Photo

Screenshot of the Week 119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 119 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 119

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

CastChaos
user posted image
"If you have question, go in a library!"

DarkFlameWolf
user posted image
An overworld screenie from "Lost Isle"

Radien
user posted image
The lovely dunes bordering Windfall Village are beautiful and teeming with... "wildlife..."

thanks to Peteo and DFW for the last submission. now I can post this on the correct day!

#2 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

Radien strikes back.
I love the DOR set, and how you use it!

#3 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

Raiden- Haha... so youre using Sd3 grass now to. Nice ^_^. Still kinda annoys me that these tiles have been in the database for a year+ and no one else has even bothered to touch them icon_razz.gif. Nice shot though.

Cast O Choas- Good but no tomato.

DarkFlameWolf- Badda Bing Badda Boom you get my vote. Mainly for the number you did making that castle look ruined, and the solider guys... just lovely in general. Good Job icon_smile.gif

Erk... where is Peteos?

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 23 April 2006 - 06:07 PM.

#4 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Hmm...

CastChaos- The shot could use some work... The snow is really repetitive, and a couple of the tiles used on the mountians don't look like they belong...

DarkFlameWolf- Ah, the ruined castle in the forest... I believe thats Shoelace's Magnificent Castle tiles? You used them pretty well, and edited them well too... Also, I don't think I've seen those enemy tiles before, and that magic meter looks sharp... Pretty good.

Raiden- Grass... Hypnotizing.... Me... So... Nice... Blends... In...

And the vote goes to....

DarkFlameWolf

Edited by Taku of Miso, 23 April 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

ZC-Ninja, Peteo sent me the shot, and said both he and FDW are working on Lost Isle

#6 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

Wow, I've never seen those castles used so well. DarkFlameWolf by far.

As for the other ones, they're both ok

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

I'll have to go with DarkFlameWolf here. The colors look so natural, and there is a lot of variety and detail. The others were a bit too simple for me, but good work by all. icon_smile.gif

#8 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

*See above*

Prety sums it up. That, and I'm a sucker for good looking tiles.

#9 Firefly

Firefly

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

CastChaos: The terrain is very repetitive.
Radien: Nostalgic shot, all of the DoR tileset is nostalgic as well.
DarkFlameWolf: Looks great! however, the .jpg format makes it look bad, and I don't like that Link at all.

My vote goes to the Zelda Classic goddess, DarkFlameWolf.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

Ah, three submissions from people who have not submitted for a while. Therefore, I get to see some very different stuff. Excellent.

CastChaos - It looks sort of like something I have seen before. The details are decent, but nothing spectacular. The change of elevation of the ground between the two ledges does not look clear.

DarkFlameWolf and/or Peteo - Very nice facade and entry road indeed! As usual, your placement of trees are also well done. I just love those walls! The windows and entrance are also very nice. My vote goes here.

Radien - I love these ledges, for they look very natural. I really like the choice of sand tiles as well. Compared to the previous shot, I would say "Close, but no cigar."

#11 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

CastChaos: Hmm... the idea of the shot is nice, though it seems a bit basic. The improper transparency on the back of the library's roof bugs me. Also, you shouldn't use weeds on every single tile; you should try to put them only on random tiles... I do 45% of my grass/ground tiles with decoration tiles, like weeds. Also, you should try different weeds, not just the same one. The character sprites aren't that bad... It's a nice shot, but you're abilities aren't even close to those of your competitors... give it time. Keep trying. You'll get better. icon_smile.gif

Radien: I actually don't see anything wrong with this shot... it's pretty awesome. Theres just nothing really special about it.

DarkFlameWolf: Now... theres something about the tiles you chose, and the way you placed them, which made this shot glow for me. It seems crisp in a way. I voted for this shot.

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:58 AM

I love what you did with the Magnificent Castle Tiles! The design is just great. As is Radien's shot. However, DarkflameWolf's picture is golden! *votes*

#13 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

I apologize for DarkFlameWolf's shot being so blurry, but we both agreed on sending it as a .jpg

She really makes wonderful looking OW screenies, eh? All I did for her was editing those Shoelace's magnificent castle tiles and the rest is her work. icon_wink.gif

BTW, Radien's shot looks as solid as screenies can get, looks so good. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

CastChaos: This is one of the best screens that I made and still not good... I think I really need to stop submitting...

DarkFlameWolf'o'Peteo: This castle looks super in this ruined way... The whole screen is well-detailed and good for the eye. Vote'd.

Raiden: Simple screen, but sketched very well.

#15 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

I like Radien's a lot, but DFW's castle takes my vote!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users