Photo

Screenshot of the Week 245

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 246 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen shot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

EnnonFenom
IPB Image

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
The shore of Great Rupea, or something like that.

T. Platinum
IPB Image
The hero returns home only to find death and despair...

#2 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

. Molten. He has the best screen, even though it should have a small bit more of detail.
. Ennon- You get second. I said before, its to bright and....happy for me.
. Planti- I like the tiles, but its pure. Pure has the ani christ colors of ZC. Still, very good try.

Edited by Furion, 25 January 2009 - 11:05 PM.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

I'm voting for Molten Onyx. He has the best quality shot out of the three.

EnnonFenom - Everything in that shot is great except the color quality of your SD3 grass. I say make it brighter. It's a bit too dark.

T. Platnium - Try adding detail such as windows to your walls as well as detaling your floors. Also, try not to style clash. Make sure the tiles you use stay with the theme of your tiles so that they balance and flow together. (Your theme is mostly ALTTP houses)

. Planti- I like the tiles, but its pure. Pure has the ani christ colors of ZC. Still, very goof try.

Unless if you know how to work with those colors. icon_naughty.gif

Edited by Dawnlight, 25 January 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

EnnonFenom - 7/10
Graphics are indeed interesting, although a little confusing with the lack of contrast the trees and other foliage have with the ground. The leaves of the tree in the lower right looks out of place with the rest of the screen. As for screen design though, I think it is very good.

Molten Onyx - 7/10
Very nice graphics, especially the water. Screen design is good, but not spectacular.

T. Platinum - 6/10
It's definitely good, but nothing really catches my interest. Looks like a good run of the mill screen for any quest with those graphics, but it doesn't have that luster I would expect from the best in SotW.

Tough call, but I ultimately went with Ennonfenom, as I think that one looks like the biggest effort.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

MO. Ennonfenom's blurs together too much, making it hard to see. And T. Platinum's just doesn't scream out "SotW".

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

My shot's been updated a bit since I submitted it.

EnnonFenom: You hafta' get ridda' that SD3 grass and find something that suites it better because those tiles are awesomesexycoolgoodexcellentgreatinsane but the grass doesn't work with it.

T: There's not really anything special about the shot, put some more crap (not real crap) on the walls though.

I know, I make no sense when I speak.

#7 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

Going with Onyx on this one. The tiles are really nice and the layout is pleasing to look at. It could use a better palette but its still the best imo.

Ennon's is too bright and I don't really like the tiles.

T. Platinum is a pretty typical pure shot. Not terrible, just not sotw winner worthy.

#8 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:56 AM

I'm nulling.
Nothing interesting this week.

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

I voted for EnnonFenom. I'd love to see something like that made into a quest or a tileset! icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

EnnonFenom: Humm, Me thinks you suck at ripping graphics, your shot is DQ'D icon_deformed.gif

Molty: Your shot looks like the same stuff you have been showing for a while, Its not bad, and its put together well.

T. Platinum: What can I say, icon_shrug.gif its to linear. To me its just not a sotw material

QUOTE(HeavyTitanium @ Jan 26 2009, 01:43 PM) View Post

I voted for EnnonFenom. I'd love to see something like that made into a quest or a tileset! icon_thumbsup.gif

I planned on it I just got to find more graphics to add to the tileset. But they got to be similar to the ones from: summon night sword craft story 2

Edited by EnnonFenom, 26 January 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#11 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

EnnonFenom: Whoa, sweet tileset. I love how the grass moves in the shot.

Molten Onyx: Fun palette, nice layout.

T. Platinum: Grr... That's a jpeg isn't it? That and it's kind of bland.

Ennon wins my vote.

#12 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

Molten onyx, Stop doing really good shot, thank you.

*votes for Onyx*

#13 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

EnnonFenom: I love the colours in this shot. They're so bright and lively, and really pop-out at me.*Vote*

Molten Onyx: I like this screen a lot. The design is very good, and everything is done well. No complaints about this shot.

T. Platinum: A good shot that outlines the idea that you were going for, but it seems a little too square. My suggestion would be to kinda change the room a bit so that it isn't perfectly square. (Maybe indent the corners inward or something?) Also, maybe a border around the room would work?

Great work everyone! icon_biggrin.gif The shots are very good this week! icon_biggrin.gif

#14 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

EnnonFenom. It's something fresh and colorful. Or the other two choices just weren't my cup of tea. The killing/massacre screen looks cheap, sorry.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Molten Onyx it is.
EnnonFennom's grass just doesn't cut it.

I think MO's might benefit from a palette swap to make it a bit brighter, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users