Custom BossesGanon Triforce (whole)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm nearing the end of my first quest, which is being made with (I'm sorry, but I've chosen to stick with) version 2.10.

What I want to do is have a Ganon enemy with "Enemies->Secret" set to warp Link to a different room once defeated. (I'd rather not explain the details further; that's the gist of what I need to do for a custom boss.) However, I don't want this Ganon enemy to die like regular Ganon where he disintegrates and leaves a whole Triforce in his ashes; I don't want the Triforce to appear.

Is this possible by just assigning the Ganon enemy to the screen?  :)  Or, will the Triforce still appear even if it's just the enemy (and not the "Ganon" room type)?  :?

Also, will the Ganon enemy still explode into ashes (without the room type set)?

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm not sure, but I think everything about Ganon (except HP and damage) is hard-coded. You'll need to design your own Ganon for that.

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

It wouldn't be a terribly complicated script if I'm not mistaken. You'd just need to remove the dust pile and Triforce right as Ganon dies but before the player can see it, right?

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Except scripting isn't possible in 2.10 as far as I know. You probably should make an entire custom boss :)

#5 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Except scripting isn't possible in 2.10 as far as I know. You probably should make an entire custom boss :)

Ah, didn't see that it was 2.10. Unfortunately, not even using enemy->secrets to change the floor to warp tiles would work, because Ganon rooms aren't considered "enemy-less" until the big Triforce gets picked up. In 2.10, there's really no way to do this. Ganon is way to hard coded and quirky to get something like this done. Even in 2.5, it would require some scripting.

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Dang. Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like it won't be as easy as I was hoping.

Looks like completely custom is what I'll have to deal with. I guess I could find a way to have floor tiles that cycle combos from "(None)" to "Statue" and have the "Statues Shoot Fire" flag checked. Or just have the enemy in one spot between screens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users