Photo

Screenshot of the Week 335

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (48 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

Sephiroth
IPB Image
Link: Man, it's really hot up here...

Lightwulf
IPB Image
Man! That fire gleeok really made a mess of this place! Good thing the mirror shield blocks fire!

Jared
IPB Image
Another peaceful day in Windsow Village, hopefully!

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Sephiroth- Very nice. Why is that tree near the top alive, though? It wouldn't be able to stand the heat. I like the layout, but it's a little boring. You can't do anything about that, though. The lava is also a little bright. Tone that down a little. I also love the custom subscreen. Beautiful colors icon_smile.gif
9/10

Lightwulf- Nice custom tiles! There should be more burnt things though, because of the fire Gleeok and the normal fire. Like, charred walls and furniture! Nice concept too. icon_wink.gif
8/10

Jared icon_razz.gif- I replaced the "soft" looking bushes with the MC ones. The water needs to be a little further in, it doesn't look perfect yet. I like the way I did this screen icon_smile.gif Oh, and I made the house normal sized, unlike most quests :O I'm proud of this screen, and of myself icon_biggrin.gif
8/10

Edited by Jared, 29 August 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#3 ChunkeM0nkey

ChunkeM0nkey

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

I love house styled dungeons, so Lightwulf got my vote.

Edited by ChunkeM0nkey, 29 August 2011 - 12:56 AM.

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

I didn't want to vote for another OW screen today, but Sephiroth's shot was far too monochromatic and Lightwulf's mixed-bag graphics confused me.

Jared's shot looks good, just a little uninspired.

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

Jared's got my vote, but it doesn't really feel like much of a SotW this week... none of them really stand out to me and it feels like there's something missing. Maybe it's just me being all weird because there's only 3 entrants, but who knows?

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Sephiroth: Palette needs work. The ground needs more contrast, and the lava needs less.
I feel it would look better if Link could walk to the west between the dead tree and the cliff.
If he already can, I suggest using ground tiles that don't look 'solid'.

Lightwulf: Your flat graphical style needs some shadows from the bookshelf and chairs
and a glow under the fire to help it pop out a little into the third dimension. I think that
the bookshelf and large couch would look better if they were backed towards the wall
so that they overlapped the wall tiles to some extent.

Jared: Not the most exiciting screen. It could use some NPCs or enemies or objects that
blow in the wind. Your darkest brown is too close to black so that it is difficult to make
out the detail in the shaded areas. I'd recommend lightening it up a touch.

Voted for Jared.

I hope the thread subtitle refers to number of entries, rather than quality

Edited by Cukeman, 29 August 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Aug 29 2011, 11:55 AM) View Post
I hope the thread subtitle refers to number of entries, rather than quality
It refers to an album that I've recently listened to, like most of the other subtitles in the past couple of months... I didn't think about that interpretation, haha.

More of the same from me; Jared's shot isn't terrifically strong, but it's nice and has a pleasing palette. Lightwulf's is really chaotic for my liking and Sephiroth's is really monochrome.

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

I voted Jared this week.
I mean wow that looks Fantastic!! Great job Jared icon_biggrin.gif
To the other two Good Job icon_wink.gif

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

I voted for Jared. Nice graphics, especially the house tiles. Reminds me of Relic's work.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Sephiroth - B
Outside of the lava itself, it's not a very interesting screen, but from a design standpoint, it's good.

Lightwulf - B
Clearly a unique thing you are doing here, putting a fire gleeok in a study. Besides the fire gleeok and the furniture, the rest of the screen has a pretty basic design, which isn't bad, but doesn't do all that much to support the rest of it. I noticed the perspective is from directly above rather than with some amount of slant from the central viewing point. For these graphics all combined, it does feel a bit odd. But overall, it's a decent screen.

Jared - A-
The most appealing screen of the bunch, and my vote. The screen feels right, and is still interesting for something that is simple in concept. As simple as it also is, I really like the subscreen too.

#11 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Lightwolf gets my vote. It looks like it's from a game, and the situation is immediately conveyed as dangerous, there's a fire, it looks like fun. The other screens lack the sense of fun or really anything beyond "generic volcano crust" and "generic links house".

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Wow....I lost. By TWO votes.
Either way, I'm still super proud of myself this week icon_biggrin.gif

#13 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members