• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

http://www.armageddo...638#post1127638

Please vote on the direction of Zelda Classic.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

(To all who do not have an AGN Account: ) Yeah, this one's a liiiittle harder to handle than PM'ing me your vote, as you can only vote in the poll once, so I could only cast one vote. Also, the poll at AGN displays the username of the person who voted for the choice that they did, so it's sort of difficult to edit, as the poll doesn't consist of only editable numbers. Sorry. >.<

Any ideas, Freedom? Peteo? DN? icon_unsettled.gif

Eh, just pick your vote here.
  1. Features - Finish and flesh out all planned features before releasing 2.5 in its final form.
  2. Release - Complete feature halt / reversion. Bugs fixes are the only work allowed.

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

I'm not saying that they should completely halt new features. What I AM saying is that they should clean up b403 and release it as 2.5. All new features shuold be continued on in a 2.6 version. Or some other version number.

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

1 and 2. Keep features and fix their bugs, or remove ones that have too many bugs. Then add new ones that are certain not to have many bugs. And finally, release it to the public. Then, work on betas of a new release.

We're all getting aggressive on the official final release; maybe if there had been some analysis on features and their coding, perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess.

#5 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 25 2007, 04:05 PM) View Post

I'm not saying that they should completely halt new features. What I AM saying is that they should clean up b403 and release it as 2.5. All new features shuold be continued on in a 2.6 version. Or some other version number.

Indeed.

I'll say the same, since there are already plenty of new stuff, now. I know new features are awesome, but if you continually try to add new features to something, you'll never be able to get it released.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Jun 25 2007, 01:11 PM) View Post

Then add new ones that are certain not to have many bugs.

That type of thinking leads to features that have crippled ZC in the past. And will most likely do so in the future. You simply cannot predict what a new feature will bring.

#7 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

I believe in a feature rich AND stable release.

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 25 2007, 04:35 PM) View Post

That type of thinking leads to features that have crippled ZC in the past. And will most likely do so in the future. You simply cannot predict what a new feature will bring.

Quoted for truth. It's either gotta be no new features, or all new features. Even a simple addition can completely corrupt segments of code.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

I voted for 1.

Okay, everyone knows, that I am a huge supporter of the bug-free 2.5. I been waiting for a hell of a long time for it. And lately, the developers been doing great.

But when you add those things like sidescroller, etc. there so going to be things you have to add, like ladders. Now that it is added, you have finish it as the feature wouldn't be finished. I know that will take longer to do, but it is already added, you have finish it as people are excepting it, and to me that is like a bug. As for new, new features, wait until after 2.5.

I just think that they have to finish the features that are planned, and then make it stable. I know that will take long. I know that there may be a chance that I may leave ZC before then, however, I don't want them to not finish things that people are expecting. But don't release it without being stable afterwards.

#10 Dark Nation

Dark Nation

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

Anyone here with 50 ore more posts under their belt can create an AGN account and vote on the poll now. Make your voice heard.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Dark Nation @ Jun 25 2007, 11:21 PM) View Post
Anyone here with 50 ore more posts under their belt can create an AGN account and vote on the poll now. Make your voice heard.
50, huh? O.o' ... I could've sworn it was less, actually. Far less in fact. Whatever. The REAL issue is, that the Validation E-mail almost never arrives. I remember that back in mid 2002, I had to wait several days to receive my validation E-mail. (It probably also arrived in the Bulk Mail area.)

... ... Nevermind, I think I misunderstood something. I think he meant here at Pure, that the account exists. From AGN:
QUOTE(DN)
Okay, all PureZC members that wanted to vote here but couldn't should be able to do so now. However, to prevent poll skewing, please make a note in the PureZC thread about this poll:

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=29136

However, for those that have created an account here for voting purposes, only people with 50 or more posts at PureZC will be counted.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

Unfortunately, the only reason I joined AGN was to report one bug. A bug that was fixed, BTW. Woot for 11 posts.

#13 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

I'm gonna say the same thing here as I will at AGN: LET THE DEVELOPERS FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED. They agreed upon a plan as to what features should be worked on and implemented in 2.5, and are trying to meet that goal with steady and definative progress. If mistakes were made in the past, it is exactaly that, the past. Constantly whining about it does absolutely NO good whatsoever. You want a stable version rushed out, well think back to 2.10, wasn't that rushed out? As far as the argument "well once they finish these new features, they're just gonna keep adding more, more, more" I don't think that is the case. It's been argued too many times, and I think the Devs are working on getting everything together and trying to make b18 as bugfree as possible. From what i've read the enemy re-jiggering is almost done, the message, item, and string editor have few bugs, along with Zscript. Why work so hard to rush out an incomplete 2.5? I also realize this post will be subject to counter-posts and random bashings with pointy sticks, But I have to side with the developers here, they have an intamate knowledge of coding ZC, and if they believe a stable beta is not far off I will believe them. Thus I propose three things:

1) A stable 2.10.3 -DN is this still progressing? I too would love to see a stable 2.10

2) Not rushing out and a massive bugfix b18 and making it a quest designers dream.

3) No newer new features beyond that which is being ironed out.

-Therefore I have to vote 1: finish the features as planned, don't half-ass anything.

-N

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

I'm really inbetween what Gleeok is saying and the other viewpoint. Maybe a 2.3, or 2.4 release now, but still implement everything that was promised in a future 2.5? I think that that is a healthy compromise that most can agree with.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

I voted 2.

If the developers try to finish/add all the features they planned ever and they slip occassionaly some more new features in, then there will be NEVER a stable version.

The ONLY way to release a stable 2.50 is to stop all new features, don't improve the already existing ones and fix all bugs one after another!

Again, adding/improving features would leah to a cascade of bugs whiches would be too many to find and especially to truthfully analyse. Get used to the thought of Truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users