Photo

Screenshot of the Week 348

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 348 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Sepulcher
IPB Image
Link gazes into the temple standing before him, pondering the mysteries of what may lie inside.

Twinblake
IPB Image
Piece of Heart =/= Rock!

Nolornbon
IPB Image
Link has reached the top of a mountain in an area covered with forests. He notices his first dungeon in Evervale to get a golden merkabah from, which is an abandoned fortress. He shakes with fear when he sees the dungeon, but then he remembers that Zelda is with him. That is the story behind this cut-scene screen.

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Sepulcher won my vote this week. icon_smile.gif Digging the tileset.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I am really feeling the love in these shots!

Sepulcher- I like the palette, but it just feels...too plain. I know there's not much to fit, but I know you can do better. 6/10.

Twinblake- Wonderful use of the GB tileset! No complaints here! 9/10.

Nolornbon- This screen is amazing. However, there is a lot to nitpick. There is no grass detail. Also, why are there people in front of an ancient temple? Doesn't seem logical. But, it is my favorite screen. So, 7/10.

Edited by Jared, 11 December 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

I voted for Sepulcher despite that shot with that building being winning shots at least twice. One by NoeL and one by Yoshimi.

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I went with Twinblake this week. I think this is a well built GB shot. icon_smile.gif

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

I didn't vote Sepulcher 'cuz SotW 204. I'm not claiming anything is wrong with that.
I just felt like I'd been there and done that.

Nolornbon has a nice tileset, but I didn't like the zelda overlay or the lettering,
and some of the things in the scene are hard to make out what they are.

So I went with Twinblake.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

IPB ImageIPB Image

I can't vote for Sepulcher because it's nothing more than pretty graphics; this was done the exact same way in SotW 204.

I voted for Twinblake; it's not a great shot, it's pretty plain, but it's consistent. Nolorbon's was just too messy for me.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Sepulcher - B-
Not bad, but way too similar to the SotW 204 shot mentioned to have any originality, and thus doesn't get my vote.

Twinblake - B-
Not a bad screen, but not very interesting either. It works for what you are using, pretty much.

Norlornbon - B
I like the cloud with Zelda. Would look a little better with the text a bit more readable if they gray was a bit brighter, so as to better differentiate it with what is behind it. As for the rest of the screen, I really like the building, but the ground area is kind of crowded. The lower left edge of the building is also very close to the edge of the screen, making me wonder if you could accidentally walk into it if you are coming from the screen just below it. I feel as if it was difficult to get that amount of details crammed into one screen, and I wonder if it would look better if spread out among at least two screens. Despite the slight awkwardness, I find this screen is the most creative and original of the three. My vote.

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

Sepulcher. The colors come off as a little flat, but it's still a more aesthetically-pleasing screen than the other two options.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Sepulcher - 10 votes = 30.30%
Twinblake - 17 votes = 51.52%
Nolornbon - 6 votes = 18.18%

Total Votes: 33

Twinblake
IPB Image
Piece of Heart =/= Rock!