Photo

Screenshot of the Week 456

Octorockoncrack Avataro coolgamer012345 EpY Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 456 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

I like water dungeons and big red chests.

coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345.png

[Link] This water is so clear...

EpY

EpY.png

Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack.png

"That moment when you realize just how far you've come..."

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Dat Koten :D (Credits to DdP)

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Octorockoncrack wins, everyone go home.

• The Satellite, Octorockoncrack, Eddy and 2 others like this

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Octorock takes my vote as well. That screen is just... beautiful beyond words.
  • The Satellite and Octorockoncrack like this

#4 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

I voted for Avataro. It's a simple screen in some ways, but looked so convincingly like LttP that I thought it deserved my vote.

coolgamer: I love the color choice and the pattern of the dungeon walls, but the screen itself is a little bit plain.

EpY: A nice screen that looks like something straight out of a GB Zelda. I like it ... but maybe you could have done more with the different ground colors?

Octorokoncrack: A nice screen with nice atmosphere. I love how you integrated the clouds and the mountain. Personally, the multicolored stars looked more like debris in the air, and the cloud style seems to clash with the classic tileset.

Demonlink: Nice screen, showcasing a nifty new tileset. I'm not a fan of those transparent blue clouds, myself.

• Avaro likes this

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Demonlink wins my vote. It wasn't even close in my opinion.
  • Demonlink likes this

#6 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

I absolutely LOVE the atmosphere that Octorokoncrack has created with his screen, but Demonlink's is amazingly designed...

I'm gonna go with Octorok, because it reminds me of an idea I had...

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

To me, it was a tough one between Demonlink and OctorockOnCrack.

I was originally for OOC, until I felt his image was rather bland and depended on atmosphere alone. 

I voted for Demonlink. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 18 May 2014 - 09:12 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#8 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

Ohhh...for me, it's not even a contest here. Great job, Demonlink! You got a lot of mileage out of those little cliff tiles. :D

• Demonlink likes this

#9 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Coolgamer wins.

I don't see the appeal in OoC's. It's a mishmash of styles that doesn't work well for me. Avataro's and EpY's are a bit bland. Demonlink's is the only one with any real problems. It seems really busy. What am I looking at?

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

I voted for EpY. I like the graphics and it looks like it could have been a part of the official Gameboy Zelda games.

• EpY likes this

#11 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

I voted for, Demonlink. No contest. You did a wonderful job, man!

• Demonlink and EpY like this

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Avataro - Looks like a pretty good water dungeon screen, on par with similar screens I have seen from high quality quests.

coolgamer012345 - Its main flaw is that it is a very safe screen.  Nothing is misused, but at that same time, not much is being used in the first place.  It lacks that extra pizazz and enthusiasm.  It's certainly something to continue from, though.

EpY - A decently structured screen from a holistic standpoint.  However, you could use a more interesting approach with the tree and grass placements.  Nextdoor trees could do more than be placed perfectly adjacent to each other, and the grass could use some more detail.  Even very subtle differences (which I especially like) in grass tiles can spice things up greatly.

Octorockoncrack - My second favorite of the bunch.  Easily the most unique of the screens for this week.  Good detail with the clouds, as subtle as those details are.

Demonlink - My game ball goes here.  While it doesn't have the best looking palette of the bunch, I really do like the graphics, and I find the screen design and details to be the most superior for this week.  Considering the terrain type, I think a different color for those transparent clouds might work better.  Perhaps something more brownish?  You'd have to experiment of course.

• Octorockoncrack, Demonlink and EpY like this

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Octorokoncrack wins this one for me. All the others were pretty close, save for Coolgamer; sorry btw, but it just needed a bit more oomph and more things on the screen, but hey, it's a good starting point!

But Octorokoncrack's shot is definitely really the most appealing this week, and I love the use of the clouds on that screen, great job!

• Octorockoncrack likes this

#14 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

for me it was between Avataro's Standard Dungeon Fare and Coolio's Link Pees Into Pool.  I went with Avataro's.  the rest were decent.

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

I voted for the octorock because that looks so good :D. The clouds work really well in the tileset and the background is nice.

Coolgamer could've used more details. (just as mine) ;)

EpY's screen is is almost perfect! I just don't like the colors/palette, but that's not your fault. I would've voted here if octorock's screen wouldn't be in the contest.

Demonlink has a really good screen too and I don't even mind the color of the clouds. :D Well, it looks a bit like water at the bottom of the screen.

• Octorockoncrack and EpY like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Octorockoncrack, Avataro, coolgamer012345, EpY, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users