Photo

Screenshot of the Week 95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:38 AM

Jonathan
user posted image

Linkus Mastii
user posted image
Link fianlly noticices the camera...

masterlink3000
user posted image
Link has found a cavern deep inside a hallow tree

Shoelace
user posted image
Citadel is under lockdown, and poor Link is trapped inside!

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

I'm first to start things off? Alright, then!

Jonathan: Usually it's best to save the best for last, but I really like this shot a lot. The colors are much smoother than your previous three entries, and the shading is at last natural. It really has a well-defined style to it, as well, so I'm not afraid to elect you as the Shot of the Week Winner for the second week in a row. icon_smile.gif

Linkus Mastii: A nice shot, for sure. icon_cool.gif If the colors of the trees were defined in higher contrast to match the styles oif the rock and the house, this would be a much better shot. As it is right now, the trees look a bit unnatural and quite flat. icon_neutral.gif

masterlink3000: I don't really know what to say about this shot. I like the vines on the wall quite a bit, but overall the screen looks a bit cluttered. It's difficult to focus on just one thing, and that is amplified by the lack of floor borders. Pretty good, but a bit overdone, if you ask me.

Shoelace: I like the tiles you used for this one, and it well qualifies as a town picture, but there's nothing in this shot that grabs me into it. (Unimmersive?) icon_confused.gif

Edited by nicklegends, 17 July 2005 - 12:02 PM.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

I'll rate all of them as I used to.

Jonathan: You've got great tiles, but the screen is overall boring especially with the vast amounts of blue. icon_shrug.gif

Linkus Mastii - Heh. The trees look pretty interesting, and the greens here are good, but because this one lacked color, it didn't get my vote. Second place by me, though. icon_wink.gif

masterlink3000 - Well 3k, the shape of the ground and everythign is good, but the patches of grass seem out of place, and the walls need more... diversity. Twist the walls around, make some broken, have half mountains on the upper layer, etc. Rocks aren't usually ever so perfect like that. Regardless though, it's not a bad screen.

Shoelace - Got my vote due to beign the most colorful, and still had great design. I'm a bit adverse to the weird shading of the hammer and the plant two tiles behind the middle guard, but I like this overall. icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

I voted for Shoelace's. Its kinda LA meeta ALTTP...

I like the castle wall things.

#5 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:40 PM

Johnathan takes my breath away again (my vote) though shoelace came very, very close to winning my vote.

The others are good, but don't exactly catch me into them. I don't find something that just makes me go "ah, that just looks lush".

lol,

Johnthan takes meh vote icon_wink.gif

Comix

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:27 PM

Jonathan: Truely, the best part of this is the water. Absolutely amazing, but the rest of the shot is good to match. icon_smile.gif

Linkus Mastii: Nice, all around. But, those trees really turn against the shot, IMO. :\

masterlink3000: It's fairly good, but you need something else for those vines. icon_neutral.gif The random tall grass combos aren't too great either.

Shoelace: I do like what you're doing with my castle tiles. icon_smile.gif Everything in the shot is nice, and this ones wins it for me. It's got good setup and a nice variety of tiles.

#7 Alex Trenton

Alex Trenton

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Jonathan gets my vote again!

Although it looks better then the rest, it really dose need less blue.

The water is blue, that is fine.
But let us do away with the blue roof.
OK

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

I find Jonathon's screenshot to have an incredible amount of detail. The brown, blue, and green go well with each other. Way to go Jonathon! The other three are also good. You all are very talented at this.

#9 Carm007

Carm007

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:13 PM

I voted for Jonathan. Very Cool Shot icon_slycool.gif

#10 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

I voted for Jonathan again. Great shot! icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:03 AM

I couldnīt vote for one! Hereīs my ranking:

Jonathan:10/10
Linkus Mastil:10/10
masterlink 3000:10/10
Shoelace:10/10

#12 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

I choose Shoelace's because it is easy to tell that there is something very indeph with that shot, and that there is a good chance the shot will change later on (meaning the guards will probably leave; I don't know). Though, the style of all the buildings don't match (One being that you seperated the shingles with a dark shade on the roof of the castle, and you seperated other details with black on the others).Great job, Shoelace. I can't wait to play that quest :>.

Linkus Mastii: Your custom tiles were very good, but in some places things were outlined with black, and others just have a darker shade as an outline. Also, your shot was funny cause it was Link waving at the camera. I found the fact that the arrow didn't move an inch a nice addition to the shot icon_blah.gif.

*votes for Shoelace*

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:31 AM

Jonathan:

I think this is excellent. In fact, I really think this should be a SOTW winner rather than the previous one, even though it did win. The layout is great, and it's got a great RPGish feel to it. icon_smile.gif Given, there's not much happening, but since it's a "house shot" I think it's perfectly fine to rely on detail rather than action. This gets my vote.

Linkus Mastii:

The trees here look pretty flat, but for being too flat, they are very good. If the LttP tiles didn't contrast so much with their 3D-ish quality, the trees would still look very good on their own. Doesn't get my vote this time, but I HIGHLY expect you to start winning SOTWs in the coming months. icon_smile.gif

Masterlink:

Those overworld tiles are way too bright; you'd best darken them... a lot. When they're that light, they look like cut out squares rather than actual terrain. If darkening them helps, cool; if not, you might want to make some use of the Overlay command. But either way they're just too bright here. :\

Shoelace:

As usual, excellent use of Pure... I'm not sure where those castle-ish tiles are from, but they look quite cool. icon_smile.gif This is better than usual even for you, so good job! The only thing I'd change would be the blue exterior walls in the southwesternmost house. The walls look too stone-like to be blue.

Also, cool mini-map. icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

Well after one day, me and Jonathan are tied. Hopefully, I can get one picture from "The Hero of Dreams" to win a SotW. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, this picture is taken from the city in front of Hyrule Castle. However, the city is under lockdown by order of King Hyrule, though, you will have to play to know the rest. The Castle tiles were LTM's and edited by me, and I think they came out awesome. Thank you so much LTM.

Well, if I didn't enter this week, I would have voted for Jonathan's pic. I thought you was very well put together. Best pic I seen from you so far. I really hope this picture is from your game, because I do want to play a game from you. I reason that I am not sure it is from the game is because of the Title of the Map, SotW Entry No ?. None the less, great job.

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:42 AM

None of them are appealing to me this week.

Null vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users