Photo

Screenshot of the Week 378

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 378 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Moosh
IPB Image
This tileset is not good. This tileset is nothing special. This tileset was made as a joke. But this tileset is exclusive. You will never have it. You will never make a quest with it. And that makes you want it. I'm a jerk like that.

Keiichi123
IPB Image
"What a beautiful view!"

Cukeman
IPB Image
Link, as the Zoran Elder, I am asking, no…
I am BEGGING you to cleanse our Temple!

Dragonite
IPB Image

#2 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Moosh: In a way, you're right. I do kind of want that tileset. STOP PLAYING MIND GAMES WITH ME!

Keiichi123: This is a nice shot overall, but I don't quite understand why the mountain tiles change color abruptly. If it's supposed to be fog, I'm not sure the effect is coming off the way you had hoped.

Cukeman: I'm definitely a fan of this shot. My only critiques are that 1) the color is slightly monotonous (though it's water/ice, so there's really only so much you can do inherently) and 2) the top of the cave. It appears that the top of the cave is water, which is implies that the ice on top of the cave melted. This makes it look like the cave entrance is somehow maintaining itself even though the top of it melted.

Dragonite: This is a nice shot, despite being very bright. However, it looks very similar to the last Rokai Falls shot you submitted. =/

My vote this week goes to Cukeman. I like the originality in style.

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Aug 21 2012, 08:04 PM) View Post

Keiichi123: This is a nice shot overall, but I don't quite understand why the mountain tiles change color abruptly. If it's supposed to be fog, I'm not sure the effect is coming off the way you had hoped.

Oh, that's supposed to be shade caused by overhead clouds. But I get what you're saying.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Keiichi or Dragonite. Both of you play rock paper scissors whoever wins gets my vote.

Moosh - A masterpiece. Period.

Cukeman - This shot is very confusing. It looks so blue that I can't tell which tile is water, which tile is ice, which tile is a Zora, etc.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 21 2012, 11:38 PM) View Post

Keiichi or Dragonite. Both of you play rock paper scissors whoever wins gets my vote.

I won.

Edited by Dragonite, 22 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#6 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Dragonite @ Aug 22 2012, 02:53 PM) View Post

I won.

I think by the edit of his post, you can tell that I beat him with Paper icon_razz.gif
IPB Image

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Moosh - Nope, don't want it. icon_deformed.gif That said, it's not a bad shot nor bad design, although the mountain tiles look sorta like a wall of trees that are super-smooshed together, and something feels off about the grass, but the design is good. icon_thumbsup.gif

Keiichi123 - I really like it, and I almost voted for it, but there are a few issues. The fog for instance looks unnatural and discolored, and just above the bridge and just outside the fog there appears to be a tile error on the cliffs. Also, what are those three circles on the left of the screen, to the right of the tall grass? O_o

Cukeman - This one stands apart from the other entries, it's complex and not cluttered, and, well, it just looks good. I really like it, so it got my vote. icon_smile.gif

Dragonite - This one just feels too familiar to your other works. Like, it's very similar to another shot you've released, or at least feels that way. That's not to say that it's bad, but it just feels like I've seen this sort of thing before. It is indeed a good shot, though.

#8 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 22 2012, 05:24 PM) View Post

Keiichi123 - I really like it, and I almost voted for it, but there are a few issues. The fog for instance looks unnatural and discolored, and just above the bridge and just outside the fog there appears to be a tile error on the cliffs. Also, what are those three circles on the left of the screen, to the right of the tall grass? O_o

I noticed the tile error on the mountains after Sotw 378 was posted icon_frown.gif

I kind of disagree with the "fog", but hey, what ever appeals to the voters icon_razz.gif

And the three circles are cut grass silly icon_razz.gif I need to edit them though...

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

I like Dragonite's screenshot best. It's not pretentious, but it's still pretty.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Moosh - 5 votes = 11.63%
Keiichi123 - 15 votes = 34.88%
Cukeman - 12 votes = 27.91%
Dragonite - 11 votes = 25.58%

Total Votes: 43

Keiichi123
IPB Image