Photo

Screenshot of the Week 275

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (51 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

I'm putting this up a day early because I don't know if I'll have a computer tomorrow and don't want to stick Angeal with it again. icon_razz.gif Right, onto the entrants!

Lord Settra!
IPB Image
Another village-pic again.^^

Pheonix
IPB Image
Those who wish to stake out a living outside of Castle Town must contend with the numerous monsters inhabiting the Regalis backcountry.

jimmyb
IPB Image
As Link approaches the Lost Woods, his stomach begins to ache. This is a warning sign of what is to come.

MrMister
IPB Image
Screenshot of a slightly more detailed Redleaf Forest. Taken from Travels.

#2 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

ooh, it was kinda difficult to choose this week, but I went with MrMister. It's just an overall good design. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

Pheonix has my vote. for this contest.

#4 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

I vote for MrMister, it looks interesting to me for some reason icon_smile.gif

#5 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

I voted for jimmyb. It looks well designed.

#6 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

Nulled.
All green, yuk!

Where did all the people go? Before, there were more participants

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

Lord Settra!:
This is beautifully Classic-ish, just like the last one I seen from you. I was going to mention that there's too many plain green grass areas... Well, I don't know. It wouldn't make me like the screen less while playing, but I guess it still lowers it's SotW value. However, I downright love what you did with the grass at the upper left area.

Pheonix:
Wonderful! The tree variety is great and the green-white pairing comes off as wonderful. I also remember this screen, but in other form... You remade that screen into this one? Or there's some dimension jumping feature in your game, so each screen has its counterpart?

Jimmyb:
Great layout! I also really like that sign before the tree branch door. But I miss many objects and detailing... More tress on the forest brush (maybe even bigger ones) and some more things on the ground. Maybe there isn't that much of things missing, but some flowers and 1-2 more brush trees could do. And maybe some charismatic object. So far the key and the signposted branch door are the focus.

Mr.Mister:
Very good Pure screen! For some odd reason, Pure requires less detailing for my eyes. All I would have liked is to move the middle tree in the lower right corner one tile to the left (so that the trees aren't grouped in a line) and move the tree that is just before that bird statue one tile to the right, so that it's not lined up with that statue.

It was a tough decision between MrMister and... Pheonix.

#8 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

I nulled, because I'm in the contest.

Lord Settra! - Once again, I can see your putting in good effort, but you're not putting in enough detail.

Pheonix - Great shot, feels a little cluttered though. Also, I love the palette!

jimmyb - Great amount of detail! The shot is also a little compelling to play because of the key and the extra path on the left side. Excellent shot overall.

MrMister - icon_awesome.gif

#9 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

CastChaos: Shhh... you're not supposed to know that.
Okay then:

Lord Settra: It's really too plain. Even the original Pure set has details - good usage of those would vastly improve your screen. Also, it's common practice to cover the corners of screens.

Pheonix: To be honest, there just seems to be something missing in this shot of mine. I can't tell what, though. Eh, I really don't know why I'm commenting on my own shot.

jimmyb: DoR certainly is very screenshot-friendly, and my attraction to this screen only helps prove that can be especially so when combined with good design.

MrMister: A tree breaking up the big patch of grass in the middle of the screen (or indeed anything breaking it up) would do wonders for this screen. As of now, it's okay, but not fantastic.

I nulled.

Edited by Pheonix, 05 October 2009 - 03:17 PM.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Lord Settra - 5/10
The screen is pretty safe. There isn't much of a risk here, so I don't see the passion in this one. Most of the grass is still a solid green, so there is potential there for lightly scattering more details being worth a shot.

Phoenix - 8/10
See how just a little more effort and self assessment can make the grass look significantly better. icon_smile.gif The screen is well put together, and is the caliber of design I would expect to see regularly in any four or five star quest. The color choices are tastefully done. Not boring, yet not off the wall either.

jimmyb - 7/10
Great choice of graphics, and pretty good usage of them from the looks of it. I am not a fan of the overlapping on the right side of the subscreen though. Looks kind of messy to me.

Mr. Mister - 8/10
As different as it is, I echo the same kind of words I gave for Phoenix's screenshot for this one. Good leaf shadowing too.

A tough decision, but I went with Phoenix, as it has a slighty better appeal for me.

#11 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Voted for jimmyb on this one.By the way,when is this contest gonna be over?It's been on for 2 weeks(and despite many votes,it hasn't ended yet) and I'm ready to show the world my screenshot for the next contest. icon_frown.gif

#12 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

Mr. Mister and Phoenix both have excellent designs. I went with Mister. because the general feel of the screen was more engaging.

Settra's wasn't detailed enough and I think jimmyb's is a little bit unoriginal, and mono-color.

#13 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hehe, guess I'll start voting for SotW again. It'll make me feel involved like the good ol' days. ^_^

This week I didn't have to even think twice. Phoenix all the way. His screen is detailed and easy on the eyes; the other three are either one or the other, not both. Also, Phoenix's screen has the most interesting walking-path, which is another big thing I look for in screenshots (I don't judge based on asthetics alone).

They're all at least decent, though. Some weeks a few screens might just suck, this week they're all pretty good. Always nice. icon_smile.gif

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

Lord Settra! - 2 votes = [4.65%]
Pheonix - 12 votes = [27.91%]
jimmyb - 21 votes = [48.84%]
MrMister - 8 votes = [18.60%]
Total Votes: 43

jimmyb
IPB Image
As Link approaches the Lost Woods, his stomach begins to ache. This is a warning sign of what is to come.

Congratulations, jimmyb!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users