Photo

Screenshot of the Week 416

Franky L L L L L LINK Dwiese1998 nicklegends strike

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 416 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

L L L L L LINK
L%20L%20L%20L%20L%20LINK.png
Yes, I'm shooting a Rupee. (Perlar's Quest Level 2)

Franky
Franky.png
Don't touch the lava!!

Dwiese1998
Dwiese1998.png
What a strange looking swamp...

nicklegends
nicklegends.png
I can see why they call it "Wishbone Ridge." Do I feel lucky?

strike
strike.png
Think Fast.

#2 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Think I forgot to layer the middle part of the stairs. I really thought I layered the entire thing. Whoops!

We can't have a shot with glancing tile errors on the front page of purezc. So I advise people who were going to vote for me, to vote for someone else. Act as if I didnt enter I guess.  Sorry guys!

Edited by Franky, 24 June 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

StutterLink: Nice to see BS in use, but there's nothing all that special about the screen; just a plain square dungeon shot

Ball Park Frank: Got my vote. I like the palette and BS mountains.

Dah Wice: Pretty standard GB screen. I also thought it was odd that you used 2 different dirt transitions.

The Legend of Nick: I like the mountain shape. Unfortunately, the ground seems a tad bland.

Attack: Nothing much to say about this one, just a normal classic dungeon.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

L L L L L LINK
Seems like a pretty standard BS screen, save the rupee being shot. I guess the ends of those things do look rather sharp.

Franky
A nice, bright, appealing screen. The angularity of the lava pools annoys me a bit, but it's nothing Nintendo wouldn't do.

Dwiese1998
The colors are really unappealing, but I suppose they match the swamp theme well. The bigger issue is that this screen lacks a central focus.

nicklegends
Those colors look murky on such a bright background. I bet the scene looked better in ZQuest. In any case, I feel you could incorporate a little more variety into the screen. As of now, there are some nice hills and a few trees, but some other detail would be nice.

strike
The setting is funny, but there's not much in the way of aesthetics.

#5 Dwiese1998

Dwiese1998

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

I nulled but i would vote for franky, that lava looks pretty groovy. :P

Also about the colors, they look a bit different then they look in zc, in zc they dont look like pee-ey water.. haha

Edited by Dwiese1998, 25 June 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#6 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

I was stuck between Franky and Dwiese1998, but then Franky said not to vote for him. Problem solved.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Link6: (is it okay to call you that? I feel like I saw it somewhere before..)

This is a basic BS screen, but that's not a bad thing. It just doesn't bring a lot to the table in terms of unique or original layouts. I love me a good BS quest though. And the rupee thing is clever, I made a slingshot item that fires rupees in my quest.

Franky:

Loving the lava tiles here. My only suggestion is maybe make that stone in the stream on the right black (or the same color as the 'dirt' tiles), so it looks more like cooled lava. Btw, does it sink in the lava?

Dwiese1998:

I voted for this. I love the atmosphere of it. 

nicklegends:

I like the idea you're going for here, but I think ZC's screen size messes with it. This area would benefit greatly from a screen that follows Link. Is that small, two-platform cliff structure the wishbone part?

strike:

That looks evily fun to play. It looks like there are only two tiles that can be completely safe, which makes this a solid challenge (even if it is a bit hard for some players, myself included, probably). Despite the basic design, this would be my runner up just cause it looks like something that just.. hurts my mind.. But in a good way.

Also, nice turn out this week

#8 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Anthus- Finally someone who gets the shot! :) I don't think any one else really even understood what was going on. :lol: The blocks you see are pushable and block all lasers. It really is a fun screen ( Even though it is evil ). It's very satisfying to see the Wizzrobes kill them selves as you're perfectly safe.

And I agree completely with everybody else that the screen isn't very aesthetically pleasing. But the gameplay is so that's why I entered. :)

-Strike

#9 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

L L L L L LINK because I like how sharp it is and also because I like how the classic tileset is changed a little to make it look better. Nice!

#10 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

All pretty good. The rupee shot is what made me vote for the 1st one. Solely on that alone, it's too close to call.

#11 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

I went with L L L L L Link's shot. Something about a simply but well constructed BS shot feels nostalgic. Has that classic 1.90 feel to it. The other entries were good too.

Franky would be number 2 for me. I overall like the shot but the pallet is a little hard on my eyes. I do like the construction of the shot though.

Nicklegend's shot I'm having trouble with the perspective.

Dwiese's shot I'm not too fond of the pallet.

Strike's is a little too simple but I enjoy the premise of the shot.

Nice turnout everyone.

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

This week's winner is Franky!

Franky

Franky.png

Don't touch the lava!!

Congrats!! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Franky, L L L L L LINK, Dwiese1998, nicklegends, strike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users