Photo

SotW 184

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 184 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Wooooo, lets see if I can do this. I am losing my SotW virginity right here:

billy ronald
IPB Image
Somthing from the water Temple of HvT

CastChaos
IPB Image
Not even the Master Sword breaks this lightning seal?!

mudvayne
IPB Image
a mystical whisper under a meteor shower!

And may the best screen win. Voting begins now!

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

mudvayne. It's cool. icon_smile.gif

The others are just too average. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Yeah... mudvayne=epic win.

#4 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Voted for Mudvayne as well. Its the only one that stands out.

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

I really don't like any of them. *nulls*

#6 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

Of the 3, I have to vote for mudvayne. However, I really like CC's building tiles, especially the windows. icon_thumbsup.gif

And billy, you committed sin #1 when it comes to SotW. Thou shalt not use jpgs. GIFs/PNGs are your friend.

#7 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Xavier @ Nov 11 2007, 07:37 PM) View Post
Of the 3, I have to vote for mudvayne. However, I really like CC's building tiles, especially the windows. icon_thumbsup.gif

And billy, you committed sin #1 when it comes to SotW. Thou shalt not use jpgs. GIFs/PNGs are your friend.

Ops i frogot to make it a gif becasue photo bucket convetes BMP to JPG scorry guys

Billy Ronald: your shot rules becasue it's me so (vote)

Cast chose : arvage shot

mudvayne : to weird for me

Edited by billy ronald, 11 November 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

Voted for Mud... though, he has some MAJOR tile misplacements.... but it's still the best by FAAAAAAAAAAAAR! CC, you can do SOOOO much better.... just PLEASE, start covering the corners!
And Billy: No comment :/ just plain sucks... (oops, a comment!)

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:52 PM

billy ronald: Low detail. To make it detailed with causing the least feeling change possible, you could put something on the walls and put simmetric underwater objects into the water. Alternatively, low detail can be neutralized with new tiles.

Mudvayne: Wonderful! Those mushrooms and even that crystal look like a dream... I also really love that palette. Even the clouds aren't bad, even though I like to use cloud shadow tiles for the same effect.

Maybe this will be the first SotW where only one of the contestants get vote?
I am aware that my screen isn't that SotW worthy. You know, I decided to submit this screen when I started to make it and then I simply couldn't refrain from submitting it... I thought about drawing new Inverted World castle tiles, but I didn't want to use time for that in the case of this simmetric castle... This is made upon the light world version and the light world version is made upon the LttP castle. That's why it's so simmetric. Blame Vaati.

EDIT: Billy, you pinpoint my averageness, but vote for yourself? What did I say about making up for bad detail with new tiles? O... k... leave it.

Edited by CastChaos, 11 November 2007 - 02:54 PM.

#10 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

Yeah had to go for mudvayne, CC yours came close but a little bland, still pretty cool though.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

billy ronald - 4/10
The subscreen portion is what looks like the most creative part of this screenshot, although not much of an improvement from your standard subscreen portion if you can call it one, as I am undecided on that. The room itself is not all that interesting despite using see through water. Not bad for a typical quest screen though.

CastChaos - 5/10
I like where you are going with this, but I don't find those windows to be appropriate for a castle exterior. Castle windows (most especially on a lower floor) are often narrower and are not covered with glass and that kind of trimming. Those statues don't seem to go well with the facade either. Perhaps look for other statues that would better match those walls. A road or something similar up to the main door to help differentiate it from the rest of the ground would certainly spice things up as well. Link's size, which I know you can't help unfortunately, makes the proportions of the castle vs. Link seem quite off.

mudvayne - 7/10
Nice work. It's creative, unique, and full of eye candy. I like the creativity with the subscreen portion, although some of the rectangles in it look a bit awkward. My vote for this week goes to mudvayne.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

mudvayne. Although it has its share of faults, it's a very interesting screen. CastChaos, Billy, too average. I know both of you guys can do better than that! Especially you, CastChaos.

#13 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

Mudvayne's screen has some major layering oddities, particularly towards the bottom of the screen with those stone slabs and the grass layered over the mountains. Despite that, it's still my pick for this week, as it's the most eye-catching and artistic.

EDIT: I made a ton of spelling errors. (someone's been drinking)

Edited by Joe Dirt, 11 November 2007 - 04:52 PM.

#14 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Mudvayne's is so pretty.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

If you just glance at the three screens, Mudvayne's really stands out.
And I think it clearly is the best of the three, however on closer inspection it does definately have a good few errors.

I hate that subscreen on it though. It just looks horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users