Photo

Screenshot of the Week 31

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Screenshot? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Screenshot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:50 PM

And the nominees are...

Mr. Z
user posted image
Link is lost in Hyrule Castle, it's not that big, seesh...

Petoe
http://www.members.aol.com/finnishflesh/images/mmsotw31.bmp
"It's a rainy day... and Rush Marine."

Ccc
user posted image
Something from a new tileset I'm making for a quest.

Jonathan
user posted image
My mountain warm up shot...

Wild Bill
user posted image
Link has tried to enter a place that requires more piece of the Triforce of Power than he has.

StarFox
http://happyman.250free.com/Starfox/SotW1.bmp
Forgotten Memories boasts a never-before-seen tileset as one of many ways to stand out against the crowd. DO NOT RIP!

KingdomChamp225
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/kingdomchamp225/SOTW3.bmp[/img]
"Here is where you get the Fire Boomerang" Magma Dungeon"

#2 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:26 PM

Let's see...

From top to bottom, solely on looks, my reactions are..

Mr. Z - Plain. Not your best work, by a long shot.

Petoe - Interesting.. The tilework is well done.

Ccc - Boring.

Jonathan - Unique. Truly looks like a megaman game, aside from the tiny sprites.

Wild Bill - No doubt, a screen that will lead to better things. But, as looks go, it has nothing.. special. It's just black,
words, and a few custom drawn tiles. icon_shrug.gif

Starfox - Tight. Looks alot like the ML cartoon set, tweaked. Might be nice with more.. stuff on it, though. Also, your trees are rather fuzzy. Maybe add in some depth; leaves, branches, etc. I seem to recall someone having a shot of similar trees somewhere on the shotboard... I voted for it, easily.

KingdomChamp225 - You must be new, ya? That's a rather ordinary screen. Don't change it though.. I'm sure the dungeon plays well. It's just not ssotw material, in my eyes.

Edited by Teilyr, 28 July 2003 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:34 AM

Well, it's clear I'm nit going to win. Jonathan's is the best followed by StarFox's and like Teilyr sed it is boring but it is just an early mock up.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:57 AM

Hmm...

Mr.Z - Too basic for my eyes. Not bad, but no good either.
ME - I'll just comment my entry a bit. It looks like a quite basic screenshot, but again it looks much better in action (with lightning and the animation going on...) Oh well, I'm not gonna win this week...
Ccc - ... icon_eyebrow.gif
Jonathan - Surprising. Someone else is doing a MegaMan quest, and it even looks quite good. I have to say that this is a very interesting screenshot... but the sprites could be a bit better. Anyway, the best pic of the week.
Wild Bill - Words... and a small pic. Might be a cool cutscene or something like that, but not a good screenhot.
StarFox - Wohoo! New tiles. But, they still look almost like the basic tiles used in other quests, and the picture could be a little bit more interesting.
KingdomChamp225 - Much better than a basic screenshot. But still nothing special.

#5 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:14 AM

Mr. Z- A little basic, don't ya think?
Petoe- Basic screenshot. I wouldn't be pulled in by lightning either though. (you could use a gif animater)
Ccc-Umm....okay, moving on.
Jonathan- That shot looks really cool. I can't wait to play that quest, and wow, side view, I like side views, they're different. THat's why I'm making a side view quest.
WB-Umm. That's not much of a ss.
StarFox-I can't see it. icon_cry.gif
KingdomChamp225-Not actually all that much, it looks like a lot, but you just slapped some stuff together in hopes to win this contest. (so basicly, not much is happening on the screen)

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:14 AM

icon_cry.gif So I cant draw sprites is that a crime...would you rather me enter a screenshot with classic 3 color enemys

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:28 AM

So I cant draw sprites is that a crime...would you rather me enter a screenshot with classic 3 color enemys

Well, your sprites aren't bad... they just could be better. But hey, when I release my MM quest, you can have all the sprites! Otherwise your picture looks really cool!

Petoe- Basic screenshot. I wouldn't be pulled in by lightning either though. (you could use a gif animater)

Well you're a smart guy, huh? You haven't even seen the lightning and the rain in action. And look carefully at the picture, the tiles aren't that basic as you probably think. And I don't have a gif animater. icon_shrug.gif

#8 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:55 AM

I love Jonathan and Starfox... icon_cry.gif
I don't know which one to choose...
Um... I choose... Jonathan...

#9 Waluigi

Waluigi

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:59 AM

Ok, heres why i picked WB:
Mr. Z- Dont get me wrong i like your shot--but i dunno, i think the castle needs to do some redecorating
Petoe-I dont like MM, so i couldnt really get into that ss. icon_sorry.gif
CCC- lol
Jonathan- I like the way your megaman loox, but like I said b4 i dont like MM. icon_sorry.gif
WB-I like the shot; the end icon_razz.gif
Starfox-You know, i didnt even see yours for some reason....
KingdomChamp225-I like the hands behind the chest; But the shot seems to simple to actually get my vote

#10 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:50 AM

Peteos screenshot looks like a mix of newfirst and pure tilesets or desendant(because of the rocks)...but thats just a guess icon_sigh.gif

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Jul 29 2003, 04:50 PM)
Peteos screenshot looks like a mix of newfirst and pure tilesets or desendant(because of the rocks)...but thats just a guess icon_sigh.gif

Well, pretty close. But I haven't even touched the Pure set, and I NEVER will. All the tiles in the picture are quite much upgraded newfirst tiles, and the rest made by me. icon_smile.gif
But as I said before, I feel dump for submiting a poor screenie again. But at least I'm not gonna win every week. icon_biggrin.gif So I'll have to take things seriously now. Somebody say I'm stupid, please.

#12 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:47 AM

I would Petoe but its the law of averages...If you send in a more serious shot let me know because that ones just childsplay(I just threw it together in a few seconds).

#13 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:55 AM

Mr. Z's shot just looks like a red x on my computer, but considering what I've heard about it, I'm gonna vote for Jonathan.

EDIT: Wait a sec. Now I can see it. Yeah, nothing too special there.

Edited by Dr. Mutagen, 29 July 2003 - 11:57 AM.

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:08 PM

Here are my comments:

Mr. Z: Definately not your best work.

Petoe: icon_odd.gif is all I can think.

Ccc: No comment.

Jonathon: Very nice shot. Came in second for me.

Wild Bill: Another nice shot, but like other people have said, it's just a black screen with a few extras.

StarFox: This shot seems to be a fresh look at the old stuff in a way. It's very interesting to see such an area done like that. This is the shot I voted for.

KingdomChamp225: This looks familiar. Oh! I remember! It looks similar to some shots I showed awhile back! icon_razz.gif

Nick: Oh... I forgot I didn't submit. Not like I have anything worthy anymore, anyway. icon_shrug.gif

#15 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:47 PM

1st: Starfox
2nd: Jonathon
3rd: KingdomChamp225

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users