Photo

Screenshot of the Week 300

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?! (54 member(s) have cast votes)

PUREZC! PUREZC! PUREZC!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

Well it would seem that SotW 300 has rolled around...

Ebola Zaire
IPB Image
You know your movie isn't colorful enough when I can reduce it to 8 colors and still pick out detail.

Oh you hush up Leonidas. icon_badrazz.gif Nobody asked you. 300 weeks.... that's almost 6 years of competition time, and I'm happy to have been a part of it for as long as I have. We had a great turnout this week and I hope that you all keep on sending in those shots! With that...

CONTESTANTS!

PREPARE FOR GLORY!

Orin XD
IPB Image
Link is in shock after seeing someone knock himself out on beer at a party. That guy needs urgent medical attention.

Russ
IPB Image
Looking over the ocean, Link gets this nagging feeling that he's seen this place before.

Ironfist
IPB Image
A testament to their love.

Pokemonmaster64
IPB Image
For those of you who are curious, the cake reads: "Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF, All my base are belong to you"

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
What in the world is that dragon doing on the bridge!

Rem
IPB Image
Just experimenting with Origins III.

Lynker
IPB Image
A Beachside Cave.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Can I vote for Ebola? Becuase those 3D graphics are impressive.

Orin XD: An average screen, but not really SotW worthy. It did make me laugh though. icon_razz.gif

Ironfist: I think I'm missing something here.

Pokemonmaster64: Pretty good, although the cliff at the bottom right with the waterfall skewers the perspective a bit.

ZebraStallion: THAT BRIDGE SHOULD BREAK UNDER HIS WEIGHT! 0/10! Nah, just kidding. Looks good.

Rem: Nice, but not exactly SotW material.

Lynker: Ditto.

Nulled, of course, since I'm in it.

Edited by Russ, 07 November 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Ick. The one week I enter with a shot, there's a lot more entries than I anticipated. Not that that's a bad thing. Just a tad irking for me. XD

Like I said, I was just experimenting. Haven't used it since my computer crashed way back when. Just getting to know it again. Comments are appreciated, but as I said, I was just testing it out.

Null'd for obvious reasons. Though I think the real competition here is between EZ, Russ, ZS, and Orin XD. The other shots are at the same level as mine. Not bad for gameplay, but (as Russ said) not SotW material.

Edited by Rem, 07 November 2010 - 06:59 PM.

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

What is "SotW worthy"? There is no rule at SotW where you have to submit something of "worthiness" icon_shrug.gif

I voted for Rem. I like it quite a lot. All the shots look very promising.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

It's a close call between Russ and ZebraStallion. I decided to vote for Russ because Molten_Onyx showed so many shots of that tileset in ZS's shot that it is getting old and repetitive.

Edited by Dawnlight, 07 November 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#6 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

ZebraStallion got my vote here. Russ' and Rem's were pretty good, too.

#7 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Zeeb FTW!

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Nov 8 2010, 01:12 AM) View Post
What is "SotW worthy"? There is no rule at SotW where you have to submit something of "worthiness" icon_shrug.gif

I voted for Rem. I like it quite a lot. All the shots look very promising.
Nah, it's a contest, so you can submit whatever shot you'd like. Though, if you want to win, it has to have something about it to make people vote for it, so I suppose that's where the "SotW-worthy" term comes into play, however there are no rules as to how a screen has to look. Uhm. Look at it like this: If you submit a drawing to an art contest in your local newspaper, no one can tell you that your submission isn't "good enough", and disqualifying it simply for being different, or bad, or whatever it is that makes it "not good enough" would be silly icon_razz.gif Of course, if it's offensive in any way, or anything like that, things are different, I suppose. icon_shrug.gif

Anyways, my vote goes to Ironfist for pure awesome :3

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Null'd, because it's the cool thing to do... icon_slycool.gif
Orin XD: Oh lawd! Funny, but the NPC sprites clash with the tileset.
Russ: This is an ideal DoR screen IMO. It just doesn't stand out. Maybe I've seen too much DoR icon_razz.gif...
Ironfist: Whatisthisidon'teven...I'm clearly not getting it...
Me: Good job, me. You tried to see what would happen if you entered with a classic shot and you went and lost the competition...
Zeeb: What tileset is this? Do want! Also HOLY COW 7 VOTES ALREADY? Let's just move o to SotW 301...Zeeb has this in the bag...
Rem: Cool graphics, bland screen
Lynker: I like this. It's BS, but doesn't fall victim to BS' general...BS... I would have voted for this
Ebola Zaire: Why was your shot not in the poll? I so would have voted for that!

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 07 November 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Orin XD - 7/10
A good shop screen. Lots going on without it being too over the top, and Link's reaction is a nice touch. Certainly SotW material in my opinion.

Russ - 7/10
Another nice DoR overworld screen.

Ironfist - 1/10
Sorry, but I don't vote for teabaggers. icon_razz.gif

Pokemonmaster64 - 5/10
It's okay for a classic screen with a few extra colors and shallow water.

ZebraStallion - 9/10
I love it. It all fits together very nicely.

Rem - 7/10
Well put together. I certainly think it is SotW material too. So again, I disagree with Russ.

Lynker - 6/10
Not bad for a BS screen, as simple as it is.

#11 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Orin XD - Oh darn, that's gonna stain the carpet. :c Ehm, but yeah, it's a pretty good interior shot. I can't really think of anything to change, but it doesn't really stand out as particularly fabulous to me. I dunno how to really comment on this one, sorry. :/
Russ - Oddly enough, I haven't seen a shot like this in a while. It's an interesting modern take on the first Zelda overworld screen. I'd add a little more detail to the grass. Maybe a few flies or something to the air, too.
Ironfist - Makes as much sense to me as this.
Pokemonmaster64 - Quite good. Only real complaint is that the top-left area looks too square. I'd give it a little diagonal piece on the top-right corner of that space. I'm also curious as to what, if anything, is under that Armos.
ZebraStallion - Very interesting! I wonder how to get Valoo down from there... Only complaint from me here is that the water seems to be lacking in detail a bit. Maybe put some floating leaves on top or something?
Rem - It's okay, but there doesn't seem to be much going on here. Particularly in the middle. I'd put maybe a tree or two, or maybe some sort of rock structure. Also, the top pieces of those mountains, especially the diagonal ones, look quite out of place, I think.
Lynker - Good. The ground seems to be somewhat lacking in detail though, I think. I'd add some little pebbles or sand to the dirt, and maybe another flower to the grass.

Ehm... Imma have to go with Zebra this week.

Edited by Beta Link, 07 November 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

Wow, lots of competition!
I rreally loved everyone's screens!

And this week I had fun building my screen, and that's what it's all about! icon_biggrin.gif

Edit - And ZebraStallion. I love the screen! I NEED that tileset! Too bad it isn't done icon_cry.gif

Edited by Lynker, 07 November 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Oh comon. Zebra is winning? He just uploaded Prince MSC's set and jumbled as much as he could into a screen. I swear that Dragon isn't in the right pallete.

The rest are kinda boring too.

I voted for the drunkards scene as that was the only one to show some creativity in their shot. I don't count Ironfist because there's very little effort put into that... is it an inside joke? I don't know. It's not a good shot.

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

o_o;
Um, somebody sounds angry.

#15 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

I voted for Ironfist.
benandmeforeva president!

QUOTE(Lemon @ Nov 7 2010, 08:40 PM) View Post

I don't count Ironfist because there's very little effort put into that... is it an inside joke? I don't know. It's not a good shot.

he spent like 12 minutes perfecting that
I watched him do it
if that isn't effort then i have no more faith in society :'(

Edited by Lithium, 07 November 2010 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users