Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted 51

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Moosh

Moosh

fug :DD

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's S:CA 51! That's the one that comes after S:CA 50, but isn't a significant number at all. Aww... :(

Requirements:
Screen Type: Dungeon
On-screen Criteria:

• Some kind of exterior element. While the screenshot doesn't necessarily have to be outside (although it certainly can be), it must at least have some element of "outside" in it (e.g. trees, cliffs).
  • It also has to be recognizable as a dungeon in some way, so keep that in mind.

And here are the entries:

Charizard
5PCXFWf_zpse0ad5142.png
windmill of harmony

joelmacool12
gcEf4lN_zps4faaa8fd.png
Be sure to whack some Algae!

klop422
zelda0692_zps128375c4.png
I know I've submitted this one before, but that was a different challenge. I'm lazy.

Master Maniac
gJC4MQ1_zpsd73cb2bd.png
That's a lot of lava. Good thing I wasn't carrying any diamonds...

Rastael
2b4fbcf509e4ea989ab3e07ed913d042_zps2c65
A dead end? You really think so?

CDi-Fails

s2by384_zps57938cf4.png

Something something air...wind...sky...floating temple. Checkmate, Nintendo.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#2 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Null'd. I do have some nice competition here. If I'd voted, it likely would've gone to Charizard. It's obviously part of a dungeon, but is completely exterior from that dungeon, which was kinda the point of the challenge.

Joelmacool: Green. Very much green. Structurally the screen is fine, but it's so overwhelmingly green that I can't find myself caring too much about that. I'd suggest breaking up the colors a bit. Even some brown tree trunks would be nice.

Klop422: Your shot feels very... Empty (for lack of a better term). While it does contain exterior elements, it's just not one of those screens that would grab my attention.

Master Maniac: You're terrible. Go die. *runs*

Rastael: I'm liking everything about this screen other than the palette. Structurally it's great. But the foresty stuff (though it's high contrast to the dungeon browns) seem a bit hindered by their color. I'd suggest a palette with brighter grass colors personally.

CDi-Fails, That's a great screen too. Issue is, it doesn't feel like part of a dungeon to me. More like an overworld area, or a separate overworld. The chest just doesn't make it scream "DUNGEON" to me.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

Went for Charizard yet again. He seems to be always wrecking these competitions these days lol. But anyway, that exterior man, it's amazing to look at.

#4 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Wow those shots are great :D

I nulled, because I'm in the contest.

#5 Shane

Shane

humble epic gamer

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Maybe I should make this dungeon of mine Level 0: Purple Tree.

(But seriously, I nulled. Enjoy the sneak peek of my forest dungeon from my quest.)

#6 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

I nulled because some of these screenshots are either too dungeon-like or not dungeon-like enough. I don't feel any of these shots have met the requirements and it leaves me hard to decide a winner as they are really nice shots. So being unable to decide which is best, I had to decide which fits the challenge best and unfortunately none of them does. :/

Still, amazing shots though

#7 Shane

Shane

humble epic gamer

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Well, the point of the challenge was to make a dungeon have outdoor elements, so it can be dungeon-like so long as there is grass, trees or even mountains. So I'm pretty sure most would fit the requirements perfectly.

My screen has a dungeon layout, so I thought mine was at the very least acceptable. :shrug:

Edited by Charizard, 06 July 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

fug :DD

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Charizard Shane Shanizard wins with 38.24% of the vote. Congrats!

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users