Photo

Screenshot of the Week 355

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 355 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Mighty big sorry. Was getting ready to post this last night, but I ended up getting sidetracked, and after that, fell asleep. icon_frown.gif

Yoshidude
IPB Image

Feenicks
IPB Image
I used my 1250th post and all I got was this lousy Classic dungeon.

Anthus
IPB Image
Link stands atop the highest peak in the Eldin Crater

Dawnlight
IPB Image
Ribbit...ribbit...ribbit...

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

This week...JUST. TOO. GOOD. I possibly can't choose right now. But all I can say is great job, EVERYONE!!

#3 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Nice GB-pic, Yoshidude. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yoshidude - Good shot, no complaints, but I'd cover up the ground at the top of the screen, the tiles flanking the waterfall. Those just don't look right there. That's the only issue I see with this screen.

Feenicks - ... it's kinda bland. Not a whole lot going on here...

Anthus - Beautiful. I sense possibly some coloration issues with the background mountains, but that could just be me. This screen is epic, and easily has my vote.

Dawnlight - Really good shot. Not much else I can say.

#5 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

icon_smile.gif

Yes good shot Yoshidude voted icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yoshidude: Great screen Yoshidude. I find it to be a very solid GB screen. Keep it up!

Feenicks: Highly interesting Classic Styled Dungeon shot Feenicks! Very cool concept you have here. icon_biggrin.gif

Anthus: Loving this screen Anthus! Very solid Classic style you have going here. Very interested in seeing more!

Dawnlight: Beautiful screen Dawnlight! The detail you give to your screens is always wonderful. icon_biggrin.gif Awesome!

Very difficult choice this week, as they are all wonderful screen! In the end, I have to choose, and that choice is Anthus, with Dawnlight basically in a tie. If I could choose 2, I'd have voted for both of them! Love the screens guys!!

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Although I'm one of the participants, I still voted for Anthus - 8/10. That lava is just fantastic and it's hard to believe you can pull off something like that in Classic.

Yoshidude - 6/10: "Plain and Simple" is the best way I describe this screen. If you would have entered the screen that you thought was bad from OSSCT, I would have voted for it.

Feeniks - 5/10: - Don't like the walls and there really isn't much going for it. icon_shrug.gif

#8 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

I voted for Feenicks; that is one of the first Zelda dungeons I have seen with a somewhat correct perspective.

#9 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Anthus would've got my vote had I not entered, because that is a really nice volcano going on there. I'm pretty sure I've seen Yoshidude's before, and Dawnlight's just feels a bit too generically PR-esque, if that's a thing. (also that's a terrible road you got there what with the path being completely made of swamp)
As for my own shot... I guess there's not much you can expect when you submit a square dungeon using one of the original [Z1] room layouts?
Also this is the aforementioned 1250th post; I was posting from the future there. Also because posts in the submission box don't count towards your post count.
Also also sorry russ i think for not getting those desert dungeon tiles to you were you planning on using them anytime soon

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Feenicks, I love your Classic stuff. I voted for your screen. Anthus' screen was close second this time. The other two are nice, too.
Dawnlight, why don't you try a palette like the one Avataro used in his latest SotW? The green water would work just perfect with these frogs.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

Voted for Dawnlight, closely second is Freenicks. Anthus' is alright, but the background is too distracting and Yoshidude doesn't have a "wow" factor like the others and not to mention he is using the waterfall wrong (like I said in the screenshot thread).

Edited by Shane, 31 January 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#12 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

I must say, Feenicks, I love those classic walls!!

Are those the fire guys from the original Donkey Kong? Sweeet!! (Took me a minute or two to see it, you know, because of the trailing fire.) Even if that's not the intent, I still like 'em.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Jan 31 2012, 12:57 AM) View Post

Feenicks, I love your Classic stuff. I voted for your screen. Anthus' screen was close second this time. The other two are nice, too.
Dawnlight, why don't you try a palette like the one Avataro used in his latest SotW? The green water would work just perfect with these frogs.

This area is not a swamp area. I was going for a misty theme with this map.

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jan 31 2012, 07:07 PM) View Post

This area is not a swamp area. I was going for a misty theme with this map.

I see. Do you remember the fog that was used in LttP in the Lost Woods (I believe)? In new1st, there's a nice (edited?) ripped version of the tiles. Such fog might greatly add atmosphere to a misty area.

#15 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Voted for Feenicks, I love those walls. Anthus almost got my vote, your screen is very good aswell! Was hard deciding between these two, but I decided to go for fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users