Photo

SOTW 41

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick a pic. (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick a pic.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:43 PM

And away we go. icon_smile.gif

BH4

user posted image

Link arrives at the beautiful pristine Earth Temple.

Hero Link

http://www.freewebs....nk/zelda001.bmp

No caption

Mr. Z

user posted image

Link: "I think I should have taken that turn to the right..."

Teilyr

user posted image

What I do when I get bored pt. 1 (Note: The blue ripples against the mountains are temporary.)

#2 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:48 PM

I'd say either Tei or Hero Link. But then again, they're all pretty good.

#3 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:56 PM

I like Teilyr's pic.

It just seems like an interesting mix of tiles to me.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:07 PM

Rats! I'm late! I thought this would start Tuesday like usually... icon_sorry.gif

Well anyway, good shots this week! icon_thumbsup.gif

BH4: Graphically not spectacular, but the shot sure looks interesting. icon_smile.gif

Hero Link: I'm grazy about winter shots. icon_rolleyes.gif And though this one is a little plain and simple, it still gets my vote this week.

Mr.Z: Quite well constructed shot, but these kinds of shots just aren't for my taste.

Teilyr: Unfair, it animates! icon_razz.gif ...The beach looks really awesome, but the water looks boring.

#5 Vincent

Vincent

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

EXCELLENT pics this week! It was a really hard decision between BH4, Mr. Z, and Teilyr. I picked BH4's, because of the interesting design.

#6 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Nov 24 2003, 05:07 PM)
Rats! I'm late! I thought this would start Tuesday like usually... icon_sorry.gif

I told you that I'd keep it on schedule. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Petoe @ Nov 24 2003, 05:07 PM)
Teilyr: Unfair, it animates! icon_razz.gif ...The beach looks really awesome, but the water looks boring.

How can water be boring? It's water. Water doesn't get up in the morning, go to work, then come home to a dysfunctional family that's ticked at it because it keeps getting the furniture wet.

Sheesh.

#7 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:29 PM

I voted for BH4's. Looks really interesting. They're all good, though.

#8 Matt

Matt

Come on!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:46 PM

BH4 - It's OK, but it feels funny when I touch it.

Hero Link - I like snow screens. That tree... bush thing looks kind of weird though.

Mr. Z- Interesting, but it doesn't like me.

Teilyr - I like this one, beach screens can be nice too. I don't really like how the foam on the waves crashing on the beach look, though. In the frame where they go as far as they can, they look nice and smooth, but when the waves receed, the foam looks diffused and pixelated.

#9 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:49 PM

That's zc for ya, Matt. Try not being pixelated with 4 shades of brown.

Though, I don't expect you to understand this, as you're not a zc user.

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Nov 25 2003, 12:16 AM)
I told you that I'd keep it on schedule. icon_razz.gif

Hmm... Yes, you did... icon_sweat.gif icon_heh.gif

How can water be boring? It's water. Water doesn't get up in the morning, go to work, then come home to a dysfunctional family that's ticked at it because it keeps getting the furniture wet.
Heh. What I meant is that it's just... well, blue. The water doesn't move, it doesn't have any kind of animation. It just looks weird. icon_shrug.gif

#11 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:12 PM

I'm a fan of the bs set. Guess I'm used to it.

So, what would you do to change it? I'm always up for ideas.

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Nov 25 2003, 01:12 AM)
I'm a fan of the bs set.  Guess I'm used to it.

So, what would you do to change it?  I'm always up for ideas.

Well, though I complained, the shot is good enough the way it is now. But you could add some waves, or... uh... dang, it's so hard to explain. I'd make a screenshot to explain it if I had time, but I don't have any. Sorry. icon_frown.gif

#13 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:43 PM

Hard to choose this week. (going back to my thumbs-up system)
BH4: Looks interesting, but one problem. The walls are odd. It looks more like the thing is flat instead of 3D. If, you understand what I mean.
icon_thumbsup.gif
Hero Link: This is a plain shot. No offense, but there isn't anything that looks very good about that pic.
icon_thumbsdown.gif icon_thumbsdown.gif
Mr. Z: Those cliffs don't look right as red. Plus, it's getting close to bland.
icon_thumbsdown.gif
Tei: Cool, animation. Trying to boost what people think by adding affects? icon_naughty.gif I like the variety of tiles, and how the beach and the grass areas fit very well with the cliff set between them. This is the winner.
icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:11 PM

BH4: it looks really cool, and I like the tiles under the grass. I didn't vote, though, because the light seems to be coming from the down left corner, and that makes it look kinda wierd to me icon_shrug.gif it gets a second ranking for me

Hero Link: it's rather bland icon_frown.gif fourth

Mr. Z: very nice pallete. it's very dark/underworld-ish. comes in first for me!

Teilyr: it's nice, but I noticed a few things wrong with it. The sand is a little too dark, and the waves aren't animated like they are in the BS set (I'm assuming that you used the animation from the BS set, correct?) because of that, it comes in third

I was just about to submit my shot, and I noticed the voting already started icon_frown.gif
guess I'll submit next week icon_shrug.gif

#15 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Nov 24 2003, 07:11 PM)
the waves aren't animated like they are in the BS set

It's the gif. I timed it as perfectly as I could in zq. It's still not exactly perfect, though. Palette cycling and combo animation don't sync up perfectly, I believe. Considering that I'm the first person to successfully rip those shorelines (to my knowledge) I'd say they came out pretty well.

The sand is dark but, I like it. It's supposed to look wet. Part of the new OW palette Nick tossed together.

Thanks for the criticism. icon_smile.gif

As for my vote... well, let's see here.

BH4: Nice screen. However, it is a little dark for my tastes. Good use of tiles, excellent created tiles (grass w/ dungeon flooring), good placement, although the walls are abit awkward... 4/5

Hero Link: I actually like this screen. It's a little empty, and there's not alot going on but, it's a good looking screen, with excellent use of the clouds to make the water look icy. 3.5/5

Mr. Z: Well, that's very orange. You have alot going on there, though I'm left wondering where the left staircase goes. 4/5

Teilyr: Biased.

I'll null vote, as I can't really pick between BH4 & Mr. Z.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users