Supindahood

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

IPB Image

- a 2D Zelda fangame in the tMC style -

By Bermuda Productions
Gonken, InvertedMean, Rayo, Sheik, Freki

~~~

This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Every night when stars rose upon Hyrule, the Dreamkeepers watched over the slumber of the Hylians, from their place beyond the edge of reality.

But one fateful night, when the dreamers where heavy with worry, the Nightmares ascended from the darkness.

The Nightmares plagued the people and soon all hope was lost. With the source of their power withering, the Dreamkeepers began to dissappear.

That was when destiny had a chosen hero...

Traveling beyond the borders of the waking world, the hero felled the nightmares and brought back peace upon the dreams of the people.

The hope returned in the hearts of the Hylians.

~~~

.:Preamble:.
Goal of this project is to create an authentic 2D "tLoZ" fangame with a Gameplay experience similar to that of Nintendo's 2004 Game Boy Advance title "tLoZ: The Minish Cap".
The game is created with Gamemaker 8.1. "Echoes of Aurelia" takes place in a surrealistic setting that is meant to make players wonder and immerse themselves in the world we have imagined.
The game does not try to fit anywhere in the Zelda timeline, though it does use content that has been introduced in the official Zelda titles.

[/hr]

.:Story:.
The Dreamkeepers of Aurelia watch over the slumber of the Hylians. Their task is it to feed the realm of Hyrule with hope.
As Aurelia is formed by the dreams of the Hylians, it is not only a happy place.
The nightmares that plague the Hylians are threatening to bring peril over the Dream Realm.
An evil imp by the name of Alp is summoning ever more nightmares in the sleep of the Hylians bringing more and more danger to Aurelia.

Through a twist of fate, Link and Princess Zelda end up being torn into the realm of Aurelia. To save the princess, Link has to awaken the Dreamkeepers and learn a mysterious melody that has the power to drive the nightmares away: the Echoes of Aurelia.

[/hr]

.:Setting:.
Aurelia is the Realm of Dreams, guarded by the Dreemkeepers.
The world of Aurelia is created by the dreams of the Hylians and thus you can come across basically anything, nothing is really impossible in Aurelia.
Its landscapes are floating islands with elemental themes. For example, one continent is made of forests whereas another is shaped by great amounts of sand.

Echoes of Aurelia centers largely around the use of music to interact with and navigate through the world.
The Ocarina will see an comeback, in all its OoT glory with many new melodies and some old and trusted ones! Much like its predecessor in spirit, the Ocarina will be played by pressing different buttons. Play your song and Aurelia will listen!

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

[/hr]

.:Feature: the Whispering Woods:.
The Whispering Woods is the first continent Link travels to on his quest to save the realm of dreams.
It's a number of areas that consists of different kinds of forests. Deep within the Whispering Woods, Skyforest Shrine, lies hidden.

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

[/hr]

.:Music:.
TLoZ: EoA features custom music. Original score written by Bermuda Productions own composer, InvertedMean.
Featured Songs @ Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.co...zelda-echoes-of

[/hr]

Youtube channel:
IPB Image

Gameplay Trailer, first look:

[/hr]

.:Final Comments:.
The game lays great emphasis on the gameplay experience by putting lots of devotion into well written lore, intelligent coding, artistic map design, and wonderful music.

IPB ImageIPB Image

[/hr]

.:Credits:.
Nintendo(the Legend of Zelda franchise, various sprites and sounds from various official Zelda titles), Moffett(sprite ideas), Linkus(various sprites), HelpTheWretched(sound effects), Desgardes(sprites), ndchristie(plant sprites), Xfixium(coding), Migokalle(sprites).

[/hr]

.:Support Bar:.

IPB Image

Just copy this code into your signature!:
CODE
[url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54952][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r3fOL.png[/IMG][/url]

This topic will keep you updated with news and progress, more screenshots will be added over time and new music will be uploaded to our channel.

Edited by Supindahood, 15 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

Irony.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Looks pretty great! I'll be sure to play it if it ever is released icon_wink.gif

#3 InvertedMean

InvertedMean

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Pure epicness if I may say so myself.

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

You should throw together a video of the engine in action. Just for the kicks of it.

Anyways, nice that you eventually made the announcement. icon_smile.gif

I am much less involved with this as people might first suspect since it originially was Joe's and mine game. For the most part, I used to have a big say in concepts and such but with my university duties taking over I have not been involved with this actively for the past few months. And MotM is my main project to begin with anyways (when I have more time again that is).

#5 Supindahood

Supindahood

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Dragonite @ May 23 2012, 12:52 PM) View Post

Looks pretty great! I'll be sure to play it if it ever is released icon_wink.gif

Thanks! Compared to my other project this (at least) has a proper and almost complete story by Yoshimi, and most of the features of the game is already planned. And we have the basic Engine with most of the stuff/features complete already. icon_razz.gif
Gameplay footage will be up in a few days/weeks.

We have been working on this since February, I think. And we will continue working with it as we keep it at a medium size (of 6 dungeons) and most important; try to actually finish this project. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Gonken, 23 May 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I want a support bar.
Edit: Also, everybody, make sure to check out the music. The names of the songs give away some of the content that the game will feature. But more importantly , they are beautiful icon_smile.gif

Edited by Yoshimi, 23 May 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#7 Supindahood

Supindahood

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ May 23 2012, 01:06 PM) View Post

I want a support bar.

Of course, I have this support bar, but I may edit it and whatnot:

IPB Image

CODE
[url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54952][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r3fOL.png[/IMG][/url]

#8 InvertedMean

InvertedMean

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

The EoA related music on my SoundCloud will be deleted and is moved to our YouTube channel.

Thanks for all the good feedback! Been working really hard with the music, pumping out around 4 songs each studio session.

Big thanks to everyone related to the project, you're all doing a great job!

#9 Jared

Jared

The delayed hero

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Wow...I certainly wasn't expecting this at all!
Looks splendid so far. Gonken, now i know why you wanted me to be so excited!!! ;D

Good luck with it, and I'm looking forward to more! Yay!!

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

On the one hand, this looks awesome. EoA was one of the quests I was most looking forward to, and seeing it revived is awesome. On the other hand though, with the switching of engines and graphics, it looks... well to be completely honest, it doesn't have the same charm the original did. It's cool and all, but the screenshots don't just drag me in, mouth agape, eyes wide. However, I just listened to one of the songs, and it was quite awesome, so at least the music for the game seems amazing.

#11 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

This looks very amazing! The soundtrack is wonderful too!

#12 Supindahood

Supindahood

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 23 2012, 08:40 PM) View Post

On the one hand, this looks awesome. EoA was one of the quests I was most looking forward to, and seeing it revived is awesome. On the other hand though, with the switching of engines and graphics, it looks... well to be completely honest, it doesn't have the same charm the original did. It's cool and all, but the screenshots don't just drag me in, mouth agape, eyes wide. However, I just listened to one of the songs, and it was quite awesome, so at least the music for the game seems amazing.

I thought about this too, I'll try to make the areas feel and look more like they did in the original, I planned this for the other part of the overworld, and a lot of areas hopefully already do. However, this engine allows for more gameplay features than the standard ZQ engine does. We might change some of the tiles to more unique ones, and be sure to look out for new screenshots, they may change anytime. icon_smile.gif

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 24 2012, 04:40 AM) View Post

IPB Image
That's a screen (months ago, I bet things changed a bit already) from the Tidal Forest area of the Whispering Woods island. Better? icon_wink.gif

Edited by Yoshimi, 24 May 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Better, yes. But still not exactly on par with the old EoA. Maybe it's just the graphics. I'll be honest: Minish Cap graphics seem a bit boring to me. Like, you seen one, you've seen 'em all. I miss some of the lighthearted palettes and the more mind-blowing tile use from the old EoA. Like in these screens:
IPB Image IPB Image

So far, what I've seen from the new EoA is nice, but it just doesn't have the same kinda of "Whoa..." factor as those old screens.

#15 Jared

Jared

The delayed hero

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 24 2012, 02:13 PM) View Post

Better, yes. But still not exactly on par with the old EoA. Maybe it's just the graphics. I'll be honest: Minish Cap graphics seem a bit boring to me. Like, you seen one, you've seen 'em all. I miss some of the lighthearted palettes and the more mind-blowing tile use from the old EoA. Like in these screens:
IPB Image IPB Image

So far, what I've seen from the new EoA is nice, but it just doesn't have the same kinda of "Whoa..." factor as those old screens.

I totally agree. While the new MC-ified screens have their own kind of feel, they're not the same. I didn't expect them too, but now it's too similar to Minish Cap. Plus. The mountains. Oh God...so square an unappealing.

The old EoA had a different kind of charm, as said before. Using an edited Pure Remembrance made it very nice. Now, when I play the new EoA, I'll be thinking "Oh, kind of like an edit of Minish Cap!"

Not to bring you down, my friends. But it just doesn't seem as appealing as the original. Maybe you can start pulling away from the MC look, for a more original look?

Edited by Jared, 24 May 2012 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users