Photo

Screenshot of the Week 82

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 82 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 82

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:38 AM

Mr. Z
user posted image
Look, it's a rather uninteresting screen!

IaN
user posted image

Gashin
user posted image

PrinceMSC
user posted image

Shoelace
user posted image
I wonder what is in the chest.

Snort
user posted image
Hmm, I wonder what's in this area...

#2 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:42 AM

Wow... I'd have to go with PrinceMSC for this one. There is just so much detail and those trees look awesome!

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

Mr. Z: It is a little uninteresting, but still pretty cool.

IaN: Wow! Nice use of colors and non-Zelda graphics. icon_biggrin.gif

Gashin: O_O That is just...amazing!

PrinceMSC: Another amazing shot. This gets my vote.

Shoelace: Great shot. Love the lava. icon_razz.gif

Snort: It's sort of boring, but it has a nice layout to it.

#4 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:15 AM

I voted for Gashin. Here's why:

Mr. Z: Yes, quite uninteresting.

IaN: Great shot, but it's not really zelda-classicy if you ask me. icon_shrug.gif

Gashin: No matter how many times I see these graphics I'm still impressed. *votes*

PrinceMSC: Too purpley, and IMO it's kinda out of perspective. It's a really nice shot, but I've seen better from you.

Shoelace: You have the worst luck with the weeks you enter. This is a nice shot, but against this week's other screens a pure-based screen isn't gonna go far.

Snort: Wow, you get way higher FPS than me... Anyhow, nice shot also but again, against this week's competition you're gonna need more than that.

I might be entering next week depending on how my graphics move ahead; I'm making my own tiles and I must say they're looking pretty good icon_smile.gif.

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

WOW PrinceMSC! icon_biggrin.gif This shot is amazing. *VOTES*. You ripped the water from the Minish Cap which is very hard to get. I've tried but failed many times.

Gashin would be my second vote. He mad alot of custom tiles here. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by DragonBoy, 13 March 2005 - 12:08 PM.

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:52 AM

"I'm PrinceMSC, and I'm using easily beatable MINISH CAP graphics!" .../me fumes

Dragon Boy, I ripped nothing in that screenshot. everything you see there is hand drawn

#7 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:07 PM

No I was talking about PrinceMSC water. Everything in your shot is custom. icon_wink.gif

#8 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

Geez.. This one is tough.. I like Prince's and Gashin's. I have to vote later. Gashin's tiles are all custom.. Hm.. Prince's tiles look great. The colors do look weird though. o_O I'll vote tomorrow. icon_razz.gif

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hmm...

Mr. Z:

Well, a standard Pure shot. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing exciting.

Ian:

More ripped graphics...?

Gashin:

Your shots tend to be a little over-brown, but since I like these trees a lot more than the swamp ones, I think it all fits into place quite nicely. icon_smile.gif And that, my friend, is one excellent screenful of custom tiles.

PrinceMSC:

This one is probably going to win just because it's Minish Cap and it's done by Prince, but I'm not very fond of it. Purple ground is just too overkill, and I'm tired of screens winning just because of ripped tiles. Prince's design is good, but I doubt many look at that. I like the subscreen much more than the ripped MC graphics.

Shoelace:

Another nice, but standard shot from HoD. Personally, I think you could do something a little more interesting with those walls, and perhaps widen the walkway where it looks squished but it's a good screen.

Snort:

Very nice use of Ccc's tiles... and I like the palette. But without enemies or Link, it's not very interesting. I always say this, but take your shots in the ZC player for best results.

I vote for Gashin. He does really well with his brownish RPG-style tiles, and has good screen layout, too. Also, those shadows of his rock.

#10 Marcus

Marcus

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

Hm... some good ones here. I like the overall layout and colors of Gashin's, so he gets my vote. Prince's is nice, but, it's pretty much just out of the box TMC tiles. Its a good layout, but theres not a lot that's custom about it.

Other comment: Mr. Z, work on your dialogue just a little bit. Its a nice shot (the mountain tiles are a bit out of line on the right cornet, but still), however, the "Meh" just ruins it for me.

Random thought... wouldn't it be fun if names weren't included with the shots?

Edited by Marcus, 13 March 2005 - 04:25 PM.

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:26 PM

I voted for Gashin, as these tiles are superb. Good work buddy. icon_wink.gif

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

Gashin this time 'round. Pure-custom greatness.

Prince's shot contains TONS of purple which isn't appealing to my eyes. Plus, it's all ripped graphics... though, I can understand the showing off of a great tileset in progress. icon_smile.gif

To those that missed it, Prince intended to enter a shot that could be beaten. Check the previous topic concerning the canceling of SotW 82 last week.

QUOTE(Marcus)
Other comment: Mr. Z, work on your dialogue just a little bit. Its a nice shot (the mountain tiles are a bit out of line on the right cornet, but still), however, the "Meh" just ruins it for me.

It's a joek shot. Z was bored and made that in a matter of minutes just to have something to send into SotW.

#13 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 13 2005, 05:37 PM)
I'm tired of screens winning just because of ripped tiles

Very nice use of Ccc's tiles

Using someone else's tiles is the same thing as using ripped tiles, just that the tiles ripped from a game were made by someone who got payed for it. Pure is composed mostly of ripped tiles, so when Pure shots were winning they winning becuase of ripped tiles.

I loved Prince's shot, the purple doesn't bother me at all. I loved the palette of that area when I entered it. Gashin's is great too, as always icon_smile.gif

#14 Guest_DeFray (Guest)

Guest_DeFray (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:57 PM

'Bout time I got into the PureZC forums. Oh, and I'm very happy to see SotW back up this week. I was rather worried after last week.

And dang, look at these screens! It came back nice and strong. OK,here we go:

Mr. Z: I am deeply amused.

IaN: Is that even ZC related? Still, it's definitely nice looking.

Gashin: Very nice. The competition this week is really between you and PrinceMSC. Awesome custom job.

PrinceMSC: When I first saw these screens, you got my vote. I didn't know at the time that they were Minish-ripped because I haven't played TMC yet, but even though Gashin probably put more work into his custom tiles, I like looking at yours better. Just something about the colors and especially the birds.

Shoelace: I love the scabbard on Link's back. If the other two weren't in this week, I think you could've taken it.

Snort: If that's from your quest then I have a feeling I'm going to love going through that area. It's just a little plain graphically.

Hmmm....Marcus, I think that you have an awesome idea. Could you set that up for a week and see how it goes over, Prince?

Edited by DeFray, 13 March 2005 - 07:59 PM.

#15 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

Mr. Z: It looks...uninteresting.

IaN: Cool looking title screen!

Gashin: This shot gets my vote. I just love the way the trees look and the castle.

PrinceMSC: I almost voted for this shot...but I don't like all the purple.

Shoelace: Another great looking area with a good layout. Just to bad Pure shots don't stand a chance against this week's competition.

Snort: Nice layout...but kinda dull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users