Photo

Screenshot of the Week 195

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 195 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

/M/
IPB Image
"Link finally finds a secret passage.. but is blocked by a gift box."

CastChaos
IPB Image
"Finally Darknuts got a base, too! Kokiris are sad..."

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image
"Red and Blue meet outside the Pokemon Center for a friendly challenge."

Migokalle
IPB Image
''Link search the Temple gardens, for the monkie who took the shop ovners key.''

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

/M/: Big tree forest is an "I like it". It reminds me ALttP, anything I do. Also, I never knew well drawn gifts can be such problem... 3rd

CastChaos: Wow, nice! It's mine! 1st

LostInHyru1e: The mountains and house are strange with that whiteness, but otherwise interesting little Pokémon set. 4th

Migokalle: ALttP mountains and other new DoR elements are so so pretty. That underwater thing and those tentacles add even more to the enjoyment. 2nd

Of course I nulled.

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

Nulled, but I'm gonna say I'm pretty much screwed. Probably would've gone for CC.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

I voted for Migokalle, I would of voted for /M/ but the pallete is a little bright icon_glare.gif

Go Migokalle!!

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 27 January 2008 - 01:27 PM.

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

Voted for /M/, love everything.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

/M/ - 8/10
A conceptually simple yet well designed forest scene. Detail is pretty good, and I love the gift box blocking the path. Seems ironic.

CastChaos - 7/10
I like how you worked with this concept. The added details on the balconies are a nice touch, although some of the details along the side of the road are still kind of bland. I am uncertain on whether or not that archway fits in with the rest of the screen details.

LostInHyrule - 6/10
While the tiles seem simplistic in comparison to the other screens and thus probably harder to make something beautiful with, I wouldn't say this is a bad screen. I would say it's okay. It seems clear to me that a lot of thought was put into the concept of the screen, despite me not understanding some of it (the walled in area just below the benches). However, I am not a fan of the same trees being lined up single file or the exact same grass tile being used for the entire lawn (outside of whatever you have immediately to the right of the house). So not so great on artistic appeal, but great on personality.

Migokalle - 9/10
Overall this is a very well designed screen. I have no complaints about it. I love the see through water and all the details related to that. The ground details are done in all the right ways to contribute to what looks like a perfectly natural outdoor scene. My vote goes to this screen.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

I voted for Migo.

I was going to enter for this week, but I was too busy icon_frown.gif
I should've saved some of the screens I made instead of posting them all up in the screenshot thread, I didn't have enough time to make any new ones between friday and today because I've been out of the house almost all the time.

Edited by Joe123, 27 January 2008 - 01:38 PM.

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

since new graphics in SOTW pop up every day now, it all now comes down to screen design. And Migokalle has it in spades. My vote goes here. No other screen comes even close.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

/M/: That looks like lttp... I like it... but it isn't like ''WOW, that's awesome''
CC: I like it... it seems a little square, but... and you used the castle tiles from my old Lufia 4 set :3 Yay!
LostInHyru1e: ....icon_razz.gif You know what? If it wasn't for that I entered this week, you'd gotten my vote... screendesign IS a little square, but... hey, those are some of my favorite graphics ever... I've spent SO much time in Gold/Silver/Crystal... ahh, good times...
Me: Well... it IS mine... so I won't comment... pointless...

And... I nulled... wow! I play fair!

#10 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

woah Migo thats just so awsome

#11 MadGonzo

MadGonzo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

bool votes[] = [0,0,0,1];

Edited by MadGonzo, 28 January 2008 - 01:53 PM.

#12 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Wow, I've got one vote. icon_smile.gif That was my goal in entering this contest, to get at least one person's vote. I feel fulfilled inside. icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Jan 27 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post

LostInHyrule - 6/10
While the tiles seem simplistic in comparison to the other screens and thus probably harder to make something beautiful with, I wouldn't say this is a bad screen. I would say it's okay. It seems clear to me that a lot of thought was put into the concept of the screen, despite me not understanding some of it (the walled in area just below the benches). However, I am not a fan of the same trees being lined up single file or the exact same grass tile being used for the entire lawn (outside of whatever you have immediately to the right of the house). So not so great on artistic appeal, but great on personality.

Yeah, I know I need some grass details, but I can't find any in Gold/Silver! I've got to keep looking, I know they're out there somewhere for me to rip. icon_smile.gif

The "Walled" area just below the benches is a slightly elevated bed of flowers.

QUOTE(Migokalle)

LostInHyru1e: ....icon_razz.gif You know what? If it wasn't for that I entered this week, you'd gotten my vote... screendesign IS a little square, but... hey, those are

I spent way more time on Gold/Silver then any other two video games together. I love those games so much. icon_smile.gif

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 27 January 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Yes indeed, they are awesome...
I like the tileset you're getting out here... I hope you're still in the contest...

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Migokalle, that is just an insane awesome shot. icon_biggrin.gif

#15 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Voted Migo. His screenshot would have been near-perfect if the plant things coming out of the water fit the style of the rest of the screen a bit better, but it's no big deal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users