room now requires you to use logic to solve the dungeon's main puzzle versus being flat out told.
• Rooms that you frequently visit that had vires (which always respawn) have been replaced with ropes. Now you should never have to leave the dungeon as Ropes provide easy income.

LEVEL3
• The music for the dungeon changed.
• The number of enemies in various rooms were reduced.
• The magic ring item, previously obtained in Level 6, is now obtained here.
• The dungeon hint room now requires you to use logic to solve the dungeon's main puzzle versus being flat out told.
• The dungeon has a new boss.

TRIALDUNGEON1
• There are no blue darknuts in the dungeon anymore.
• The magic shield is no longer contained in a chest so you don't accidentally get it.
• Enemy count was reduced.

LEVEL4
• Enemy count was reduced & the "shielded leever" and blue lanmola were removed as enemy types in the dungeon.
• Bomber Skeletons show up with less frequency now.
• Dogondos can no longer get stuck in flowers.

TURTLEROCK
• Complete overhaul. The central chamber is no longer blocked off by anything, it is just something you can walk to.
• You can now complete any segment of the dungeon in ANY order.
• Besides the Ring of Floatation, it now holds the Blue Tunic and a new boss encounter.
• To obtain the Blue Tunic, you complete the majority of what you used to have to complete, BUT it is a different dungeon
  essentially.
• Many of the Past Keese (Flying Eyes) have been removed.

LEVEL5
• The key room with 3 chasers that was impossible to avoid damage has been fixed.
• The LTTP goriya enemies holding a key have been removed.
• Some of the chaser traps have been removed.
• A glitch with the last update was fixed.
• A button switch that didn't ever look pressed was fixed.
• The dungeon boss now has two new attacks.

PYRAMID
• Enemy reduction & spawn location of the medusaeye monsters in 1st room were changed.
• Dark rooms on the lowest level are mostly removed.

LEVEL6
• The music for the dungeon changed.
• The puzzles in the beginning part of the dungeon were changed slightly, so that they make more sense.
• Significant enemy reduction.
• The room that required you to reflect wizzrobe magic for a key now always respawns them and has more of them.
• Several magic shooting statues were removed.
• Now contains a more powerful magic ring, known as the Augmented Magic Ring, that is almost as powerful as the Enchanted Magic ring used to be. This should alleviate magic issues!
• Some enemies never return and/or provide permanent unlocking of the door in the room.

TRIALDUNGEON2
• No longer holds the Blue Tunic.
• The path for completiion changed slightly as well as enemy reduction.

LEVEL7
• The room right before the boss key changed.
• The room with item disabling magic in Level 7 with ice near the boss key no longer
  has any enemies but an always respawning windrobe & no longer disables your items.
  By disabling, it made it impossible to use the lens of truth and that item is helpful there.

LEVEL8
• The help tablets now work.
• 2nd and 3rd mini boss changed.

TRIALDUNGEON3
• The King Darknut mini-boss can no longer walk on walls anymore.

Edited by Obderhode, 21 October 2015 - 05:13 PM.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#694 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

When I have the time I'll write up a new review. (I have a few of those I need to write. ._.)

#695 barefootguy

barefootguy

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

The side scrolling area in level 3 where you have to fall from ladder to ladder is cruel.  I think I've died 50 times so far trying to make the wide gap on the second screen.

#696 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Omg, I'm sorry! I never been told that area was unfair! If climb to the top of the latter and fall using only left/right, Link should easily clear the gap. If you press up/down though, he might fall in on some of the larger gaps.

#697 barefootguy

barefootguy

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Don't you need to press up to grab the next ladder though?

Edit:  I guess not.  That definitely made it much easier lol.

Edited by barefootguy, 20 October 2015 - 04:32 PM.

• Obderhode likes this

#698 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Update is now in the process of being released for the site! In order to gain the full experience from the update, you really should download the new ogg music files, which you can do so with the link below:

DOWNLOAD GAME MUSIC!

For a list of changes, check post #693. With these changes, I am truly proud of the game and if you had considered playing the game again / didn't like some things the first time and need a ZC game to play, I encourage you to try out the new version! Anyways, the game should be live on PureZC soon! If you are currently playing through, I encourage you to go ahead and update. It won't break anything, it'll just make the game even better. :)

Also, here is a download for the .qst file if you don't want to wait.

Edited by Obderhode, 28 October 2015 - 07:52 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#699 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm, so this should technically have a few changes since last time I played it? :o

• Obderhode likes this

#700 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:48 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm, so this should technically have a few changes since last time I played it? :o

Technically it would! :)

#701 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

Where is the blue talisman in level 6? I've been to every room on the level-6 map, except the one indicated below, and I can't figure out any way to get in that room. I'm using the Sep 5, 2015 version of this quest if it matters.

xP8owJV.png

#702 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

I actually had issues finding that in my last playthrough too. The way to that room is, two squares down and one right of it lies the room you want to search more thoroughly.

#703 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

Wow that's a big update!  Planning on a second run-through of the quest in the future so have deleted my old copy of the quest (which was quite old in regards to now lol) and downloaded this latest version.  Looks like a lot has changed...should be a different experience now! 

• Obderhode likes this

#704 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

@Marv:

Did you end up finding the blue talisman? If you haven't gotten it yet, you should update. Better music & that chest contains a more powerful magic ring. :)

@Soma:

Awesome! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the updated version as well.

#705 flitchard

flitchard

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

I'm stuck in level 4. I think I am JUST before the mini boss, but there's a locked door. 

(I just found a portal to the apst, and there is a southern locked door). The only key I can see requires the flippers or feather to reach...

Also, umm were the bridge building and maze in level 2 taken out??? I heard of the maze, but never saw it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users