Photo

Screenshot of the Week 209

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 209 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
Shoelace said there wasn't enough screens, so... He, hey! What nature hater put that Sigma lock block there?! It was a Vile act...

Moonwhisper
IPB Image

Radien
IPB Image
Serenia discovers the Eternal Garden: a lost sanctuary hidden from the passage of time.

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:35 PM

CastChaos: That shot looks too weird and hectic, I don't really like it.

Moonwhisper: I love this shot. Great use of GB and great remake of an LttP screen.

Radien: I love it. Everything about the area is amazing. I love the palette and.. well basically everything. *votes*

#3 Nuvo

Nuvo

fishies

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

CastChaos: I look forward to playing that place, and it looks like the MIDI I have sent you may go to good use here.

Moonwhisper: I love the shot, and the nostalgia, but the one thing that annoys me is the subscreen and its tan background. Sorry, but I find those color backgrounds extremely annoying.

Radien: I admit the palette, the design and everything is nice, but what got me most was the door. I love the door, so much, I voted for this shot. The owl looks epic too, like it is just appearing to tell serenia a message.

#4 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Evile @ May 5 2008, 12:35 AM) View Post

CastChaos: That shot looks too weird and hectic, I don't really like it.

Moonwhisper: I love this shot. Great use of GB and great remake of an LttP screen.

Radien: I love it. Everything about the area is amazing. I love the palette and.. well basically everything. *votes*

My thoughts to the letter. Radien.

#5 Stray Sheep

Stray Sheep

Master of F6-ing

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

I voted Radien.

#6 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

CastChaos: Very good, the only wrong thing I could point out is that some of the plants are in a strange cset.

Moonwhisper: Reminds me very strong of the Oracle series. Not by graphics, but earlier by the use of them. You could have added a little more detail, still it is a nice screen.

Radien: Very amazing graphics. The door looks bad between those walls, it should be taller or the wall should be lower. It also looks like it's sticking out of between the walls, the 2 things have a different perspective. You might could have added a little more detail on the ground after all, but looks like Eternal Garden is gonna be a nice place.

Vote for CastChaos, I didn't like Radien's that much, it looks more like a graphical showoff to me.

#7 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

QQ QQQ Qq qs;f;; qQ

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

CastChaos' screen is a bit dull in my opinion - not that I dislike anything of CC's work. It just doesn't look great compared to Radien's. icon_shrug.gif

Moonwhisper's screen is too full of water. Apart from that, it's rather good.

Radien's door and owl statue are the shiz.
I love the door, so much, I voted for this shot. The owl looks epic too, like it is just appearing to tell serenia a message.

Incorrect grammar! icon_deformed.gif

I think the door and the statue appeal the most to me. That's why I've voted for Radien.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

CastChaos: icon_biggrin.gif

Moonwhisper: I love ALttP and I'm a great fan of your remake. This screen brings back memories, so nice emulation. It perfectly provides the LA feeling and also easy to recognize the ALttP pair. Can you swim under the bridge like in ALttP?

Radien: Very nice graphics, floor layout and trees. I bet the owl statue is a checkpoint like in MM. The door is the most noticeable there. It's very nice and new, but doesn't go well with those walls because of perspective issues.

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight)

CastChaos: Very good, the only wrong thing I could point out is that some of the plants are in a strange cset.

Well, I had to use CSet 5 for most plants. The waterlily is for almost all CSets and that white swamp vine is white for a special reason. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Nuvo)

CastChaos: I look forward to playing that place, and it looks like the MIDI I have sent you may go to good use here.

Hmm, I didn't even thought about using it there. I will see if I use it only there or also in the Plant Floor when he midi is completely complete.

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

Radien dominates this week.

#10 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:51 AM

Oh man, I can't decide what to choose.

ChastChaos- Don't tell anyone I put the block there! icon_heh.gif
Radien- Your shot is amazing, and I really like the owl.
Moonwhisper- Hm.. Great remake. I like the shot.

Yet Radien will probably win so I vote for Moonwhisper

#11 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

Yeah I think exactly like Nuvo, that door did it for me. I love the shot in general. Very cool its what I voted for. The other shots were pretty good, but Moonwhisper's shot was kinda boring to me I dunno. icon_confused.gif

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

CastChaos: Good, but kind of dank and dark for nature.
Moonwhisper: Gameboy graphics+LttP screens=my vote. *Votes*
Radien: Those graphcis are amazing. And the screen design is perfect. Nice work!

#13 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

Cast Chaos: The Screen is just a bit too crowed for my likeing but that's just me but in other wordds it was an alright screen

Moonwhisper: GB + LTTP = PWN. Relly good mekae of LTTP and well FINSH THAT QUEST ALREADY!!

Radien: Relly good screen and great layout I even like those trees.

Relly hard week but I voted for null

CastChaos: 3rd
Moonwhisper: 1st
Radien 2nd

#14 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

CastChaos- very interesting looking screen, but it's sort of hard to tell what's going on.

Moonwhisper- It's not a bad screen at all, but water dominates a bit too much and a little more detail on land would've been nice.

Radien- That's a great shot. All of the graphics are amazing, and the design is decent as well. Vote.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ May 5 2008, 01:13 AM) View Post
I didn't like Radien's that much, it looks more like a graphical showoff to me.

Isn't that the whole point of SotW? icon_heh.gif

Perhaps you meant showing off tiles. Well, here's the thing: I know my shot doesn't have any action in it. But really, one of the purposes of this area is to be a place where there's no fighting going on. It won't be boring because you're only meant to spend a minute or two on the map at any given time.

The way I figure, sometimes it's all right just to sit back and look at the pretty graphics. Just so long as the rest of the game has enough content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users