Photo

Screenshot of the Week 458

Demonlink Charizard legend27 Lightwulf Avataro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 458 (68 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Charizard

Charizard.jpg

Demonlink

Demonlink.jpg

Link wonders if he should get that HP or go to the dungeon... (Credits to Dragon de Platino for Koten)

legend27

legend27.jpg

Just imagine I have something awesome to say...

Lightwulf

Lightwulf.jpg

While exploring an eerie ravine in an underground desert, Link was haphazardly using his hookshot when *Chunk!* he hit something and it carried him into ...  a...  dark...  cavern.  ...  "Where the heck am I???" he thinks, as he dodges some bats flying around.

Oooh! A beach!! - oh. yeah, it's just a beach.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Spoiler

lol. beach screen and fitting music

Edited by Avataro, 04 June 2014 - 11:41 AM.

• Shane likes this

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Weekly reviews:

Charizard: ... I bet it says "It's all Shane's fault" right? :lol: Just kidding. But if I weren't in this week's contest, I would have voted for you for that amazing use of what seems to be the MC set. In all seriousness, what dus dat mean????

Demonlink: I won't bother reviewing you, you don't deserve my attention. 

legend27: I love how you have been improving you design skills with GB! :D However, the purple you modified in the Passive sub... hmmmm, I would have preferred the default color I made for ya, but if that's how you want it, then leave it as it is ;) I bet this location is where Level 1 is right?  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Lightwulf: Amazing use of your highly customized Classic set! And from I've read these past few days, I love the new location you mentioned. And this cavey atmosphere you want to give it to makes it perfect! :D I expect to be surprised as well when the final release is ready :)

Avataro: Simple yet solid. Me likes it! :D I could suggest you should have used a more brighter palette, but other than that, it works for me! :)

Edited by Demonlink, 01 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I love me some steamy cliffs.  Mmmmmm.

• Demonlink likes this

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Demonlink wins my vote this week. It once again wasn't even close. Man I feel like a broken record. :P
  • Demonlink likes this

#6 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

It was between Demon and Legend for me, but ultimately went with Demonlink. An amazing shot, really!

• Demonlink likes this

#7 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I went with Demonlink. Also I would like to also say thank you to Demonlink for teaching me how to make screens. If it wasn't for him I would of never been any good.

And also a side note on what Demonlink said the ss I made is for a side project I'm making.
  • Demonlink likes this

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Charizard - 0/10  Fail

c dunno lol (that is what it says :P)

Demonlink - 7/10

I like it but there is just to much going on here and it confuses me xD

legend27 - 9/10

My vote went here, this looks very pleasing to the eyes. :)

Lightwulf - 9/10

I had a hard time choosing between yours and legends, you have a very well made area looks nice and makes me want to explorer it.

But still I can't say much about it other then I like it ;)

Its well made, but it feels lacking somehow. I can't tell you what its missing but its something I can't put my finger on.

• Lightwulf likes this

#9 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I went with Demonlink. Also I would like to also say thank you to Demonlink for teaching me how to make screens. If it wasn't for him I would of never been any good.

And also a side note on what Demonlink said the ss I made is for a side project I'm making.

Told ya practice is the only way to go! :D Congrats man, you'll go a long way :clap:

I love me some steamy cliffs.  Mmmmmm.

Demonlink wins my vote this week. It once again wasn't even close. Man I feel like a broken record.  :P

It was between Demon and Legend for me, but ultimately went with Demonlink. An amazing shot, really!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate that you love my designs! :D

Edited by Demonlink, 01 June 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Charizard - 0/10 

c dunno lol (that is what it says :P All your fault!

That's better. :D

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Good turnout this week.

Charizard - Mmm hmm.

Demonlink - I do like the design and cloud effects, which blend well with other elements in the screen.  It is however, quite crowded.  I feel it tries to do more than one ZC screen can handle a lot of the time.

legend27 - Love the concept.  Link is standing on the bridge in observation of things to come.  I do criticize a few risky design choices that you have to question whether or not they are worth it, assuming this is used in a quest.  I agree on the placement of the bridge near the edge of the screen, to allow for it to be out of the way of what is going on beneath it, but at the same time, it might be a bit too close for functionality purposes.  If entering from the south, it might be too close for comfort, as you suddenly run into the bridge head on.  Perhaps the bridge could go one spot higher, with a few other necessary adjustments at play in response to that.  The open corner in the lower right, while not necessarily a wrong choice, could lead to a lot of compromises being made in nearby screens.  The open corner is very close to unwalkable spots.  This also includes some of the cliffs on the lower left.  I'd hate to get stuck there if I am able to enter from the screen to the left and run right into them.  Overall a great design, but with a few choices to modify the lower half.

Lightwulf - I confess to being the only person to vote for this screen so far.  It's a very simple screen in concept that I think is done quite well.  I like the usage of various shades of red to give the cave a certain lumination.  The ground details are also well done, and kept very subtle.

Avataro - This was my second favorite screen.  While not the most creative screen you will see, it is very pleasing to look at, and the design choices are solid.  It is neither underdone nor overdone.  This sort of screen is an easy pass for many quests, and thus very likely to be used.  To put it simply, it works.

• Lightwulf likes this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Voted for Legend, it looks amazingly well designed and the use of GB on that screen is phenomenal.

All I have to say about Charizard is: WAT

#13 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Thanks Eddy. I wouldn't of even been able to use Zc if I wouldn't of stumbled upon your tutorials for ZC.
  • Eddy and Avaro like this

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thanks Eddy. I wouldn't of even been able to use Zc if I wouldn't of stumbled upon your tutorials for ZC.

Oh, you followed my tutorials huh? I actually would've never known XD

• Parsnip likes this

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

[edited out]

lol. beach screen and fitting music

Best screen ever A++. ;)

But seriously, I must have been drunk because I don't remember submitting lol. If anyone can decipher that they must be a pretty pink mermaid princess... J/K.

Edited by Charizard, 02 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

• Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Charizard, legend27, Lightwulf, Avataro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users