Photo

Screenshot of the Week 438

Rambly EddyTheOliveira jetbox Demonlink Avataro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 438 (48 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrator

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

EddyTheOliveira

EddyTheOliveira.png

I submitted this in S:CA, so why not here too? :P

Rambly

Rambly.png

jetbox

jetbox.png

Whew, just missed that Zora Fireball.

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Locked entrance to Forgotten Ruins! :O

This was my entry for the very first Screenshot Challenge.

#2 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

I voted for Demonlink. It really was a really hard choice this round, but Demonlink's dark forest screen hinting the prescene of a dungeon was what pulled me in.

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

I'm a day-wulf, not a night-wolf!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Wow! Guess I'm the first to vote this time! Hasn't happened before. Edit: But, thanks to Charizard, not the first to post.  Oh well! No harm done. ;) I just took too long on typing mine.

Not much action going on in the shots.  Jetbox's shot has the most action regarding enemies, so I'll give him that. :)  Eddy's shot looks great, but woulda' looked better taken in action, with Link and enemies in the shot.  Same thing for Rambly's shot.

Ultimately, I decided to vote for Demonlink.  Not only are the graphics nice, he really created a place that has a certain, kinda' spooky feel to it.  The sun shining through the trees really makes it feel like this is a forgotten place!  :thumbsup:

My second choice would've been Avataro, though.  I love it! :D  Nice swampy scene!

Edited by Lightwulf, 14 January 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Remilia looks better with grey/green hair.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

I went with Rambly this week. That palette is gorgeous.

#5 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Rambly.

Next time make those streetlights illuminate a bit.

#6 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Nulled because I'm in it... to win it.

Good luck to all that entered!

• Jared likes this

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I've gotta go with Avataro this time. The shot is well constructed and the scene has a certain calmness about it without using a dull palette.

#8 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Rambly is my goddess, Rambly is my vote.

As always, a very inspired and interesting screen.

#9 Jared

Jared

Boop

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

EddyTheOliveira- This is a very nice screen. I like the varying ground tiles, and the moving sand. The huge torches also add a wonderful feeling to the screen. The colors bring it all together. 9/10.

Rambly- I remember this screen! A very nice village screen, to say the least. It's balanced nicely, and the straight road looks nice. They're hard to make nice sometimes, actually. My only complaints are how small the benches are compared to the bushes, and the weird feathers/leaves on the top left. Now, get rid of the fence and let's go adventuring!! :P 9/10.

Jetbox- An average screen. Nothing very special about it. The shape of the water is nice, though. The random empty patches of grass look a bit odd as well. Not very Screenshot of The Week worthy, in my eyes. 6/10.

Demonlink- An amazing forest screen! I like the stone ground, and the pathway at the top of the screen. I wonder where it leads? A temple? The colors are wonderful as well. My only problems with this screen are that it's a bit too monotone, and scattered bushes like the way you placed then could get annoying. Also, I'm not a fan of so many kinds of bushes in one area. 9/10.

Avataro- I remember this screen as well! This screen is amazing. Nice color balance, and I love the waterfall. The only thing that ruins it for me is the mountain type you used. 8/10.

In the end, I voted for EddyTheOliveira. I think its a perfect balance of everything a screen needs, and it's nice seeing a great temple screen! Everyone did wonderful this week. :)

• Rambly and Shane like this

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Rambly's is absolutely gorgeous, like a movie.

#11 JetBox

JetBox

No Box to be Found

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Nulled, in it.

Jetbox- An average screen. Nothing very special about it. The shape of the water is nice, though. The random empty patches of grass look a bit odd as well. Not very Screenshot of The Week worthy, in my eyes. 6/10.

Don't like the empty patches of grass? I use them to add a small bit of realism. If you go to a forest, there isn't grass everywhere on the ground. Sometimes there are splotches of dirt. But maybe I put to much. I might change. Also, don't think it is Screenshot of the Week worthy? Man, I can't find a screen that is good. I post my best screens, and then there is a problem with perspective, other screens have a problem with very little detail, then I try a screen with detail, and then they are still not detailed enough. I just got to find my rythem.

Also, I know the tileset doesn't matter, but does it being Classic diminish it, and If I made it in let's say Dance of Remembrance, would it get a better rating? I am trying to find out why my screens aren't doing well. I can only use Classic, as I am very challenged with art and such, like tilesets.

• Demonlink likes this

#12 Demonlink

Demonlink

Experienced Quest Developer

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Nulled, in it.

Don't like the empty patches of grass? I use them to add a small bit of realism. If you go to a forest, there isn't grass everywhere on the ground. Sometimes there are splotches of dirt. But maybe I put to much. I might change. Also, don't think it is Screenshot of the Week worthy? Man, I can't find a screen that is good. I post my best screens, and then there is a problem with perspective, other screens have a problem with very little detail, then I try a screen with detail, and then they are still not detailed enough. I just got to find my rythem.

Also, I know the tileset doesn't matter, but does it being Classic diminish it, and If I made it in let's say Dance of Remembrance, would it get a better rating? I am trying to find out why my screens aren't doing well. I can only use Classic, as I am very challenged with art and such, like tilesets.

Your shot is actually pretty good Jetbox, just keep on building man and don't let comments get to you. Think of it this way, it's your shot, your likes and your designs right? :D

#13 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

But at the same time, it shouldn't hurt reciving feedback. If you want to build it the way you want it, so be it, but people are entitled to not like it and have a say on how to improve your designer skills. :)
  • Jared likes this

#14 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Rambly's is the only one I even kind of like. also, my cat, Zora, looks like a penguin when she's not wearing her necklace.

#15 JetBox

JetBox

No Box to be Found

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

But at the same time, it shouldn't hurt reciving feedback. If you want to build it the way you want it, so be it, but people are entitled to not like it and have a say on how to improve your designer skills. :)

Actually, I wasn't taking disliking toward this, but I was mainly asking for what could be done to make it better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rambly, EddyTheOliveira, jetbox, Demonlink, Avataro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users