Photo

Screenshot of the Week 107

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 107 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 107

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

Freedom
user posted image
More from Adventure Tileset

Jonathan
user posted image
Since when have forest dungeons actually been in forests?

nicklegends
user posted image
Welcome to the Caliginous Basin.

on a side note: Jonathan, WHERE did you get those tiles?

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:24 PM

Yay, first vote, first post.

Freedom: Exceptional Layout. Absolutely. (The tiles are awesome too, but the layout really shines.) The palette is prime, and the setting and mood are perfect. Even if it's just showing off a screenshot of tiles, it would still make a great scene from a graveyard. I really like that in a shot. icon_smile.gif Definitely be proud of this.

Jonathan: ... Um ... I second Gashin's question. icon_blink.gif Where the heck are you getting all these tiles? It's almost too good to be real! (I think they call that "Surreal." icon_razz.gif ... ) The layout isn't too nice, but considering the size of what you're working with, that's excusable. The first thing which I feel is the most awesome thing -ever- about this screenshot, ... [/schoolgirl] ... are the towers. The walls of those towers are the coolest things I've ever seen in ZC's graphics. ... No, seriously, I really mean that.

nicklegends: Wow, that's a cool "basin." icon_blink.gif Definitely awesome. I like the layout, and I like the potential for land on top and shallows/water on the bottom. The mushrooms are also a nice touch. The rain in particular is a very nice type of rain. icon_smile.gif

#3 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

Jonathan gets my vote for the trees... those 2 trees just apple to me more than Freedoms shot... Very nice shot though freedom icon_biggrin.gif

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

Wow, I'm up against some tough competition this week (or does it always seem that way when I enter?) icon_doh.gif

The rain in particular is a very nice type of rain.

It's not strictly supposed to be rain, but more like some sort of misty mist. It's actually the transparent snow tile's animation slowed down slightly. icon_wink.gif I wish I could attatch a MIDI file to my picture to set the mood even more. Then people would get the whole picture. icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I null'd the vote, by the way.

Edited by nicklegends, 04 December 2005 - 05:39 PM.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

I wish I could attatch a MIDI file to my picture to set the mood even more.
PM it to me, considering I voted for you and all. icon_razz.gif XD

Oh, so it was mist. In that case, you'd probably be best off making it transparent clouds, with white mist. Blue mist rarely works.

#6 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

I voted for Freedom.

That pallet is mint, mate icon_thumbsup.gif.

#7 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

Freedom gets my vote, but just by a little bit.

Freedom: I love minish cap tiles, and those are mint perfect icon_wink.gif I have seen those trees before in some of your other shots, but this one just tops zem all.

Johnathon: At first when I looked at your shot I said "that isn't that great icon_sweat.gif ". I looked down at other people's comments and then looked at it again. That is a sweet shot. It is really... 3Dish. lol. Nice job.

nicklegends: Your screenshot was very nice, but didn't really catch my eye. It needs some more... something. I enjoyed the Nature-feel, but didn't really get caught into it.

Comix

#8 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

I voted for Freedom, but it feels like cheating. Those Minish Cap tiles are too awesome! icon_drool.gif

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(SwordOfSeals @ Dec 4 2005, 07:54 PM)
I voted for Freedom, but it feels like cheating. Those Minish Cap tiles are too awesome! icon_drool.gif

Well, think of it this way. icon_razz.gif Part of the "oomph" factor of the shot lies in the effort placed into it. You can have the best-looking shot in the world, but if little to no effort was put into it, -THEN- it might be considered cheating. Freedom is assembling this from much less than what was there originally, (as far as I know.) so in my mind, he definitely earns every vote he's getting here. icon_smile.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Dec 4 2005, 06:35 PM)
Well, think of it this way. icon_razz.gif  Freedom is assembling this from much less than what was there originally, (as far as I know.) icon_smile.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

Not quite sure what that means.
I'm pretty sure I ripped all of the graveyard tiles from MC and all are in the tileset, although they aren't all used in that screenshot.
What is meant by "cheating", is there some rule in ssotw that doesn't allow screens to be put together using ripped tiles?
I ripped them, I recolored them when needed, I layed out and built the screen and the palette they were used on.
Actually all things considered, I have several days in it, If I remember right, grabbing all the graveyard tiles and palettes, recoloring etc, took some 5 days to do, they just don't fall right out of MC and land in ZC, like I would wish that they would. icon_smile.gif

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

What is meant by "cheating", is there some rule in ssotw that doesn't allow screens to be put together using ripped tiles?
* BH4 Screams for some reason or other * ... Goodness no! <:o It's just that those with TMC Tiles will be at a natural advantage to those who don't, since TMC tiles look so much better than pretty much whatever else is out there. I mean, for pete's sake, compare those screenshots! icon_razz.gif XD It's kinda obvious.

Cheating is voting for yourself in the SSOTW, or claiming something is yours when it's not. Effort is putting together a tileset like you're doing.

#12 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

It's just that those with TMC Tiles will be at a natural advantage to those who don't

oh... well then there should be no problem for those who don't, just grab the adventure tileset, it isn't a complete minish set, but it has a bunch of them, and best of all.... It's FREE. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Freedom, 04 December 2005 - 10:06 PM.

#13 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:05 PM

Damn Jonathan! Nice tiles.. icon_wow.gif I really like how the shot blends in with its surrounding. (Jungle). So I vote for you. icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:46 PM

-null vote-
Freedom-nice shot esspecially the palettes

Me-OMG BLUE TREES.....oh right..i was actually considering not entering this shot because im still working on the tiles,but i soon decided to enter anyway

nicklegends-all i see is Pureset unfortunatly,its still a nice shot but its not eye catching,least not for me

on a side note: Jonathan, WHERE did you get those tiles?
you want them?
well the blue trees are originally green and from either the GBA Mario Golf or Mario Tennis(amazing what you find in boredum)

the walls and columns are in fact the same and i dont remember where there from or if there hamdmade but i drew the vines on them and added the trees on top of the columns

the scene looked empty so i drew a gate in about 6 seconds and put it between the columns icon_lol.gif

#15 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:23 AM

I didn't think my short post would spark controversy! icon_eek.gif But yeah, it's the beauty in the tiles themselves. So gorgeous... *drrols again*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users